kiranr
RealGunner
Red Alert
Arquitecto
RedOranje
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Damien Comolli Leaves Liverpool Post - Page 3 Empty Re: Damien Comolli Leaves Liverpool Post

Post by RedOranje Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You really think Dalglish is'nt an ego-maniac? seriously? Laughing

Also i never denied the fact i hate him and i never denied i might have some misunderstanding......

I said its my belief that Cruyff and Dalglish couldnt work together.

It has nothing to do with me hating Dalglish or my understanding of Liverpool's heirachy.
Do I think that that there could be a problem between Kenny and Cruijff if the latter was appointed? Possibly, with the chance increasing exponentially as time went on.

Do I believe that problem would stem from Kenny's "ego"? LOLNO. For Dalglish Liverpool comes first. He's shown it several times throughout his career. You're making it sound as though Liverpool are just another club to Dalglish, which just isn't true.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Damien Comolli Leaves Liverpool Post - Page 3 Empty Re: Damien Comolli Leaves Liverpool Post

Post by RedOranje Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:04 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Well he is only a year younger than Downing and is young enough to be Bellamy's grand kid
His fee would be much, much higher than Downings; as would his wages. Also, let's not forget the injury record.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:11 pm

RedOranje wrote:His fee would be much, much higher than Downings; as would his wages. Also, let's not forget the injury record.

His fee will be more because he is better, one of the best in the world in his position(not some mediocre player playing for Aston Villa who have never tasted European Football), you honestly thought you could buy a WC player for less than 15 mill O.o??? even then dont think he would cost more than 20 mill tbh due to his injury record

in fact he isnt THAT injury prone imo, he has played 21 games in Bundesliga this season and 29 overall, now thats not that bad is it??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:45 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
RedOranje wrote:His fee would be much, much higher than Downings; as would his wages. Also, let's not forget the injury record.

His fee will be more because he is better, one of the best in the world in his position(not some mediocre player playing for Aston Villa who have never tasted European Football), you honestly thought you could buy a WC player for less than 15 mill O.o??? even then dont think he would cost more than 20 mill tbh due to his injury record

in fact he isnt THAT injury prone imo, he has played 21 games in Bundesliga this season and 29 overall, now thats not that bad is it??
A couple of questions before i even try to respond to this.

1) Why attack Downing? I never brought him up in this thread. In fact, I was outspokenly AGAINST his signing in the summer and used him as part of the justification for Comolli's sacking. I have never once suggested he was worth 20m or that his signing was good business for Liverpool. Yes, I have defended him as a player at times, but that's something I afford every Liverpool player (except Itandje) and I had a small bit of hope the he might prove me wrong.

2) When did I ever mention anything about getting "WC player for less than 15 mill"[sic]? Was this just throw out as a fallacy to distract from my other points?

3) Did you really use both sides of the injury argument in a single post? Don't you see the clash there at all? How can a player who is "WC" have his price below 20m in today's market and yet not be "THAT injuryprone" or otherwise damaged goods?

4) How about his wages? Any thoughts there? After the club made a concerted effort to cut down the wage bill (and did so significantly; Comolli's biggest and most overlooked success) why would those in charge would throw all of that out the window for Robben?

5) You understand that my point was that all three were contributing factors and that the situation the combined factors created made such a transfer a no-go, yes? So even if he isn't THAT old, or THAT injury-prone, or THAT expensive (I'm not convinced on the last two, mind) the combination means that such a move is still not one that would interest Liverpool.

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:05 pm

RedOranje wrote:A couple of questions before i even try to respond to this.

1) Why attack Downing? I never brought him up in this thread. In fact, I was outspokenly AGAINST his signing in the summer and used him as part of the justification for Comolli's sacking. I have never once suggested he was worth 20m or that his signing was good business for Liverpool. Yes, I have defended him as a player at times, but that's something I afford every Liverpool player (except Itandje) and I had a small bit of hope the he might prove me wrong.

2) When did I ever mention anything about getting "WC player for less than 15 mill"[sic]? Was this just throw out as a fallacy to distract from my other points?

3) Did you really use both sides of the injury argument in a single post? Don't you see the clash there at all? How can a player who is "WC" have his price below 20m in today's market and yet not be "THAT injuryprone" or otherwise damaged goods?

4) How about his wages? Any thoughts there? After the club made a concerted effort to cut down the wage bill (and did so significantly; Comolli's biggest and most overlooked success) why would those in charge would throw all of that out the window for Robben?

5) You understand that my point was that all three were contributing factors and that the situation the combined factors created made such a transfer a no-go, yes? So even if he isn't THAT old, or THAT injury-prone, or THAT expensive (I'm not convinced on the last two, mind) the combination means that such a move is still not one that would interest Liverpool.

1) Well he doesnt deserve attacking, but i am pretty sure i would attack a player from my team if he'd been bought to actually contribute rather than just do the same washed out crosses that never work, dont get me wrong tho the guy would be good enough for Sunderland but not for a bigger and better club. It was in response to you saying his fee would be much more than downing which is kind of stating the obvious because he will be valued higher for a reason, if i said it in a rather disrespectful way then i do appologise :coffee:

2) Again this was in response to your he would be more expensive than Downing, and Downing was bought for £20 mill(oh deary me, thought it was 7 mill)

3) he is injury prone i did agree to that, but i didn't think he was as injury prone as people make him out to be hence the capitals

4) Again if your a good player you deserve to be paid high, i don't exactly know how much he makes in Bayern but when he was with us i am pretty sure he made around 3/4 mill Euros(could be slightly wrong tho), if you want established players to come, you have to be prepared to cough up the wages or else they wouldn't be interested such is football these days, if say Hazard for example you really think he would come if you only offered him 1 mill a season???

5)Well i am interested in who you have in mind that fits all the categories you pointed out to me?? i dont really think that anyone who fits those would be one your are really looking for, no offence but it would probably be another Adams or Downing if that was the case, and the improvement of the team would really stagnate(IMHO). Well i am interested to see your views. :coffee:

And to end this, technically you replied to me :vagi:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 pm

As I said, it is a combination of those factors that means Robben is a non-starter for Liverpool. As in: If a player if younger, cheaper (in terms of transfer fee and/or wages), and/OR less injury prone then there's a much better chance.

So Hazard, being a good bit younger and not injuryprone, fits the bill despite a larger price tag and would fit the club's transfer criteria. Now whether a player such as Hazard would be interested in Liverpool is another story entirely...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3