leemhuis
TrezeGent
zarola
38 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Giorgio Chiellini - Not good - Page 3 Empty Re: Giorgio Chiellini - Not good

Post by Swanhends Fri 15 Jun - 5:29:42

Milantildeath wrote:his nonsense fouling is horrible, let's just say all muscle no brains....Fair?

little too harsh IMO

I'd say he's definitely more muscle than brains, but I wouldn't say no brains...you don't pull off the kind of tackles he does without any brains

I think Zarola has the right of it...He's a great defender at times, but he struggles to escape his own natural clumsiness a lot if you ask me

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri 15 Jun - 5:53:14

Cotes wrote:
shut up & watch!

Key word vs ****Atalanta**** :bow:
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri 15 Jun - 5:55:24

Cassius_Case wrote:I didn't know it was still the trend for milanista's to be butthurt?
It's not a trend, but a way of life, apparently.

This is ridiculous. Chiellini had nothing to do with the Fabregas goal. Today's goal must be attributed to him, but in reality it was a perfect pass and a very nice finish by Mandzukic that put the ball in the net.

What this really comes down to is that some don't like Chiellini's playing style. Because he is tall, lanky and tends to flail, he can't possibly be competent... right? Because he doesn't play in the calm, collected, and stereotypically overconfident Italian style of defense, he can't possibly be a good defender. The reality is that he's the heartbeat of the Juventus and Italian defense (that would be the same Juventus defense that went unbeaten in the Serie A), and he is exceptionl (if not World Class) in multiple defensive positions. You're more than welcome to dislike him due to the club he plays for. However, to rail against him for things that were out of his control is absolutely asinine. He's not worthless because he made one mistake. Any defender that has ever lived has made mistakes. For god's sake, let's call this what it is: a riff on Chiellini because he plays for Juventus. If this were Samuel, Nesta, Silva or Lucio, they wouldn't be getting the same treatment.

If you're willing to admit that, feel free to carry on your little spat.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Fri 15 Jun - 6:13:56

Cotes wrote:
shut up & watch!

after watching that video, you've convinced me. Chiellini is the best central defender in the world.
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Fri 15 Jun - 6:15:53

juventus101 wrote:Chiellini in my.opjnikn when hes on his gane is the bssg decender on the planst right now. Thiago Silva is great, but Chidllini is bstter. Chiellini made one mistake, and he gets hated on like this? You guys forgit i guess that we had the bsst defense in the world this ssason and Giorgio was the leader. That we lost one game (in the cup final) all season, and both goals came from his side, because he was out injured. Every game hss played in we havent lost this season. Also, its just as much our forwards faults, cuz they shouldve put the me away long before that and then that wouldve just been a consolation goal. Chiellini is a beast, anyone thag tries to argue fhat is an idiot. Simple as that.

best defense in the world??? Rolling Eyes

did juve's defense test itself in the champions league?? how many elite attacks do you play against in the Serie A???? None..lol. Cool How many world class players do you play against in Italy?? A handful... bounce

Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri 15 Jun - 6:21:18

Can't wait to see Chiellini roll with Europes elite in the CL next season

It might just bring some Juventini back down to Earth
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Fri 15 Jun - 8:48:51

The most epic lolz was the derossi>>>>>>>>>>>> ... come on now.

Anyway. Anyone who actually understands how Juve's defence worked will see that Barzagli was the one that made the defence successful with his reading of the front line players and his excellent timing. To call chiellini a scrub is silly, but hes not exactly the best either. Its ok to admit it, he has been mistake prone in the past and wasnt Juventus best defender. In the line up we have right now, hes probably the best df Italy have.

Hes good, but he isnt the GOAT... I can actually see Bonucci ending up better overall than him in the future
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri 15 Jun - 12:24:37

So much hate in this thread for no valid reason, apart from the fact that there are a lot of bitters fans.

Firstly, Giaccherini was the one that cost Italy against Spain, when he failed to track Fabregas quicker. That's an apparent point, which has obviously been lost within all this irrelevant bickering. Next, take into account where Cheillini is playing: left back. For a player that hasn't played there constantly, he is a great asset to have. His height, in addition to this, makes it useful to defend against the tall players, and he used his height effectively against Croatia. One mistake doesn't result in him being a poor player, choose what you want to believe, I have no problem with that, but what I do have a problem with is when AC Milan fans and Inter Milan fans criticise him for one mistake, when that's just a partial element as to why Italy lost points.

Have you considered that Maggio and Giaccherini were poor attacking wise and defensively. The former has no excuse because he is one of the most experienced players in the squads. The latter's inexperience showed, and it's hard to fault him when he's only played two games for his country. Have you taken account about the wrong substitutions? Bringing on Montolivo for Motta (correct decision to take him off considering the circumstances) reduced Italy's defensive discipline, and it forced Marchisio to drop deeper. Nocerino was the right man to bring on. Did you consider that, once Di Natale, who has been hyped up so much, came on for Balotelli, there was a lack attacking rhythm? Same people that say Di Natale should start were shown why Balotelli is a much better asset to have.

Finally, are you also going to blame Cheillini for Italy's lack of attacking flair after they conceded? Is Chiellini responsible for not scoring enough goals? Should he be moved to a forward position to score more goals? By your logic, yes to all those questions. Fact is, Italy had more than enough time to find the winner, and one man isn't culpable for Italy losing two points, when there were a few other players who performed much poorer.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Fri 15 Jun - 12:34:13

He is trash. Shoot him. Even Bonera is better than him. YOU KNOW THAT'S BAD!

Lol @ the people saying "just because he made one mistake"

I keep saying, I would have begged Nesta to play this Euro. After all, the reason he retired from the NT was because he wanted to focus on Milan, now he is free from that responsabiliy and body stress.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jun - 12:38:31

i refuse to say chiellini is not good.... he just lost concentration, and it is just one off moment. i mean he really fought for balls, he made some good challenge and good interception.

as far as i am concerned maggio is a more suspect to me in defense than chiellini, he constantly allowed croatian left back to make dangerous crosses numerous times...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jun - 12:40:14

MrDeeds wrote:He is trash. Shoot him. Even Bonera is better than him. YOU KNOW THAT'S BAD!

I keep saying, I would have begged Nesta to play this Euro. After all, the reason he retired from the NT was because he wanted to focus on Milan, now he is free from that responsabiliy and body stress.

one of the reasons, aside from that was that Nesta was incredibly disappointed that when italy won world cup, media blasted him that we won without nesta....

he was very disappointed with that... and unfortunately, no one backed him up, atleast i didnt read anything that any player from azzurri that time defended him ...

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri 15 Jun - 12:42:48

MrDeeds wrote:He is trash. Shoot him. Even Bonera is better than him. YOU KNOW THAT'S BAD!

Such a poor post, I don't know where to start. The knee-jerk reasons (that's what it is) is puerile at best. Bonera has never been better than Chiellini and never will, if he was then he would have been called up to the international squad, but he wasn't. I comprehend you're kind of joking, but at the same time you believe what you are saying, which is a bit worrying. It was one mistake that cost us a goal, no other mistake cost us a goal, and he was solid throughout both games.

No, shows what you know, Nesta would never do that.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jun - 12:44:23

feels maggio and giaccherini were a little bit of suspect more than chiellini. i expected more of maggio because really he hasnt provided much in attack, neither in defense. giaccherini is ok, want to see nocerino play in place of giaccherini. and abate ahead of maggio

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri 15 Jun - 12:47:14

I love this thread. Milan and Inter fans bashing Chiellini, Juve fans supporting him.

The highlight of the thread is the guy that has Jaap Stam in Milan shirt as his avatar saying Chiellini is shit though. Laughing Laughing

Last edited by danyjr on Fri 15 Jun - 12:48:19; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri 15 Jun - 12:47:27

JespSwe wrote:feels maggio and giaccherini were a little bit of suspect more than chiellini. i expected more of maggio because really he hasnt provided much in attack, neither in defense. giaccherini is ok, want to see nocerino play in place of giaccherini. and abate ahead of maggio

Abate is a good player, but should only be used when there is a back four. The reason Prandelli trusts Maggio is because he is a regular starter for Napoli, in what is a similar line-up. I hope to see four in the back, with Abate at right back, however. Also, Nocerino isn't suited to playing on the left, he should start in the middle always.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri 15 Jun - 12:51:47

danyjr wrote:I love this thread. Milan and Inter fans bashing Chiellini, Juve fans supporting him.

The highlight of the thread is the guy that has Jaap Stam in Milan shirt as his avatar saying Chiellini is shit though. Laughing Laughing

:bow:

NB: I love Jaap Stam.....
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Fri 15 Jun - 12:54:21

Seriously, he is technically horrible. He puts "huevos", but the only decent game he has ever had with Italy is Spain-Italy Euro 08, the rest shameful. And when he played next to Cannavaro, Jesus, what a horrible defense, it was so bad that is almost epic. Lippi's fault.

He is such a let down from the great Italian defenders. Juve fans obviously defend him because he is one of the leaders and most passionate players of their club.

Seriously, shoot him. Let me send him some messages on twitter letting him know how much he screwed Italy's chances to go through the group stage with an AMATEUR ERROR.

danyjr wrote:I love this thread. Milan and Inter fans bashing Chiellini, Juve fans supporting him.

OMG what is that supposed to mean? Jaap Stam is GOD. He shits on Chiellini. Seriously, do not ever.

Last edited by MrDeeds on Fri 15 Jun - 12:55:47; edited 1 time in total

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 15 Jun - 12:55:35

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So your blaming Chiellini for something that was clearly not his fault? ( spain loss)

Ok then i see what's going on here Laughing

they drew with spain :coffee:

also thiago silva > chiellini don't make me laugh.

I didnt say Chiellini was better than Silva did i? he's probably 2nd to him in Serie A though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jun - 12:56:32

II Capitano wrote:
JespSwe wrote:feels maggio and giaccherini were a little bit of suspect more than chiellini. i expected more of maggio because really he hasnt provided much in attack, neither in defense. giaccherini is ok, want to see nocerino play in place of giaccherini. and abate ahead of maggio

Abate is a good player, but should only be used when there is a back four. The reason Prandelli trusts Maggio is because he is a regular starter for Napoli, in what is a similar line-up. I hope to see four in the back, with Abate at right back, however. Also, Nocerino isn't suited to playing on the left, he should start in the middle always.

just felt maybe abate should start because he is a former winger, and if he should adapt wingback position that maggio fills atm he wont have any problems. well since italians have put themselves in do or die situation maybe ur right maggio will probably start.

well i think nocerino is a very good left midfielder, if u have seen him in milan he was more comfortable in left than right. plus nocerino is also a good hardworker with good ability to score.

have no idea how prandelli plays the team....

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri 15 Jun - 13:01:35

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So your blaming Chiellini for something that was clearly not his fault? ( spain loss)

I didnt say Chiellini was better than Silva did i? he's probably 2nd to him in Serie A though.

Mate, don't bother, this thread is full of some poor, laughable posts.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri 15 Jun - 13:24:01

Cheillini almost caused a penalty for man handling a player during a cross ,which was a stone wall penalty but Howard webb gave Italy a freekick lol.

He again lost the man for the goal by totally ignoring the CF. There was only one Croatia player in the box and that was Manduzkic.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Fri 15 Jun - 13:33:51

nichabr wrote:cheilini is decent not nearly as good as juve fans would have u believe(hes their star boy now so its understandable) bonnuci(AKA ScapeGOAT) and barzagli have been better for juventus this season but all these fan boys do is praise cheilini when he keeps letting his country down.
I think I found the most hilarious part in this thread :bow:
Show me Chiellini's mistakes from the same caliber as Bonucci's lol. Even if you only watched 1 (or 2) matches of Juve this year - vs Milan, you would never say that unless you have serious problems

On topic, Chiellini has been rock solid for Juve this year. We conceded 20 goals in 38 games ffs.. First credit goes to Barzagli of course, but every time Chiellini wasn't playing our defense was kinda messy.

When we played against Russia, Chiellini wasn't playing and we conceded three.. You can totally blame him for yesterday's goal obviously, he lost concentration at the worst time, but as many others said the REAL problem is the inability to score the chances.. We had so many of them in the first half, should have been buried for the half time, because mistakes DO happen to everyone.

Last edited by dronte on Fri 15 Jun - 13:42:07; edited 1 time in total

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Fri 15 Jun - 13:38:48

Not generalizing but looking at Milan and Inter fans bitching and blaming Chiello for Italy's only inability (which is to score) is ridiculous.

As their teams would provide anything for Italy smh.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Fri 15 Jun - 13:45:22

As their teams would provide anything for Italy smh.[/quote]
TrezeGent wrote:Not generalizing but looking at Milan and Inter fans bitching and blaming Chiello for Italy's only inability (which is to score) is ridiculous.

But, Italy's never been a good scoring team, they were good defending tho :coffee:

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri 15 Jun - 13:54:48

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:

Only the first part was directed at you :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Fri 15 Jun - 14:20:35

MrDeeds wrote:As their teams would provide anything for Italy smh.
TrezeGent wrote:Not generalizing but looking at Milan and Inter fans bitching and blaming Chiello for Italy's only inability (which is to score) is ridiculous.

But, Italy's never been a good scoring team, they were good defending tho :coffee:[/quote]

Partially true that. But to say Italy are bad at defending today is ridiculous though. I watched the game till the 79th minute, and till that minute, Croatias goal was their only pure slip in defense.

Italy was playing a secure and pretty solid game to a great team until Motta went out, or better said, (mole style) Montoshitto came in. :facepalm:

C'mon, even you know Chiello is one of the worlds best defenders, but if you decide to try and troll my sensitive fellow Juve fans you're not doing that good my fella. :coffee:

TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next