The Official Sergio Aguero Appreciation Thread - Page 8 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The Official Sergio Aguero Appreciation Thread

+74
guest7
boyzis
danyjr
Casciavit
Firenze
Valkyrja
titosantill
chemicalboy99
breva
Doc
Turok_TTZ
Lord Awesome
Hapless_Hans
Harmonica
Jay29
DeletedUser#1
Unique
Perucho21
Glory
matpol
Thimmy
Myesyats
El Gunner
B-Mac
Art Morte
gianluca1193
Tomwin Lannister
dostoevsky
chad4401
Curtinho
LeBéninois
RED
Bankz
RealGunner
Yeezus
Zero
Winter is Coming
El Chelsea Fuerte
futbol
nasir6371
windkick
Kick
CBarca
Khaled
Donuts
urbaNRoots
Red Alert
animal.crackers
ExtremistEnigma
Kaladin
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
M99
Mr Nick09
LeVersacci
BarcaLearning
alexjanosik
Jack Daniels
Great Leader Sprucenuce
arabprince
Neutral
Lord Hades
Zealous
Albiceleste
Freeza
Ganso
Milan31
shamr9pato
shinigami99
Adit
Gil
Rebaño Sagrado
vivabarca38
Onyx
78 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Official Sergio Aguero Appreciation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Sergio Aguero Appreciation Thread

Post by futbol Wed May 04, 2016 9:11 pm

Lord Awesome wrote:So his time in La Liga doesn't count? hmm

For arguments sake, let's just pretend he never played in La Liga. Small technicalities like that and his record against Barca shouldn't divert our attentions. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Sergio Aguero Appreciation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Sergio Aguero Appreciation Thread

Post by Art Morte Wed May 04, 2016 9:42 pm

Without Yaya and Silva this City team is devoid of creativity. Aguero rarely creates his own chances, he scores those that others create. City created nothing in these two matches against Real.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 04, 2016 9:43 pm

He really needs to get out of City. He's wasted enough of his career there.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 04, 2016 9:44 pm

He makes Ibra look like Michael Jordan on the playoffs in CL. Massive CL flop.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed May 04, 2016 9:54 pm

His team don't help him any, they had like 10 guys running around trying to figure out how to get the ball while he was like standing by himself in the front waiting for something to work with. When he did, he had like 2-3 guys around ready to mark him out. Not sure if brilliant defending from Madrid or City just suck...or both lol.

He was also recovering from injury in the games before the Madrid game. Either way, I agree he blew it this campaign but it's a team sport; I don't get the need to start these threads singling out players after every single match on this forums.

Only reason I stick around is because I'm too lazy to look for another forum
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 04, 2016 9:58 pm

windkick wrote:His team don't help him any, they had like 10 guys running around trying to figure out how to get the ball while he was like standing by himself in the front waiting for something to work with. When he did, he had like 2-3 guys around ready to mark him out. Not sure if brilliant defending from Madrid or City just suck...or both lol.

He was also recovering from injury in the games before the Madrid game. Either way, I agree he blew it this campaign but it's a team sport; I don't get the need to start these threads singling out players after every single match on this forums.

The world cup and copa america says Aguero is a scrub on a level lower than Higuain. and I think it is insulting to even mention Aguero in the same sentence as Higuain. Higuain has his moments... where is Aguero's?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 04, 2016 9:59 pm

Aguero had plenty of moments in the qualifiers, the problem is that neither him nor Higuain were fit at the WC and lately it seems that he can't play 3 consecutive months without getting injured again.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 04, 2016 10:00 pm

Like the potato at the other end of their team, he's far too injury prone to ever rely on regardless of how well he's playing.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed May 04, 2016 10:03 pm

Pepe has been owning him for 45567654 time now.

Best player in the league indeed.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 04, 2016 10:03 pm

windkick wrote:His team don't help him any, they had like 10 guys running around trying to figure out how to get the ball while he was like standing by himself in the front waiting for something to work with. When he did, he had like 2-3 guys around ready to mark him out. Not sure if brilliant defending from Madrid or City just suck...or both lol.

TBF I explicitly did NOT start a new thread instead decided to post in the existing one.

And it is more than fair game IMO, Aguero has always been automatically included as a top 3 striker etc pp.

Only natural we'd SLOWLY start questioning his class when it turns out he never shows anything at top level.

Let's see how he fares under Pep.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed May 04, 2016 10:37 pm

My point was mainly at the knee jerking people do on these forums after every single match. Pretty ridiculous, like the attention of 10 year olds with zero logic

As far as Aguero I agree he didn't step up but I don't agree it's all on him when his entire team just sucks and lack that cohesive unity and team work to go along with strong tactical regiment behind them to beat any tops teams. So to jump up and be like, Aguero is over rated or sucks right after his whole team blew it over 2 legs is pretty silly...but hey that's jut me. It just reeks of the quality of conversations/threads around here
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 04, 2016 10:40 pm

Knee jerking is what keeps the forum active to be honest. Also sparks debates of all sorts, sometimes cancer, sometimes legit but debates nonetheless. One just needs to take it in stride.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 04, 2016 10:41 pm

Hapless Hans wrote:TBF I explicitly did NOT start a new thread instead decided to post in the existing one.

And it is more than fair game IMO, Aguero has always been automatically included as a top 3 striker etc pp.

Only natural we'd SLOWLY start questioning his class when it turns out he never shows anything at top level.

Let's see how he fares under Pep.

Yeah but it's the very fact that this has been bumped that's annoying

Anyone with two eyes and something that resembles a brain can see that over 180 minutes City did jack for Aguero and we all know that he's not a player that is going to pick the ball up 10 yards outside the box and create something for himself. He's fantastic inside the box and very good just outside of it, but he needs to get the ball in those areas if people want to see anything from him.

Not to mention, with the way Madrid defend or really any team that is in a CL semifinal, you need runners in and around the box moving or at least getting in the box to create space for Aguero--where was that? It doesn't exist.

And there is nothing SLOW about this questioning--it's typical GL knee jerk.

I would have said the same thing in the Muller thread (really, what did we expect from him? He wasn't great but he did what he could and unlike City players, at least Muller was keeping the defense occupied and moving around to create space for Lewandowski), the only thing is that the Muller hype before the game and calls for him to start, and then to have him miss a crucial PK and not really play all that well made it fairly justified, and mostly humorous. Obviously, he's still a fantastic player.

This is just annoying and I share windkick's sentiment on that.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 04, 2016 10:55 pm

There's nothing wrong with these knee jerk reactions, imo. If we discussed every player, manager and event just in general threads, like the match thread, they wouldn't get half the attention they get in their own threads. It's better to spread out the conversation than drown it all in one or two threads.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Discussion is fine

There is a difference between seeing Aguero's CL performance today, going "Aguero sucks CL flop gg no re" and actually talking about his performance within the game and having a discussion about it, though. Most comments fall into the former, not the latter.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed May 04, 2016 11:08 pm

I've never heard anyone mention Aguero as a top striker except compared to strikers in the EPL.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 04, 2016 11:13 pm

breva wrote:I've never heard anyone mention Aguero as a top striker except compared to strikers in the EPL.

He's been called the best striker in the world a lot on here. Some years ago though. He was amazing in City's first league victory.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 04, 2016 11:14 pm

The only reason Aguero isn't regarded as a top 3 striker is because he's injured so much. Give him a consistent season, I have no reason to believe he isn't up there with Suarez, Ibra, Benzema, Higuain, Kane etc

Hell, he's still regarded around there despite his injury record Laughing his goal/minute ratio in the EPL this season is as ridiculous as ever
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 04, 2016 11:38 pm

he has 101 goals in 148 games for city. yeah he is a scrub :facepalm:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu May 05, 2016 12:45 am

I guess it may depend on who is considered a striker.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 05, 2016 1:20 am

breva wrote:I guess it may depend on who is considered a striker.
how many strikers in the world better that record.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 05, 2016 1:43 am

Unique wrote:he has 101 goals in 148 games for city. yeah he is a scrub :facepalm:

Mule League-adjusted that would equal about ... hmm ... let me think. I think 40 La Liga goals in 148 games. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 05, 2016 2:20 am

futbol wrote:
Unique wrote:he has 101 goals in 148 games for city. yeah he is a scrub :facepalm:

Mule League-adjusted that would equal about ... hmm ... let me think. I think 40 La Liga goals in 148 games. hmm
should we also do a mule league adjusted for the goal return of Ronaldo and suarez since they left England. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Misses 2 penalties. scores a hattrick

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:Misses 2 penalties. scores a hattrick

Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:36 pm

The Official Sergio Aguero Appreciation Thread - Page 8 CqagJa-WYAA2NjI
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next