DeviAngel
Juveman17
Tomwin Lannister
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Opinion on.... Matri Empty Opinion on.... Matri

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:31 pm

I would just like to know how people feel about Matri now we are near the end of the season. Today was his chance to get himself back into the first team again (obviously he's suspended for the next game) but he never looked dangerous at all. Yes he is off form but personally I think he can either be benched next season or be sold.

He's not imposing enough in the air to be considered a real target man, infact today he was easily beaten by Cesena's unspectacular defence. His passing often lets him down and his touch isn't anything special. On top of that he really can't take his man on as he is not particularly fast nor can he dribble well.

Matri is not the man we can rely on to get us a consistent stream of goals.

Opinions?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Opinion on.... Matri Empty Re: Opinion on.... Matri

Post by Juveman17 Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Agree matri is either bench material/rotation or sold next season. Most likely the first option will occur.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:34 pm

He is off form he is rotation material for sure and Conte knows it
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:38 pm

I've said it in multiple threads, a proven or very, very promising CF (similar to the ones we chased the last few transfer windows) should be our first priority. Matri is a good striker, but not great. He is a good substitute for team top tier team or a starter for a middle of the table team. The same goes for Quags at this point in his career.

I'm fine with Vucinic as our first SS next season, but we will need a good substitute for him too.

If we are able to sign a great CF and also bring on a good veteran CF like Drogba, we should look to sell/loan Matri.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:38 pm

You're right Devi, he is similar to Falcao. Especially with his runs. I think Falcao is an upgraded version of Matri who can control the ball and finish his chances. Also, much better in the air.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:40 pm

I don't want to keep attacking Matri because I hoped that he would break out this season, but 10 goals in a season where we have dominated possession and shots on goal is inexcusable as our number one CF.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Yes it's simply not good enough. He's not finishing clear-cut chances nevermind the half chances. He can't control the ball well enough in high pressure situations. At least not often enough.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:43 pm

It's just not acceptable for next season in UCL for a top three team from one of the top league's in Europe. It's time to bring home a world class striker.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Good for depth... looks like a mid-table team striker. Him and quags for depth.
Definitely not top club material...and not a starter for us next year.
I predict he will leave next winter..or in the summer of 2013...because of bench-warmer status.

jovetic and vucinic could help him score some goals next year...against the likes of lecce, novara..or whatever comes from serie B.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:48 pm

He is off form on the other hand Vucinic has 5 assists in the last 2 games lol what a beast Smile ( no jinx pls god no )
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:54 pm

not a starter for a good club or national team. a decent sub for a top team, not sub worthy for a top national team.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:57 pm

But a Matri off form is really, really bad and unacceptable for next season. A Matri in-form is still not that great for a top level team. Plus, he's been in bad form for way too long. I just feel like as our number one striker, he doesn't even come close to the top strikers for the other top Serie A teams.

Can you imagine how good we would have been this season with our style of play, possession, and shots if we had the forwards of some of the other top teams in Serie A, EPL, and La Liga?
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:00 pm

matri on form: invisible for 80 minute...scores 1, maybe lucky 2, and misses 1. edit: or just one assist tongue

matri off-form: what? matri played? :vagi:
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Disappointed to sum his season up in one word.
Has came up big in some games, (AC Milan) but disappeared in many.

He lacks the attributes to be a successful loan striker and I truthfully do not think he is fully capable of playing football in Conte's system. I liken his situation to Krasic, as Matri was also flying high under Del Neri. Credit to Matri for fighting more than Milos but you get the idea.

If a striker had to be dropped for a better/bigger named one it would be Boriello or Matri, or both.

Don't touch Fabio :vagi:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:38 pm

@Zarola: Are you officially a juve fan lool...?
@Adrian:HAHA exactly what i feel like.. i dont think i saw him touch the ball today.. Razz

salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:38 pm

Well said, Luca. I love Quags as our second choice CF.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:10 am

Luca wrote:Disappointed to sum his season up in one word.
Has came up big in some games, (AC Milan) but disappeared in many.

He lacks the attributes to be a successful loan striker and I truthfully do not think he is fully capable of playing football in Conte's system. I liken his situation to Krasic, as Matri was also flying high under Del Neri. Credit to Matri for fighting more than Milos but you get the idea.

If a striker had to be dropped for a better/bigger named one it would be Boriello or Matri, or both.

Don't touch Fabio Opinion on.... Matri 3732984984
100% agree. at least fabio contributes to attacks. he creates space so other attackers can get to goal. really different situation than matri, matri shines in one match and in the second match when someone marks him poof he's gone. anyway regarding our current situation and probable departure of delpiero we may have to keep him at least as the 3rd option. boriello can also stay but not for more than 4m (his wage should be considered as well)
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:38 am

He simply cannot be our first choice ST next season, especially in Europe. I feel like he limits himself and is inconsistent.

We could use him next year to play Serie A games, but def need a better ST for big games.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventrini Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:01 am

im even doubtin whether matri is even good enough for rotation/sub role...i like ppl to come off the bench that can have an impact and im afraid matri will treat us to the same even if he is deputy to a top cf next season...im cool with quags though!

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:46 am

No no no no.

Matri is in fact a striker with tremendous ability in the air, both feet, ball control, intelligence, shooting and even passing. His problem is that you cannot expect him to replicate such form and consistency week in week out. Its usually the case for players who were loaned a bit to much early within there career, and did not have one team to settle and develop within. It essentially disbalance their mentality and ability for sheer consistency.

Matri is in fact all of those traits named above and is in fact a big game player as evidenced in Juve and Cagliari where he was immense for his team there.

Its just he cannot shoulder the weight of Juve's games on himself unless maybe a SS like Suarez, Giovinco, Muniain is alongside him. Even then, I wouldn't expect the week in week out consistency as he is known be discouraged after a poor performance.

He must be kept as a sub and occasional starter though.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:19 am

I want Matri to stay and I am sure he will repay the faith outside the box he is not shiny but inside he is deadly
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Arquitecto wrote:No no no no.

Matri is in fact a striker with tremendous ability in the air, both feet, ball control, intelligence, shooting and even passing. His problem is that you cannot expect him to replicate such form and consistency week in week out. Its usually the case for players who were loaned a bit to much early within there career, and did not have one team to settle and develop within. It essentially disbalance their mentality and ability for sheer consistency.

Matri is in fact all of those traits named above and is in fact a big game player as evidenced in Juve and Cagliari where he was immense for his team there.

Its just he cannot shoulder the weight of Juve's games on himself unless maybe a SS like Suarez, Giovinco, Muniain is alongside him. Even then, I wouldn't expect the week in week out consistency as he is known be discouraged after a poor performance.

Are you kidding me? Do you watch Juve's games? Matri is a mid-table team's first choice striker. He should not be the top choice for a team like Juve. He has a pretty damn good SS in Vucinic who is near the top of the league in assists. And he is surrounded by a lineup that dominates in possession and shots on goal. To claim he has no support cast makes no sense.

Matri is a second rate striker on a first rate team this season. He'll be 28 next season. We've all been waiting too long for him to break out, but it may not happen and the stakes are too high next season to rely upon him.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:58 pm

I'm sorry but you're overrating him bro. He has no tremendous ability in the air, he's a good finisher who offers little else. If you're only going to be a finisher you need to make sure you're a clinical one for a top club. Unfortunately, he isn't.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:47 pm

On what planet man?
He is a striker who can finish in the box, he posses good work rate but apart from that I can't say I agree with any of your points. He excels in a 4-4-2 with a striker who's only job is to set him up (example; Del Neri)

Time and time again this season he has not done well being in the middle of a 4-3-3. He has still come up big at moments but disappeared at others, so I agree with your point about inconsistency, just not with his other traits that you believe in.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperClaudio Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:26 am

I had high hopes for him, but he's just not cutting it in terms of being first-choice material.
SuperClaudio
SuperClaudio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next