DRK
Milantildeath
Il Diavolo
Dante
BiasedMilanFan3
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Flamini set to sign new deal with AC Milan - report Empty Flamini set to sign new deal with AC Milan - report

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue May 29, 2012 3:19 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/05/29/3134453/flamini-set-to-sign-new-deal-with-ac-milan-report

Mathieu Flamini is reportedly on the verge of signing a new deal with AC Milan, casting doubt over Alberto Aquilani's future with the club.

Flamini, who will be a free agent this summer, appeared to be heading for the exit door at San Siro after publicly criticising coach Massimiliano Allegri for refusing to explain why he was being frozen out of the first team, despite having recovered from the knee injury he suffered last August.

However, it was reported earlier in May that the Rossoneri had offered Flamini a two-year contract extension. The new deal would see his current wage drop from €4.5 million per season to €2m, but, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Frenchman is willing to accept the drastic pay cut in order to remain at San Siro.

The paper also claims that should the former Arsenal midfielder commit himself until 2014, Milan will allow Aquilani to return to Liverpool.

The Italian spent the season on loan with the Rossoneri but his campaign was interrupted by injuries and he was restricted to just 23 appearances in Serie A. Aquilani still has two years to run on his existing contract with Liverpool.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Flamini set to sign new deal with AC Milan - report Empty Re: Flamini set to sign new deal with AC Milan - report

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue May 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Thoughts?

I honestly thought he had bags packed already. He could still leave but if he's willing to take paycut from 4.5m to 2m... Alright then.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Flamini set to sign new deal with AC Milan - report Empty Re: Flamini set to sign new deal with AC Milan - report

Post by Dante Tue May 29, 2012 3:55 pm

I am glad if Flamini indeed decided to stay and in the mean time , i so feel for him. We took him from Arsenal where he was really important , for what ?

First , it was Ancelloti who farted all over him in his 1st season with us , then Leonardo deceived him for Gattuso all the time , now Allegri even though he likes his characteristics , doesn't trust him so much ..

Flamini hasn't played a full season for years , yet , i still think he has it in him . He just needs the coach's trust and he will be really solid for us . Put him alonsgide a technical midfielder like , i don't know , Ganso-Montolivo someone and you ll see the real Flamini.

Like when he was the partner in crime with Fabregas at Arsenal . They had a telepathic understanding between them on the field. Now , he's twice the player he was then , he just needs that player who can complement him and vice versa on the pitch.

I feel we have robbed Flamini of some good years of his career and he has only been loyal and passionate for the Rossoneri. Allegri must give him a good chance next season to prove why when we signed him everyone was enthused .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Tue May 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Dante wrote:I am glad if Flamini indeed decided to stay and in the mean time , i so feel for him. We took him from Arsenal where he was really important , for what ?

First , it was Ancelloti who farted all over him in his 1st season with us , then Leonardo deceived him for Gattuso all the time , now Allegri even though he likes his characteristics , doesn't trust him so much ..

Flamini hasn't played a full season for years , yet , i still think he has it in him . He just needs the coach's trust and he will be really solid for us . Put him alonsgide a technical midfielder like , i don't know , Ganso-Montolivo someone and you ll see the real Flamini.

Like when he was the partner in crime with Fabregas at Arsenal . They had a telepathic understanding between them on the field. Now , he's twice the player he was then , he just needs that player who can complement him and vice versa on the pitch.

I feel we have robbed Flamini of some good years of his career and he has only been loyal and passionate for the Rossoneri. Allegri must give him a good chance next season to prove why when we signed him everyone was enthused .

I fully agree with you. I have always had faith in Flamini and still believe he can contribute alot to the team, but I don't know why our coaches never seem to trust him! Even recently, a few weeks ago, I read an interview of him where he said that he is fully fit and has no idea why the coach (Allegri) is not calling him up. Seriously, he is a million times better than Muntari. Sometimes, what these coaches do is just mind boggling!
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue May 29, 2012 7:23 pm

I love his determination
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Tue May 29, 2012 7:30 pm

I was hoping he would stay with us. He had a good first year under Allegri, cut down on yellow and red cards he had under Leonardo and scored a couple goals. I was impressed with him.
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed May 30, 2012 5:35 am

Ruined him.tbh. he cannot. Get on the French squad over players like Diaby and lass... n for what? sitting on the bench for position you don't even wasn't to play in? Of he had any ounce of brain ... he would move to a league 1 club.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote: Ruined him.tbh. he cannot. Get on the French squad over players like Diaby and lass... n for what? sitting on the bench for position you don't even wasn't to play in? Of he had any ounce of brain ... he would move to a league 1 club.

Well , it's true the last 3 coaches could & should have played him a lot more.. but , it's not easy to succeed in Milan either .

Milan didn't ruin him . If he was 'finished' , Allegri would show him the door the next day , he did that with way more famous players .

Or , you are just a bit buttheart still ,because Flamini left Arsenal for Milan when you needed him hmm
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 30, 2012 4:51 pm

Why you renew him if he never plays?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed May 30, 2012 4:55 pm

free_cat wrote:Why you renew him if he never plays?

So he doesnt play again Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Thu May 31, 2012 5:39 am

He got his chances and never proved himself. He is hard workin but not very intelligent.Honestly id rather see him sold.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 31, 2012 11:02 am

free_cat wrote:Why you renew him if he never plays?

He wasn't even match fit , put aside on form to bench others. He did play close to the end though , he even scored . He played many matches last season by the way.

and Milan renew him because he's a DM , obviously Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu May 31, 2012 12:32 pm

MAiul s t e r i t y.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:59 pm

What do you think will happen with Flamini ? It's been over a month now and nothing official about his future..

However , there were some reports last week about him rejecting the new contract Galliani has offered him. As reported , he doesn't accept less than 2.5m per season.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:17 pm

The latest I heard was that we'd offered 1.8m which he'd rejected. Personally I'm fine with seeing him depart. I'd have been content seeing him stay for depth should another midfielder have arrived as well, however if it's between Flamini and Aquilani or a new purchase, then thanks for your efforts even though it didn't work out and good luck elsewhere.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:31 pm

I have mixed thoughts about Flamini these days.
I would be ok with him leaving if we went for Aquilani , ok , but there are no assurances this will happen . We ve had our chance and it was a good one.

For another midfielder, things are even more blur , how much would Milan be willing to spend is a real mystery .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Congratulations Milan fans. I think he will be better than a very VERY old Seedorf

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:16 pm

seedorf was our best CM tbh
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:03 pm

Ofcourse but he is old & in his last legs.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:45 pm

So Flamini is officialy out .

Frankly , i am dissapointed. He was unlucky in Milan . He could have done so much more , though some certain coaches did their part to prevent it..

I remember how happy i was when he signed . I believed he would be very important for us , but i couldn't be more wrong as it turned out. Flamini isn't a bad player , not even mediocre. Just thinks didn't work out for him in Milan.

I would honestly like to wish him the best from now on. I hope he finds a club that will make him be important once again. Just not in Italy. I would like to see him at PSG , would be nice for Flamini , or a club in England perhaps Arsenal again. All the best Flamini .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by celikmilan Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:55 pm

I am not very sorry that he'll leave. Like you said he is a good player but he just didnt show that in Milan. He didnt even had much room to show all his abilities and that injury was really bad and unfortunate. I am glad for him that he is feeling better now and also that he scored in his last game for us just like Pippo did. Good luck.
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:20 pm

celikmilan wrote:I am not very sorry that he'll leave. Like you said he is a good player but he just didnt show that in Milan. He didnt even had much room to show all his abilities and that injury was really bad and unfortunate. I am glad for him that he is feeling better now and also that he scored in his last game for us just like Pippo did. Good luck.

Yeah , he didn't really show too much . But i believe this was mostly down to Ancelotti. He could have made Flamini important instead of playing Bechkam and Emerson and Brocchi all the time. Since then , Flamini was always waiting for his chance and i am sure this had an impact on him .

With Leonardo , he played a lot in the beginnings , but dissapeared again , because Leonardo preffered Gattuso and Ambrosini all the time. Understandable , but Flamini could have played a lot more that season , especialy when Rinno and Ambro were exhausted. That never happened as well.

What i really wanted to see and i never had the chance , is Flamini - Gourcuff in the middle.. But Ancelotti made sure this wouldn't happen , by rejecting both these players for deadwaste Emerson , Ba , Bechkam or Brocchi..

But anyway .That's the past , now Traore and Konstant will make me forget :facepalm:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Flamini has now called Galliani and told him he wants to sign now, lets see what happens. I want him out, just if we get someone better.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:53 pm

i always believed in flamini but since he doesnt get chance from allegri at all he should move on.

i dont get it. allegri seems to prefer players with physical power, and workrate rather than players like technique, creativity and vision. and atm we have too much physical players, and just 1 player who is a playmaker that is montolivo and he aint pirlo.

i can already predict that if milan dont get a technical midfielder, milan will have same issues as last season. they will continue to create nothing from middle and will be all physical and composed of workrate and power only and playing with no brain and will be heeavily reliant upfront with guys like zlatan and cassano that means should the opponent really mark them, thats it, rest assured our team wont be creating anything dangerous.

its getting too obvious and thats ridiculous, and if our management dont get technical player, i would be thinking that they have horribly failed check and recheck areas that we are weak at....

i would have rather loved to see players playing their their natural talent of creativity and technique visions, players who plays with brain and can think ahead of opponents than having bunch of guys who solely relies their game on workrate and power. i simply had enough of seeing this for past two seasons. juve have been so effective in midfield because our management were total failures and stupid to gift them such a visionary player in pirlo something we are lacking in our midfield in big games....

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:41 am

if any of you watched Flamini play football from 2006-2008, you would rape your screen...

sigh... How the mighty have fallen, why didn't he light up MIlan?
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next