Prandelli open to Totti, Del Piero  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Prandelli open to Totti, Del Piero

3 posters

Go down

Prandelli open to Totti, Del Piero  Empty Prandelli open to Totti, Del Piero

Post by DeviAngel Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Cesare Prandelli has not closed the door to veterans for Euro 2012. “Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero still have much to give.”

The Italy Coach is on a tour of all Serie A clubs and visited both the Lazio and Roma camps today.

He was asked about the possibility of calling Totti and Del Piero back for the tournament this summer, especially as injury and poor form has vastly reduced the forwards at his disposal.

“When it comes to dealing with Totti and Del Piero, it requires great respect,” replied Prandelli.

“Will they be called up for Euro 2012? It is best not to say things like that, but they have certainly given a great deal to Italian football and I am convinced they have much to give.

“The evaluations I will make when choosing a squad will not only be regarding their birth certificates.”

Totti’s last appearance in an Italy jersey was in the 2006 World Cup Final against France, while Del Piero hasn’t worn the Azzurri shirt since a 2-0 win over Georgia in September 2008.

“As for Antonio Cassano, we are waiting for him. He is recuperating with great enthusiasm and determination from the problem he had to deal with.”

Cassano returned to action briefly for Milan after five months out following a mini-stroke and heart surgery.

When visiting the Roma camp at Trigoria, Prandelli also commented on Coach Luis Enrique.

“He is a very credible figure with a fantastic spirit who has already become a reference point. He has brought a new culture of football and I hope it can continue.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Prandelli open to Totti, Del Piero  Empty Re: Prandelli open to Totti, Del Piero

Post by Nomad Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:22 pm

Grande Cesare!

Take Del Piero to the Euros and I hope Italy wins it so that Alex can bag the one missing winner's medal bounce
Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Prandelli open to Totti, Del Piero  Empty Re: Prandelli open to Totti, Del Piero

Post by Juventude Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:45 pm

He's just being polite. You can't take Del Piero over younger options. I love Del P, but let's be reasonable.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down