Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 4 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

+60
Pedram
Collblanc
Zealous
vivabarca38
che
Be/\/ceCALI
StevieRayVaughan
Valkyrja
_LMG_10_
chad4401
Red Alert
Tigole
Sushi Master
CBarca
Kev
Magricos
FennecFox7
Yuri Yukuv
The Verminator
EarlyPrototype
Lord Hades
Lord Awesome
JAY-Z
Aensensen
Abramovich
Ganso
LeSwagg James
Adrian0911
white_star
Mr Nick09
The Franchise
Iceman
Le Samourai
Mr_Puyol
VanDeezNuts
jibers
billionmillion
Omniscient
guest7
Jack Daniels
RealGunner
Cotes
Mr. Festim
Bellabong
Dnmac4
Albiceleste
billy_gr
jontsu
Baraa
Onyx
StrugaRock
paperbackwriter
Beautiful Football
S
shinigami99
ronalessi
stunt
BarrileteCosmico
Die Borussen
LeVersacci
64 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

Post by Abramovich Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:02 am

No

end thread.

Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

Post by stunt Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:06 am

billionmillion wrote:
How many assists CR have?
Messi playing only with his left foot scored 61 goals and around 30 assists. CR most complete player scored 52 goals and i think 15 assists. How he is most complete?

In my view he is most complete because he has more ways to score at his disposal than Messi.

Messi's majority of goals come from the inside the box. Ronaldo scores from outside and inside the box, with both feet or with the head. He uses speed, positioning and shooting skills mostly.
While in the majority of his goals, Messi uses his superb ball controll coupled with his team's pass quality.

I see much more diversity in Ronaldo's goals. And while his passes are obviously not as good as Barcelona's, 15 assists is a good number to me.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:10 am

paperbackwriter wrote:
billionmillion wrote:
stunt wrote:
billionmillion wrote:So shooting hard means you are most complete? its just one skill: shooting the ball (free kicks, penlties, screamers = shooting). what else skills he has so we can call him complete player?

Anyway congratulations for hat-trick

He's a good passer. Has about the same amount of assists as Messi on La Liga this season (Messi is a good passer right?).

Shoots well as you said.

His dribble is certainly above average.

He's fast. One of the fastest players with and without the ball (if not the fastest).

Has great positioning (that's why he scores so much tap ins).

He's tall and and can jump high so he's good at heading.

Can use both feet.

I don't see what he lacks? Sure he wastes shots at the goal and he misses 1v1s with the keeper frequently. But nobody's perfect.
Messi playing only with his left foot scored 61 goals and around 30 assists. CR most complete player scored 52 goals and i think 15 assists. How he is most complete?

CR7 is as good away as home, with 50 % of his goals scored on both sides of the fence this season. Messi is less than half the player he's at the camp nou when playing away from home. How's that for most complete?

Ronaldo: 20 goals home, 20 goals away.
Messi: 28 goals at home, 11 away.
Who cares about la liga, you must include CL goals too. when messi really cares he plays at full strength and scores a lot. thats why he CL top scorer 4 season is a row. In la liga he just rests - he doesnt even run

Anyway Messi is more complete forward.

His acceleration>CR acceleration
His agility>CR agility
His running with the ball>>>>CR running with the ball (specially in tight places)
His dribbling>>CR dribbling
His decision making at scoring>CR's
His finishing abilities>CR

CR speed (long distance)>>Messi's (Not needed much. acceleration>speed any day)
CR shoot power>>Messi's (needed much, its truly one thing that CR is above messi)
CR heading>Messi's heading (just because CR is tall)

The only useful thing that CR is above Messi is shoot power
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:10 am

paperbackwriter wrote:
The Franchise wrote:RVN, R9, Etoo nor Romario ever started thier career on a team as good as this, so 1 or 2 and possibly 4 were never a option.

I agree with Le Samorai, this is one horribly titled thread.

His goal scoring deserves talk, but not "best most complete player".

RVN agreed. R9 joined Real Madrid with Figo, Zidane, Makélélé, R. Carlos, Hierro, Raúl... Eto'o played with Ronaldinho, Xavi, Deco and later Messi aswell as Iniesta. Romario played with the dream team, Laudrup, Stoichkov, Guardiola and so forth. Seems like a legit concern.

Sure but that Madrid still didnt function like this Madrid..so while R9 had those players on paper, on the field it wasnt as good. Lets not forget that r9 wasnt the real r9.

Etoo had those players, but 1 and 2 his games for Mallorca come into play..which obviously isnt fair.

Romario's first season 30 in 33 in the league, just didnt play enough games to do more realistically for number 4. 1 and 2 he could have done though.

Point im trying to make is, you say he did things Etoo, Romario, RVN and Ronaldo couldnt do..you have to remember all the factors.

Last edited by The Franchise on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:11 am

Ah, I'm out of here. As I stated earlier in the thread I don't even think Ronaldo is better than Messi, like some deluded fans might do.

But the Ronaldo hate must stop. No where have anybody said anything negative against Messi here, bar someone maybe. Except maybe "eh well he's not as complete as Ronaldo". The response then is "OMFG WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!". Then we get a rant fest for 5 pages about how Ronaldo can only shoot. Sure I joined in on the fun with some "interesting facts".

Thing is, dear Barcelona and Messi fans. If you want your beloved Messi to be regarded as GOAT. Then surely you must regard Ronaldo as up there aswell. But you lot can't have it both ways, I've seen opinions in the style of "Messi is the GOAT, Ronaldo is not in the top 25". Ronaldo is currently keeping up or atleast almost with your GOAT.

And if Ronaldo is a nobody, "just a good shooter" while almost keeping up with your GOAT... What does that tell you about your GOAT and the plausibility of him even being deserving of such praise? Considering the crap kind of defenses Messi must face when some other dude who is "just a good shooter" beat every imaginable record in the GOATs league.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:16 am

stunt wrote:
billionmillion wrote:

In my view he is most complete because he has more ways to score at his disposal than Messi.

Messi's majority of goals come from the inside the box. Ronaldo scores from outside and inside the box, with both feet or with the head. He uses speed, positioning and shooting skills mostly.
While in the majority of his goals, Messi uses his superb ball controll coupled with his team's pass quality.

I see much more diversity in Ronaldo's goals. And while his passes are obviously not as good as Barcelona's, 15 assists is a good number to me.

hey boss i have four leg ,i have two head ..so i am more complete than ronaldo..but i score less than ronaldo around 10 goals less..but i must be better and complete player than ronaldo...and real should sign me asap..

joke aside complete player mean nothing, every manager in the world will take better player than a complete one..

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:17 am

billy_gr wrote:best calf muscles in football history
Lol, Ron just keeps embarassing himself :facepalm: I know he's not the brightest of them, but he really didn't need to do the "this are my quadriceps" celebration again. IMAGINE if that sh!t got into FIFA 13 affraid That would be hilarious.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:18 am

paperbackwriter everybody had great games but madrid fanboys come and say CR>Messi. so fight must start of course. its childish, just one good game and CR is the best player?

He is a player who needs space. if no space Benzema is better than him, and we have seen this many times. He can be useful in 50% games but in another 50% he is not useful as much as other madrid forwards. complete player must perform in tight spaces too
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:19 am

Beautiful Football wrote:
stunt wrote:
billionmillion wrote:

hey boss i have four leg ,i have two head ..so i am more complete than ronaldo..but i score less than ronaldo around 10 goals less..but i must be better and complete player than ronaldo...and real should sign me asap..

joke aside complete player mean nothing, every manager in the world will take better player than a complete one..

so you agree ronaldo is more complete player? so much win!

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:22 am

deadrave wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:
stunt wrote:
billionmillion wrote:

so you agree ronaldo is more complete player? so much win!

lol of course physically he is complete...but not all round football wise...if you understand that

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:22 am

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:24 am

billionmillion wrote:paperbackwriter everybody had great games but madrid fanboys come and say CR>Messi. so fight must start of course. its childish, just one good game and CR is the best player?

He is a player who needs space. if no space Benzema is better than him, and we have seen this many times. He can be useful in 50% games but in another 50% he is not useful as much as other madrid forwards. complete player must perform in tight spaces too
Lol mate, it takes two to start a fight. But I agree, this forum is kept alive by troll threads and angry debates. However I wouldn't change it for anything Very Happy Viva la goallegacy!
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:34 am

billionmillion wrote:

If Messi was tall or if CR was short they would be different footballers.

Messi has such great ball control and acceleration because he is short. He has a low centre of gravity, which makes his steps while running incredibely small, which allows him to control the ball excepcionally well in tight spaces. High acceleration and great ball control are atributes present in most short players. It is no coincidence Maradonna was short aswell. It is no coincidence most of Barca's players are short.

Ronaldo can never have those skills, exactly because of his height (and because he increased his muscle mass) but instead he can run faster, he can jump higher and shoot stronger. Despite that, his dribbling is still good, and it could be better, but it is not because there are other atributes more important to his game.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:37 am

Aensensen wrote:
billy_gr wrote:best calf muscles in football history
Lol, Ron just keeps embarassing himself :facepalm: I know he's not the brightest of them, but he really didn't need to do the "this are my quadriceps" celebration again. IMAGINE if that sh!t got into FIFA 13 affraid That would be hilarious.

I don't see the problem with his celebrations. Cantona did the arrogant celebrations and everyone applauded. Ronaldo does it and he's an arrogant prick.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:47 am

stunt wrote:
billionmillion wrote:

If Messi was tall or if CR was short they would be different footballers.

Messi has such great ball control and acceleration because he is short. He has a low centre of gravity, which makes his steps while running incredibely small, which allows him to control the ball excepcionally well in tight spaces. High acceleration and great ball control are atributes present in most short players. It is no coincidence Maradonna was short aswell. It is no coincidence most of Barca's players are short.

Ronaldo can never have those skills, exactly because of his height (and because he increased his muscle mass) but instead he can run faster, he can jump higher and shoot stronger. Despite that, his dribbling is still good, and it could be better, but it is not because there are other atributes more important to his game.
No dude. Messi is only short player that have such acceleration. Iniesta and Xavi is also short.do they have agility and acceleration of messi? alves is also short. but neither is agile as messi. Tello is tall compared to them. but he is very agile and great acceleration
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:54 am

paperbackwriter wrote:It's interesting to see how people try to down play a player who in 3 seasons in La Liga have:

Still lets play the downplaying game.

Look it's not that we're trying to downplay his achievements, it's just that there's a world of difference between having a great couple of seasons, which he has, and being the best there ever was. Especially when he's not even the best in his own time-period.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:54 am

stunt wrote:
Messi has such great ball control because he is short.
:lol!:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:57 am

Yes.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:00 am

Been sayin' it since last season.

Counting on him to make more good imprssions in La Liga, CL, and Euros.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:03 am

complete - yup , best - lol no
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:08 am

So anytime a player scores a hat trick we should make a complete player thread about them, ya that's a great idea!!!!

Guy saying cr7 will have great euros is going to be :vagi:
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:15 am

It's a myth that Messi doesn't score a different variety of goals, thankfully only delusionals like stunt believe that, Messi has scored ~15% (31) of his 230 odd Barcelona goals from outside the box. He also has around 40 goals with his weak foot and has scored 3 headers this season, and 2 free kick goals in the league, I believe that is Ronaldos tally as well. Myth busted? Myth busted

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:17 am

white_star wrote:So anytime a player scores a hat trick we should make a complete player thread about them, ya that's a great idea!!!!

Guy saying cr7 will have great euros is going to be :vagi:

Well, I know you were :vagi: today. Laughing

It's not like Ronnie just becane complete player because of the Hat-Trick. He's complete because he's capable of doing it all. ('cept goaltend Laughing)
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:20 am

In my honest opinion Messi could score 3 goals a season and still be the best player on the planet.

See his performance in the 5-0 classico for more details.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:23 am

Le Samourai wrote:In my honest opinion Messi could score 3 goals a season and still be the best player on the planet.

See his performance in the 5-0 classico for more details.

Someone who gets it.

Messi's goals are not what makes him the best in the world. I dispise this stats field world we are in right now.

People just dont seem to realise the damage players can do without ever recording an assist or goal in a game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:24 am

tbf he did get two 'assists' in that game ^^
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next