DRAMA, INTRIGUE, AS, CONSPIRACY AND BARCELONA! - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

DRAMA, INTRIGUE, AS, CONSPIRACY AND BARCELONA!

+23
Zealous
milanfan7
VanDeezNuts
I Have Mono
Margera
aleumdance
eelir
BarrileteCosmico
Swanhends
shamr9pato
Rebaño Sagrado
rwo power
halamadrid2
shinigami99
white_star
Doc
Gomez83
kiranr
Seppuku
che
EarlyPrototype
Dnmac4
paperbackwriter
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DRAMA, INTRIGUE, AS, CONSPIRACY AND BARCELONA! - Page 2 Empty Re: DRAMA, INTRIGUE, AS, CONSPIRACY AND BARCELONA!

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:05 pm

I'm looking forward to the next Swiss Ramble analysis on this. For the last year, his verdict was (after the first 70+ million Euros loss after 6 profitable years) that Barca was not in problems (yet?) as the Catalan banks wouldn't allow Barca to fold as their customers likely were Barca fans, too, and thus not giving Barca credits at very low interest rates could bring the banks in trouble from their other customers.

Now with the second 70+ million Euros loss, things will look a bit tighter, though, especially as the Spanish economy itself is severely in problems, a situation that also puts additional pressure on the banks. The interesting point is that some of the securities given by both Barca and Real are in fact the players with their evaluation, which might get really interesting.

BTW, just getting "some other shirt deal for 70 or so million Euros" is certainly not that easy, not even for Barca and definitely not in the current economical climate.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

DRAMA, INTRIGUE, AS, CONSPIRACY AND BARCELONA! - Page 2 Empty Re: DRAMA, INTRIGUE, AS, CONSPIRACY AND BARCELONA!

Post by Seppuku Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:13 pm

kiranr wrote:
Seppuku wrote:Actually, the banks job when looking at your finances and deciding whether to to give you credit or not, is to look at external audited reports (done by KPMG, Deliotte etc).

An audited report much like the one you just read in the article. Which clearly stated that it doesn't foresee Farca meeting it's debts.

So for simplez, no good audited reports= no more banking facilities = more interest on existing non-paid debt = more debt.

Ya, no worries.

Ah, to be naive and stupid.

This really isn't the place to be reflecting on your life.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:15 pm

It is not a loss people. It is a shortfall in budget which means there is 71 million less cash than what they need to make payments over the course of the year.

Seriously, do any of you believe Barcelona cannot raise 71 million cash from anywhere?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:18 pm

The "anywhere" is the interesting question. You'd need a nice new sponsorship deal. You very likely won't get all that money for a shirt deal when there is already more than one logo prominently shown on the shirts. You could consider selling the naming rights for Camp Nou, of course (assumed it is allowed in Spain?).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm sure Barcelona can more than do that but that really isn't the "worry". How did they end up in this position in the first place and why has it happened 2 years in a row should be the more pertinent issue...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Mou should buy the rights and name the stadium Camp Mou IMO
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:22 pm

UEFA will bail them out.. refs will sacrifice their salary for the next 50 years for barcelona.. i guess financial fairplay rule is going to be abandoned
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:22 pm

Well, this is the Swiss Ramble on Barca's finances: http://swissramble.blogspot.de/search/label/Barcelona

IMO it is some fascinating read. (Swiss Ramble analysed a lot of other clubs, too, by the way).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Also did anyone notice the article mentioned total debt reaching 578 million?

Dang.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Doc wrote:I'm sure Barcelona can more than do that but that really isn't the "worry". How did they end up in this position in the first place and why has it happened 2 years in a row should be the more pertinent issue...

Our player & staff wages are huge and quite stupidly, the contracts have bonus structures that pay more than what we receive as increased revenue after winning trophies. Needless to say, if we dont win anything this year, it would actually be a good thing for our finances.

I hope the wage contracts are renegotiated to adjust the bonus structure asap.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Seppuku wrote:Also did anyone notice the article mentioned total debt reaching 578 million?

Dang.

Laughing

Really, you should not talk about things you dont understand.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Article wrote:Overall, the League has equity of 240.6 million and debt of 3,530.

What the F*ck? I don't even.....

Last edited by BhritanniaBhlue on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Not only Barca but the whole league is in 1000th of debt

What do clubs do with the money they gain is the question?? and the Spanish FA have to be tougher on this as well, you cant have teams running around increasing their net debt without doing enough about it. You have team after team going into liquidations and these are usually teams who fight for Europe... i mean if i was the head of the Spanish FA i would be embarrassed ffs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:33 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Overall, the League has equity of 240.6 million and debt of 3,530.

What the f*ck is this I don't even....

Yeah, people would think La Liga is a bank. :facepalm: worthy, those numbers.

Last edited by kiranr on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Much ado about nothing, Barca can still take loans to pay those short term loans and still generate the 3rd most revenue out of any club in the world. If they need money,, they will be able to get it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Well, there were some clubs that didn't pay transfer fees to other clubs, IIRC. I think some German club (or clubs?) started a lawsuit already.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:37 pm

That's Malaga, According to the report they also have 20M shortfall, and generate much less revenue than Barca.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:39 pm

kiranr wrote:
Seppuku wrote:Also did anyone notice the article mentioned total debt reaching 578 million?

Dang.

Laughing

It seems to me that your the clueless git who's head over heels here.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Seppuku wrote:
kiranr wrote:

Dang.

Laughing

It seems to me that your the clueless git who's head over heels here.

Actually, no. It's quite the opposite. But, i change my mind, you should still continue to post, provides much entertainment.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:43 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:That's Malaga, According to the report they also have 20M shortfall, and generate much less revenue than Barca.

They really dont need that when they are owned by a man
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:15 pm

I thought i will not post in the general thread, because it is infested by RM trolls. But this I like, RM fans are more interested in Barca than their own club, meaning only one thing, they know we are better in almost every way, and try to put us in bad light whenever possible. So, my dear trolls, try harder:

"Real Madrid lead Barcelona by four points at the top of La Liga, but the two global superstars also rival each other in the depth of their debts — Real have accumulated 589 million euros ($772 million) to Barcelona’s 578 million euros."

Link
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:22 pm

It is common to have that kind of TOTAL LIABILITIES in the world of football in Europe among the top clubs.

The debt figure includes loans, trade payables, creditor payables, provisions (this is typically a sum which the club sets aside for taxes, doubtful receivables, etc).

These figures can change depending on how aggressive or conservative you want to be.

As long as the club is making money, and is more or less able to meet cash requirements, then there should be no worry.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:43 pm

I don't know how a Barcelona fan cannot find this scary

this means, your team has no financial sense aat all, you have won more than bayern, and Arsenal in 2 years but these 2 sides get monster revenues and do better financially than you.

its scary, things like this make Madrid above you forever in value
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Barca get the 2nd highest revenue of all clubs, which is why this is so mind boggling
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:47 pm

the naivety shown by some Barca fans is shameful too

let me say it again "70 Million debt". For fvck sake Arsenal have reduced a 300 Million debt to 100 Million, and currently have 115 Million sitting in the bank,

that means. barca don't even have cash ready to spend?
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:52 pm

...............but they still spend :vagi:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next