Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 42 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

+34
Helmer
iftikhar
poolsupporter
Emaharg
CBarca
ErPupone
edulfc
Ganso
Motogp69
mr-r34
S
RealGunner
Forza
Arquitecto
fatman123
TheRedStag
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
7amood11
stevieg8
The Sanchez
Cotes
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
Art Morte
Kick
Red Alert
donttreadonred
Onyx
McAgger
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Fahim89
38 posters

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 42 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:57 pm

Deluded fans are gonna be deluded. See you when we are chasing the game and our attack option on the bench is joe cole.

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 42 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by poolsupporter Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:01 am

I seriously thought we'd be seeing a new striker tonight. Oh well....
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:08 am

I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise with Yesil.

While YouTube isn't exactly ideal I saw enough to know hes in the mould of exactly the player needed, not much professional experience but has the qualities to complement Suarez and. Borini well.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:29 am

:facepalm: and to think I was just so excited about this season thinking at least one more name was coming in...
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:53 am

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Why get rid of AC before you get a replacement in?

Suarez and Borini (who's playing as a wide-forward) are our only two strikers at the club now. Stupid.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:08 am

Wasn't everyone so excited about Pacheco in preseason (or at least Sepi was, I know... "Better than Adam Johnson")? Now he gets the chance to prove himself! Rejoice!
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:26 am

Pacheco doesn't even get games in the reserves anymore lol

Step up Assaidi and Yesil. Liverpool's saviours. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:50 am

Suarez, Borini, Sterling, Downing, Yesil, Assaidi, Morgan, Pacheco, Cole, Suso and Gerrard should cut it until January for 3 attacking spots.

Why is everyone mad??? Weren't we jumping on Comolli's throat for panic buying Carroll in the last minutes of the transfer window???

Also Eccleston is GONE cheers

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:56 am

I like your enthusiasm AggerSwagger but it IS worrying.

Sterling, Yesi, Morgan, Pacheco and Suso are all young. As is Borini.
Downing is almost as useful as Cole.
Assaidi could still be hit or miss.

Suarez and Gerrard in the front 3 is a must, but Gerrard is starting to catch up with his age and Suarez hasn't really been scoring.

Still confident we'll finish 5th. We're going to need to sign a forward in January. Lucas Barrios please.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:21 am

Pukki please in January :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:00 am

Well i would just state that our manager himself clearly stated that he would need 3 strikers or else he would be a nutcase till now he didn't seem like one, so i guess another goalscorer was a necessity by him also.

Btw our net spending this window was around 17m pounds. . . & we saved around 10-15m pounds in wages/year ! ! ! cheers

Now let us make hospitality boxes & lounges with that! OOO O O O business is good! ! cheers

:facepalm: :brickwall: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 42 2276801876
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:02 am

Can always pick up someone in January........

Personally don't rate Pacheco but he'll get a shot as well as Yesil.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:15 am

Why would it be so hard to replace Carroll? He scored just 4 goals for us last season and that too in a system suited to him.I am 100% Yesil would score similar amount of goals if not more if given the same amount time as Carrol.

Yes not buying a forward is disappointing (and Dempsey is not one imo).But sending Carroll on loan is not a mistake.We dont have have CL finances to keep a 35 forward earning 80 k wages on the bench.

If Sterling can replace Downing i see no reason to believe Yesil cant replace Carroll in Rodger's system.

Also as AggerSwagger has said no point in panic buying.Just look at the difference btw newcastle and Liverpool on how both spent Torres and Carroll money.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:37 am

I think the best news in this window is that we've kept Agger!!! We need to tie him down to a longer contract like we did Skrtel. The interest from clubs will only increase for our two gladiators as they'll only be getting better from here!!!
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:02 am

It's much more looking at "4 goals in X appereances" BG.

Andy finally looked like the player we signed him for. (Not for the fee but why we were interested.)

He was finally motivated and ready to play and actually got himself in dangerous positions for the first time in a while.

We only had 3 strikers and now we have 2... in Suarez and Borini.

Yesil, Morgan and to an extent Pacheco may all step up but we don't know if they can handle it. Whilst Borini is young like the others, none of the others have the experience (god I hate this word) to play in a dominant league. By dominant league, I mean not in the reserves.

Saying that, I wouldn't have minded if Carroll was sold - but we really SHOULD of signed another striker either on loan or permanently.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:48 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Suarez, Borini, Sterling, Downing, Yesil, Assaidi, Morgan, Pacheco, Cole, Suso and Gerrard should cut it until January for 3 attacking spots.

Why is everyone mad??? Weren't we jumping on Comolli's throat for panic buying Carroll in the last minutes of the transfer window???

Also Eccleston is GONE cheers

Only 2 proven players in that list is suarez and gerrard. Gerrard has been hit and miss with his form in games, and suarez needs 6 chances before he scores. I don't think unless a youngster can prove us wrong we wont be happy for the next 6 months.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:53 am

Michael Owen was barely 18 when he scored 23 goals for us in all competitions :bow: That's the only thing that's keeping me optimistic about our striking chances. One of Borini, Yesil, Morgan, or Pacheco can blow up this season you never know!!! There's just too much talent for them not to take this opportunity with both hands.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:12 am

Is there going to be money in January? It's just 4 months away and we obviously didn't have anything left now.

I don't really believe that youngsters like Yesil, Sterling and Morgan can be the difference in deciding a top-4 finish. Sure they can perform OK and we can be happy with them, but hard to think any of them would be top-4 material yet.

One can hope that Borini, Pacheco and Assaidi have good seasons, but they're not proven in any way either; could be that Joe Cole is actually better than them. We'll see.

But anyway, I'm only slightly disappointed with this situation. If Carroll was still there I'd be just fine, actually. Last season I expected a top-4 finish, this season it would be a great surprise. In the end I just want to see Liverpool play and the medium-term future still looks somewhat bright with our young squad and hopefully improved finances after this wage bill cutting.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:55 am

To be fair art, everybody you mentioned (likes of Yesil, Sterling, Morgan etc) all fit the style better than Carroll.

We shouldn't expect getting back into the four, but we should fight to get closer to the four than last year. Honestly think we'll finish 5th this season.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:17 am

ynwa wrote:To be fair art, everybody you mentioned (likes of Yesil, Sterling, Morgan etc) all fit the style better than Carroll.

Sure they fit Rodgers's style better, but I'm far from convinced that one style of play can produce results in all of our games.

And, you know, let's say we're trailing with 30 minutes to go. Usually the team in the lead starts defending a bit deeper, so it will be more difficult to cut their defence open with short passes and quick runs; they've just got too many men back there. That's when you start putting crosses in and Andy would have been perfect for that, giving the opposition something to worry about in the air. With our current players we'll probably be lucky to score three headed goals from open play this season and lack of such threat makes it easier to defend against us - especially if our opponents don't have to do much else than defend.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:57 am

Art, like BR said, we were just not in a position where we could have a 35million bench warmer for plan B. Everything you say makes sense, but having Carroll on the bench and playing him only for plan B would just decrease his value. At this point I believe our management took the best possible route available. BR didn't have Andy in his plans, so instead of cutting our losses and selling for dirt cheap we send him on loan to someone who pays his full wages. There's a huge chance he does well at West Ham and comes back with a higher price tag on his head.

I just hope everyone does understand that Carroll is gone for good. He'll be sold next summer no matter what. BR just doesn't see him in his system!!! Let's hope he does well and we can get good money for him next summer!!!
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:17 pm

I guess some of the fans just can't get this window out of their system . . scratch

Now linking Del Piero with LFC! ! confused
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:01 am

He'll go to Sydney FC.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:59 am

ynwa wrote:He'll go to Sydney FC.

That's what is seems . . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:47 am

James Pearce‏@JamesPearceEcho

#LFC insist talk that they have made an approach to Del Piero is "nonsense".
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:23 am

Liverpool plan swoop for young German keeper Marc-Ander ter Stegen

:brickwall:
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next