Onyx
Amar
LeSwagg James
49 posters

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

FIFA 12 Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: FIFA 12 Thread

Post by Kick Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:40 am

I don't have that kind of money yet. Hoping to go far in Europa league to get some decent Cash for next season.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:07 am

Played a Div.3 match with some bloke who was using Flamengo. He was so frakkin good lol. Problem was, he scored 2 cheap goals early in the 1st half. I passed the ball to him with my GK from a goal kick(:facepalm:). 2nd goal he scored right after I kicked off without my defense settling. Laughing Well I got 2 goals right back just before the end of the 1st half. Guess what? He scored, I equalized, he scored, I equalized again. Match ended 5-4 with me scoring a 90 min equalizer. Chaka

Best match I've played in the past 1 year with anyone online.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Played a Div.3 match with some bloke who was using Flamengo. He was so frakkin good lol. Problem was, he scored 2 cheap goals early in the 1st half. I passed the ball to him with my GK from a goal kick(:facepalm:). 2nd goal he scored right after I kicked off without my defense settling. Laughing Well I got 2 goals right back just before the end of the 1st half. Guess what? He scored, I equalized, he scored, I equalized again. Match ended 5-4 with me scoring a 90 min equalizer. Chaka

managed to play to a 7-7 draw once.
Real Betis(me) vs Spartak Moscow
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:03 pm

punkfusion1992 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:Played a Div.3 match with some bloke who was using Flamengo. He was so frakkin good lol. Problem was, he scored 2 cheap goals early in the 1st half. I passed the ball to him with my GK from a goal kick(:facepalm:). 2nd goal he scored right after I kicked off without my defense settling. Laughing Well I got 2 goals right back just before the end of the 1st half. Guess what? He scored, I equalized, he scored, I equalized again. Match ended 5-4 with me scoring a 90 min equalizer. Chaka

WTF???!!! Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
punkfusion1992 wrote:

WTF???!!! Laughing

3-0 down in 15min
5-3 to me by half time
7-5 to him by 80 min
and 7-7 draw in the end

Santa Cruz and Castro hattricks, 6 assists and a goal for Montero
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:12 pm

punkfusion1992 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
punkfusion1992 wrote:

WTF???!!! Laughing

3-0 down in 15min
5-3 to me by half time
7-5 to him by 80 min
and 7-7 draw in the end

Santa Cruz and Castro hattricks, 6 assists and a goal for Montero
:bow:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Anyone else ever bought a player on career mode who's stats looked good however the player doesn't play that well?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:42 pm

mtfootball wrote:Anyone else ever bought a player on career mode who's stats looked good however the player doesn't play that well?

Happens a lot on Ultimate Team for me, not so much CM. Good example is Giroud, there's an 83 version which is amazing. And an 88 version but he doesn't seem much better at all.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:58 pm

In terms of UT they should allow you to look at all of the players stats instead of just the 6 on the card prior to buying.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:18 pm

mtfootball wrote:Anyone else ever bought a player on career mode who's stats looked good however the player doesn't play that well?

I bought Hazard for 80mil and he got an average rating of 4 lol. He sucked completely

I don't know if its just me but some players become easier to play with after a full season
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm thinking of buying an 87 rated Hazard for my Valencia team in season 4 for around 28m, however Tosic at 81 has similar dribbling/speed.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:19 am

Killing at Euro with Italy
3-5-2 FTW!
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:00 am

in my manager mode i broke the club transfer record and paid 15mil for Mohammed Fellah, his stats were great but he was terrible, especially his shooting :facepalm:
after a while i started rotating him with my backup AM and by the end of the season he was completly benched, i then sold him at the start of the next season
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:44 am

Team is officially good though Im almost bankrupt and Im repaying debt for my transfers.
Valdes, Alves, Pique, Puyol, Lahm, Busquests, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Villa, Neuer, Ramos, Abidal, Alonso, Thiago, Cesc, Silva, Torres, Sanchez
Decent side and bench
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:16 pm

Fellas i need help. I've really lost my touch. I play 4-3-3 and i like to play possession. but i've just lost it. Anybody have any ideas as to what custom 4-3-3 formation i could use and what custom tactics i should adopt?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:24 pm

The Verminator wrote:Fellas i need help. I've really lost my touch. I play 4-3-3 and i like to play possession. but i've just lost it. Anybody have any ideas as to what custom 4-3-3 formation i could use and what custom tactics i should adopt?

The same thing happened to me and i switched to a 4-2-3-1
although of you want to keep with a 4-3-3 then it depends where your struggling, if your getting caught on the counter change the CM to a DM and push the RCM and LCM a bit further up, or if you need more going forward use the 4-3-3(4) formation (its pretty much 4-2-1-3) its right toward the end of the defualt formation list, its GOAT in attack, but you are vulnerable to the counter

personaly im using the christmas tree atm, as someone who relies on pacy wingers and a good finisher its the best form because ive got Mata and Leanrdo Lima who are both uber creative behind Shane Long-the finisher-and with Andrew Driver at LM pushing up from deep and Bertrand on the overlap gives plenty of options, with 5mids you cna hold the ball efficently too, maybe give the christmas tree a shot too?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:33 pm

fatman123 wrote:
The Verminator wrote:Fellas i need help. I've really lost my touch. I play 4-3-3 and i like to play possession. but i've just lost it. Anybody have any ideas as to what custom 4-3-3 formation i could use and what custom tactics i should adopt?

The same thing happened to me and i switched to a 4-2-3-1
although of you want to keep with a 4-3-3 then it depends where your struggling, if your getting caught on the counter change the CM to a DM and push the RCM and LCM a bit further up, or if you need more going forward use the 4-3-3(4) formation (its pretty much 4-2-1-3) its right toward the end of the defualt formation list, its GOAT in attack, but you are vulnerable to the counter

personaly im using the christmas tree atm, as someone who relies on pacy wingers and a good finisher its the best form because ive got Mata and Leanrdo Lima who are both uber creative behind Shane Long-the finisher-and with Andrew Driver at LM pushing up from deep and Bertrand on the overlap gives plenty of options, with 5mids you cna hold the ball efficently too, maybe give the christmas tree a shot too?
Thanks for reply,
basically i'm playing a 4-1-2-3 not a 4-2-1-3 but i am willing to give it a shot as they're both 4-3-3's. My striker doesn't seem to get much goals and not many assists, indicating i'm not using him properly, i'm trying to use him as Arsenal use RVP. My main problem is that i build kind of slow sometimes, and when i get to their third, i run out of ideas, everyone is man marked, players make runs into areas which won't benefit me, and i just lost my creative touch. I dunno what to say, maybe i'm just not being risky enough or something. I have no doubt that it's also my fault for being so 'directionless', i kinda don't know how i should be playing. I've been just taking my time in the final third and that's probably part of the problem. Defenders crowd out the box, crossing is set to low (would like it to stay that way), so i try to find a hole but it's sooo hard.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:44 pm

I used to play pretty much exactly like you do, but its hard to do because youve got to be really good at the game to do it, and because i dont play as often as i used to i used to always find myself in the same situation as you-just passing the ball around th eedge of the oppostion of the box not really going anywhere, which is why is changed to the quick wingers counter attacking style.

when i find myself with the ball in the attacking third and not making any progress because everyones being man marked i wait for my CF to come back on side, and when hes a few paces infront of the the CB marking him i play a short pass to him (A on xbox). as the balls coming in the CB will step up to press and a pocked of space opens up behind him, if you time it right you can flick the ball into the space behind him (with that analogue stick that isnt for nornal movement) and if your CF is quick youll get to the ball first but be too far away for the goals for the GK to shootout and pressure you

i rekon you need more midfields though, i find that in any variation of 4-3-3 the wingers dont offer enough support and the fullbacks dont push up much so youve got to put together your whole build up with 3 players which makes it much harder and slows down your build up a fair bit

try a 4-2-3-1, its pretty much the same thing as 4-3-3 (so you can keep your tactics the same) but youve got more men in midfield which may help you out
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:54 pm

fatman123 wrote:I used to play pretty much exactly like you do, but its hard to do because youve got to be really good at the game to do it, and because i dont play as often as i used to i used to always find myself in the same situation as you-just passing the ball around th eedge of the oppostion of the box not really going anywhere, which is why is changed to the quick wingers counter attacking style.

when i find myself with the ball in the attacking third and not making any progress because everyones being man marked i wait for my CF to come back on side, and when hes a few paces infront of the the CB marking him i play a short pass to him (A on xbox). as the balls coming in the CB will step up to press and a pocked of space opens up behind him, if you time it right you can flick the ball into the space behind him (with that analogue stick that isnt for nornal movement) and if your CF is quick youll get to the ball first but be too far away for the goals for the GK to shootout and pressure you

i rekon you need more midfields though, i find that in any variation of 4-3-3 the wingers dont offer enough support and the fullbacks dont push up much so youve got to put together your whole build up with 3 players which makes it much harder and slows down your build up a fair bit

try a 4-2-3-1, its pretty much the same thing as 4-3-3 (so you can keep your tactics the same) but youve got more men in midfield which may help you out
Thanks for the suggestion. I know that 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 are similar, but i strictly wanna stay 4-3-3. The only thing i'll ever change it for is 4-4-2 and even then i still wanna succeed with the 4-3-3. And it's good to see that i'm not the only one having that problem around the box. but my forward isn't quick enough to do as you say.

i reckon my real problem is that i'm not fast enough in the final third, that's what i think. Just too many situations in which i'll end up passing sideways into nothing. And i dunno if bringing my wingers in will really help coz it will further crowd out the box. There has to be a solution......
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:59 pm

try getting your wingers to play a bit more central and then start to be a bit more agressive with through balls, just lob the ball over the top or through the line whenever theres a half chance
playing one-twos with a winger and your CF infront of the back four (not when the back four are on the edge of the box) and then putting a through ball over the top (LB+Y) is what ive found to be really effective
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:07 pm

fatman123 wrote:try getting your wingers to play a bit more central and then start to be a bit more agressive with through balls, just lob the ball over the top or through the line whenever theres a half chance
playing one-twos with a winger and your CF infront of the back four (not when the back four are on the edge of the box) and then putting a through ball over the top (LB+Y) is what ive found to be really effective
Yea i could use your advice really. i mean, i can't remember the last time i actually used an over the top ball. It's been ages! Could help. I'll give them a shot. Thanks!
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:24 pm

I use over the top through balls all the time. Razz

Your players make some brilliant runs sometimes and if you find them and give them the over the top pass, they get the ball in a golden position.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:27 pm

A problem i have is that while the AI makes these runs, some fo them are good, but i just don't see it. They'll make the run and i'll think to myself "why are they running there? What am i supposed to do?" And other times when i got the ball with my ST, i run towards my wingers and then then they run towards the goal, through the center. That's when i turn around and give a through ball, and then they just stop. I find that when people make runs and you have your back to them, as soon as you turn they just stop. I'd like to blame the stupid AI but i got this feeling it's got something to do with my custom tactics, where instead of playing the risky ball, i play safe.....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:16 am

If you're playing offline, turn on the "Run Frequency" slider. I have it raised quite a bit and I find it helps enormously. Players make a lot more runs and they're more intelligent runs as well. I also turn it up a bit for the CPU as well.

You can also try turning up speed and passing in your custom tactics. Personally I keep build up speed relatively low, but for Chance Creation I put the passing quite high for higher risk runs.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:32 am

Ohhhh don't wanna do that coz that's for offline only so i wanna be able to play similarly offline and online. Although if there is a slider for the computers 100% accurate crosses then i might put that down. Can't recall how many times Mertesacker's lost a header to some short striker. And no, i'm not s*** at defending headers.....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:51 am

Can't have 100% accurate crosses. That would spoil the fun. Neutral
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor