Is Mario Goetze overhyped? The german Jack Wilshire ? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Is Mario Goetze overhyped? The german Jack Wilshire ?

+17
LeBéninois
Tomwin Lannister
Killer
SchinnerC
briarfish
halamadrid2
VivaStPauli
Toffer Harley
Le Samourai
Ganso
juventus101
REWB
DuringTheWar
la bestia negra
Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
BigBadBen
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Mario Goetze overhyped? The german Jack Wilshire ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Mario Goetze overhyped? The german Jack Wilshire ?

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:21 pm

The kid will surely leave a more impressive legacy than wilshere, but we can discuss that in 15 years. Players like Wilshere come around more often than players like Goetze, but as said - that's just my opinion.

However, there is absolutely no doubt Goetze is the biggest german talent over the last years, that's common consensus in germany and many experts, DFB officials as well as high ranking current or former players have stated that. But well when it comes to scouting young talent I will trust in the English then.

Furthermore he's frequently linked with clubs other than Arsenal in the same fashion as Oezil was linked with other clubs before WC10, so I have no idea what you are talkin about. In Goetze's case clubs know though that 35+ mill will be required, which was different with Oezil who was a bargain at the time. In fact, in a thread like this back then, where Oezil would have been matched up with Pastore or other comparable randoms, people would have bashed him. Not many people took that guy seriously before WC10 and hardly knew him, Madrid fans also had their doubts. So don't make it look like the whole international football world was already collectively blown away by him.

About Goetze not starting... well he was injured for half a year - shit happens. Apart from that why would Loew start an 20 year old in an already young team over the no.10 from Real Madrid, which is his legitmate position, or one of his trusted role players? Obviously right now Oezil is better, but if Goetze continues his development he will be on eye level and possibly above in 2-3 years.

Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Is Mario Goetze overhyped? The german Jack Wilshire ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Mario Goetze overhyped? The german Jack Wilshire ?

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:

did goetze get picked to be in ad with messi? no? didnt think so Afro

funny thing is, everything you described about goetze can be said about wilshere

once Adidas and Nike merge it's a possibilty Afro
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 pm

i thought they're both with nike? confused

DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:01 pm

i thought it was atleast something football relevant but well Pepsi it is then, fair enough.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by briarfish Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:34 am

Hi, I'm new here.

Well, after seeing the following clip on youtube:
Mario Götze - Amazing Skills Assists & Goals 2011 - 2012 HD

(As a new member I can not post the link. Just search the title on youtube if you want to see it. There are similar clips of Neymar, Reus, Hazard.., just look at them and make the comparisons for yourself.)

I would say Goetze is not overrated. In fact, I have not seen a bigger talent than him since Messi, or let's say: I like him more than the other young talented players (above).
Of course, Messi is better than Goetze in many things but for a team like Germany, Goetze could be the better player.

And I believe that Goetze will take over the role of Oezil in the german team in just 2-3 years.

briarfish
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:31 am

Just a heads up, people here love bashing people who watch highlight clips on youtube as they will automatically assume you wholy base your opinion on them. Very Happy
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by briarfish Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:52 am

@SchinnerC: Thanks!

I think that clips don't always tell you the [whole] truth, but it could at least tell you something. In my opinions, that series of clips were good made.

briarfish
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:58 pm

juventus101 wrote:Gotze is one of the few players capable of challenging Messi in the future in my.opinion. Definitely not overrated at all. If anything hes underrated, whereas Hazard and especially Neymar get all the spotlight, Gotze is better than either of them and has more potential.

He will not even come close to the level of Messi.
It might perhaps be as good as Totti or Del Piero.

Gotze dosen't have the ball control and the dribbling ability of Messi(not even close), dosen't have the vision and the intelligence of Messi. He dosen't  have the athletic ability of Messi. Messi at 16 years old was better than any young player today.
Gotze could become a great player but never close to Messi.
In the history of the football  fee players were just as good as Messi.

Today Eden Hazard is the player most similar to Messi

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:05 pm

wat
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:07 pm

Saying all that

Then dropping a Hazard - Messi comparison at the end rofl

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:08 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Saying all that

Then dropping a Hazard - Messi comparison at the end rofl

Hence the wat.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:19 pm

The Rodriguez combo >>>>>>>>
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:31 pm

rofl
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:The kid will surely leave a more impressive legacy than wilshere, but we can discuss that in 15 years. Players like Wilshere come around more often than players like Goetze, but as said - that's just my opinion.

lul already sealed. no need to wait 15 years..
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:34 pm

Both wilshere and gotze have really stagnated. I know why wilshere has, injuries destroyed crucial development years, but why gotze? Poor for the second half of last season and awful at the world cup
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:59 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:Both wilshere and gotze have really stagnated. I know why wilshere has, injuries destroyed crucial development years, but why gotze? Poor for the second half of last season and awful at the world cup

cheers 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:53 am

Jogi Löw only took Mario Götze along for one purpose: Score the winning goal in the final. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:00 am

rwo power wrote:Jogi Löw only took Mario Götze along for one purpose: Score the winning goal in the final. :coffee:

What a masterstroke!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:45 am

DuringTheWar wrote:Both wilshere and gotze have really stagnated. I know why wilshere has, injuries destroyed crucial development years, but why gotze? Poor for the second half of last season and awful at the world cup
I didn't think so

Crying or Very sad
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2