Chelsea and Spurs should play off over two legs - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Chelsea and Spurs should play off over two legs

+25
gunner1987
halamadrid2
Zealous
lszanto
Onyx
RED
la bestia negra
Swanhends
izzy
the xcx
Lord Awesome
EarlyPrototype
S
urbaNRoots
Doc
Raptorgunner
che
Lex
buddytaller
Great Leader Sprucenuce
FalcaoPunch
Gil
Blue Barrett
Mr Nick09
animal.crackers
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Chelsea and Spurs should play off over two legs - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea and Spurs should play off over two legs

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Btw why's no one crying about how Chelsea and Spurs ruined Swansea's chance of playing in the EL next year. Rolling Eyes

What you talking about?

IIRC the team that finishes on top of the fair play table gets automatically an Europa League spot. I guess Spurs should play a two-legged match with that team aswell Very Happy

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Chelsea and Spurs should play off over two legs - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea and Spurs should play off over two legs

Post by lszanto Mon May 21, 2012 7:34 pm

I 100% believe if we did not have the crazy schedule we've had over the past few months we'd be in 4th spot. Spurs haven't earnt the right to playoff against us but we would have had a higher league place if sacrifices were not made for the CL.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 21, 2012 7:40 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Btw why's no one crying about how Chelsea and Spurs ruined Swansea's chance of playing in the EL next year. Rolling Eyes

What you talking about?

IIRC the team that finishes on top of the fair play table gets automatically an Europa League spot. I guess Spurs should play a two-legged match with that team aswell Very Happy

Not true.... the automatically go into a random draw with other teams from other country's and a selection of country's are chosen and England was'nt chosen this year.

So Swansea didnt get a spot, it has nothing to do with any other teams.

Plus iam pretty certain Swansea cant get a spot due to being under the Welsh FA.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 21, 2012 7:44 pm

lszanto wrote:I 100% believe if we did not have the crazy schedule we've had over the past few months we'd be in 4th spot. Spurs haven't earnt the right to playoff against us but we would have had a higher league place if sacrifices were not made for the CL.

there are no "ifs" here, you are either in the top 4, or you arent. In this case, Spurs have rightfully earned their way to a CL spot, but will be kicked aside for you. It's in the rulebook i know, but there is nothing fair about that rule.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon May 21, 2012 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 21, 2012 7:50 pm

It wouldn't be unfair but at the same time it would be silly if the Champions League champions can't even qualify to next year's tournament lol

Maybe have a play off with Arsenal? hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Chelsea and Spurs should play off over two legs - Page 3 5RNp5

Spurs fans :facepalm:

In anycase 4th doesnt qualify for the CL it gives you the opportunity to qualify and i personally believe a winner should take precedent over that....

The only reason Nick is complaining is because he likes Spurs and dont want to see them broken up and all their transfer plans ruined Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Mon May 21, 2012 8:17 pm

"Defend their trophy"...What other competitions do this?
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 21, 2012 8:23 pm

Europa League have that as well, where the winner gets an automatic place in the next years cup

i personally dont like it because that would mean teams can just not think about the league and try to win CL/EL games by all means even if that means doing black magic like Chelsea did... it does create an advantage to this said team both in Europe and in the league

And before someone tells me they might not win it, i know but the finalists of this years EL/CL were far off first place/CL place it was unbelievable only Pathetico were in it till the last matchday, the rest were out of it before the Quarters ffs lol, they have alot more time to prepare and rest their players etc, i just dont like this new rule end off
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon May 21, 2012 11:10 pm

When Jupp Hynckes won the Champions league for Madrid in 1998 Madrid finished 4th and qualified as holders ahead of La Real.

When Vincente Del Bosque won the Champions league for the first time, Real Madrid finished 5th in la liga and qualified as holders ahead of Real Zaragoza.

What has happened to Tottenham is nothing new, they knew the rules and the choked massively, they deserve everything they get.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 21, 2012 11:44 pm

animal.crackers wrote:What other competitions do this?
What other competition is as prestigious, glorious and sought after as the champions league?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Mon May 21, 2012 11:46 pm

Lex wrote:
animal.crackers wrote:What other competitions do this?
What other competition is as prestigious, glorious and sought after as the champions league?

I guess maybe he means American sports? There is no automatic qualifying for the playoffs the next season (I guess playoffs would be the comparable stage to CL group stages??).

While it doesn't happen often... it can and does happen where the team that won the championship the year before doesn't qualify for the playoffs

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 21, 2012 11:47 pm

World Cup?

But you have to play qualifiers even if you are the champ hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon May 21, 2012 11:49 pm

Same rule applied in the WC until France epic fail at the 2002 WC.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 21, 2012 11:51 pm

True.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue May 22, 2012 3:15 am

ColoJunior wrote:Ummmm nahhhh
Chelsea won the CL. The rules are rules.

Please , rules are rules , really ?

Of course when it adavantages you .. no problem

This rule is obsolete

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 22, 2012 3:47 am

I agree.

Finish fourth, while Chelsea are terrible in PL and finish 6th, yet they get CL. I feel deceived. Why do champions have to re qualify for WC and Euros...yet not in the CL?

I'd like to see this- Spurs would destroy them Razz
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 22, 2012 6:04 am

CBarca wrote:I agree.

Finish fourth, while Chelsea are terrible in PL and finish 6th, yet they get CL. I feel deceived. Why do champions have to re qualify for WC and Euros...yet not in the CL?

I'd like to see this- Spurs would destroy them Razz
Yeah, the same way Barca and Bayern were supposed to destroy us?

I seem to remember a certain 5-1 trashing in the FA Cup we gave to spuds. Rolling Eyes
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanco Tue May 22, 2012 8:52 am

Spurs have only themselves to blame after goofing up in the final stretch. They could still have made it through had they beaten Villa in the penultimate week. They knew what was coming.

Chelsea pretty much deserve the spot.
Blanco
Blanco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 22, 2012 8:59 am

World Cup and the Euros are not every single year, that's why they have qualifiers for Champions - the champion team can completely change after 4 years.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Tue May 22, 2012 9:38 am

A girl smoking a fagg is really not hot.

Just saying Smile.

And I smoke faggs.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue May 22, 2012 10:13 am

Yes and Man city and United should play off over two legs for the EPL.

Rolling Eyes
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3