Edgar Davids: Pirlo is key but Del Piero is irreplaceable

2 posters

Go down

Edgar Davids: Pirlo is key but Del Piero is irreplaceable Empty Edgar Davids: Pirlo is key but Del Piero is irreplaceable

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:52 am

Former Juventus midfielder Edgar Davids was quick to heap praise on the contributions of Alessandro Del Piero to the club's cause, who waved goodbye to the Bianconeri after 19 years of dedicated service.

Speaking at the Tiger Street Football event in Singapore, Davids pointed to the fact that Del Piero was a living representation of Juventus' name itself, and therefore had been rightfully immortalised as a true club legend.

"Football will never see another Alessandro Del Piero," Davids sighed to Goal.com Singapore when asked of his reaction to hearing news of the 37-year-old's impending departure.

"Juventus will never be able to buy a similar player.

"Nobody can take his place in the team. He achieved every one of his personal objectives with so much flair and personality.

"He was such a tremendous embodiment of Juventus, on the pitch and off it. That, you cannot replace."

Davids also took time to laud the quality Andrea Pirlo by revealing exactly how much the 32-year-old former Milan regista contributed to the Turin giants' title win this season.

"Was it weird to see Pirlo don the Juventus jersey? Absolutely not," replied the Dutch star.

"I met him and thanked him a few weeks ago for what he contributed to an establishment I hold dear.

"I’m happy [to see him play for Juve]. I think it’s important to look at the quality of his contribution; he brought huge improvements to the team from a technical and mental perspective.

"Serie A needs a strong leader like Juve again. Their victory in the league can only lead to more potent representation for Italy in the Champions League next season, something I am looking forward to."

The Bianconeri will make a return to Europe's elite club competition after missing out entirely on continental commitments due to an underwhelming seventh-placed finish in Serie A in 2010-11.In Singapore as Tiger Street Football 2012's ambassador.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Edgar Davids: Pirlo is key but Del Piero is irreplaceable Empty Re: Edgar Davids: Pirlo is key but Del Piero is irreplaceable

Post by davidsNC Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:16 am

:bow:
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down