Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 5 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

+60
Pedram
Collblanc
Zealous
vivabarca38
che
Be/\/ceCALI
StevieRayVaughan
Valkyrja
_LMG_10_
chad4401
Red Alert
Tigole
Sushi Master
CBarca
Kev
Magricos
FennecFox7
Yuri Yukuv
The Verminator
EarlyPrototype
Lord Hades
Lord Awesome
JAY-Z
Aensensen
Abramovich
Ganso
LeSwagg James
Adrian0911
white_star
Mr Nick09
The Franchise
Iceman
Le Samourai
Mr_Puyol
VanDeezNuts
jibers
billionmillion
Omniscient
guest7
Jack Daniels
RealGunner
Cotes
Mr. Festim
Bellabong
Dnmac4
Albiceleste
billy_gr
jontsu
Baraa
Onyx
StrugaRock
paperbackwriter
Beautiful Football
S
shinigami99
ronalessi
stunt
BarrileteCosmico
Die Borussen
LeVersacci
64 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

Post by Lord Hades Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:24 am

tbf he did get two 'assists' in that game ^^

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:25 am

The Franchise wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:In my honest opinion Messi could score 3 goals a season and still be the best player on the planet.

See his performance in the 5-0 classico for more details.

Someone who gets it.

Messi's goals are not what makes him the best in the world. I dispise this stats field world we are in right now.

People just dont seem to realise the damage players can do without ever recording an assist or goal in a game.

not too many people can understand this logic in goallegacy.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:28 am

Sure, but those werent even the hardest and most destructive things he did in the game. The overall destabilization he causes to defences, the attention he draws, the danger he causes...much greater overall impact.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:33 am

The attention he draws though is because of his goal scoring instinct. I assure you if he were to average 3 goals a season there is no chance teams would target him as much as they would now.

To answer the OP's question... Messi is still the best.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:34 am

The Franchise wrote:Sure, but those werent even the hardest and most destructive things he did in the game. The overall destabilization he causes to defences, the attention he draws, the danger he causes...much greater overall impact.

whats the point all of this if you are not complete player,if you are not going
to score a goal from 40yard out from 1000 tries, every thing is just useless..
not to mention 100 stepovers before dribble a single player is more important..goallegacy logic.. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:34 am

The assists were part of a larger process than just him making a pass.

If you look at that game, look at how much space there was behind our defense simply because he drew our centre- backs out position.I mean this is one of the biggest reasons I like Benzema so much, he does this as good as anyone else other than Messi.Creates Space for Ronaldo to run into.

If you look at the weakside space he creates when he moves to one side.

Honestly it's forgivable that not many people understand it, concepts such as dribble penetration and weakside kicking in basketball make it much easier to understand.

Those assists didn't need to be assists, they probably wouldn't be if someone made an extra pass.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:34 am

white_star wrote:So anytime a player scores a hat trick we should make a complete player thread about them, ya that's a great idea!!!!

Guy saying cr7 will have great euros is going to be :vagi:

Ronaldo today broke the record of most hat tricks in one La Liga season. He has scored 7.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:40 am

Beautiful Football wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Sure, but those werent even the hardest and most destructive things he did in the game. The overall destabilization he causes to defences, the attention he draws, the danger he causes...much greater overall impact.

whats the point all of this if you are not complete player,if you are not going
to score a goal from 40yard out from 1000 tries, every thing is just useless..
not to mention 100 stepovers before dribble a single player is more important..goallegacy logic.. Rolling Eyes

Yeah....nobody said that, comprehend better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:40 am

Messi doesnt just get attention because he scores goals...Iniesta never scores and he draws untold attention..same as Zidane.

They get attention because of the overall threat they provide and what they can do.

Think about it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:44 am

Of course goal scoring isn't the only reason.

Similarly when Alonso gets shut down, Real Madrid don't function as a unit properly.

But has Iniesta ever been targeted by the opposing team as much as Messi does?

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:46 am

Albiceleste wrote:]
stunt wrote:
Messi has such great ball control because he is short.
:lol!:

Do you honestly believe that if Messi was 180 cm tall he would have the ball controll he currently has?

Of course he is extremely talented, but his natural physique also determines a factor in his playstyle.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:47 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:Of course goal scoring isn't the only reason.

Similarly when Alonso gets shut down, Real Madrid don't function as a unit properly.

i don't think so..but many team target xaviesta...

but most team target messi first for obvious reason..

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:51 am

Albiceleste wrote:It's a myth that Messi doesn't score a different variety of goals, thankfully only delusionals like stunt believe that, Messi has scored ~15% (31) of his 230 odd Barcelona goals from outside the box. He also has around 40 goals with his weak foot and has scored 3 headers this season, and 2 free kick goals in the league, I believe that is Ronaldos tally as well. Myth busted? Myth busted

I never said Messi doesn't score a different variety of goals. I only said Ronaldo's goals have more variety.

Go watch all Messi's goals in the league. Then watch Ronaldo's. Then come and tell me which you think has more variety.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:53 am

Of course not, but thats because Messi is on his team..not to mention, just not as dangerous generally.

But look at Ronaldinho, people used to swarm at him and he wasnt half the goalscorer Messi was.

When someone dribbles 2 players and is running directly to goal, it doesnt matter if they scored 3 goals or 63 goals, other defenders are doing to swarm.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:55 am

stunt wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:It's a myth that Messi doesn't score a different variety of goals, thankfully only delusionals like stunt believe that, Messi has scored ~15% (31) of his 230 odd Barcelona goals from outside the box. He also has around 40 goals with his weak foot and has scored 3 headers this season, and 2 free kick goals in the league, I believe that is Ronaldos tally as well. Myth busted? Myth busted

I never said Messi doesn't score a different variety of goals. I only said Ronaldo's goals have more variety.

Go watch all Messi's goals in the league. Then watch Ronaldo's. Then come and tell me which you think has more variety.

why only league, what about in all competition..i am sure in all competition messi score more different variety of goals.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:56 am

Instead of looking at CR's positives, let's look at the negatives instead. Because it looks like everyone already posted his positives. I think that's good way to find out how complete he is. Then we can compare this list to Messi's (seeing as to be the most complete he has to be more complete thean Messi).

Also let's take out anything to do with the system they play in. This is purely about the individual.

Few things from the top of my head. Ronaldo doesn't have very good defensive work rate. Offensively i can't really think of too much.

Although i can think of a few for Messi. Messi is not very strong. Yes he has incredible balance, but he is not very strong. He's not tall so he can't get to headers very well compared to others. In addition i don't think he can header too well but he doesn't really get the opportunity to show us his heading skills too often. (i know some will bring up the headers against Yanited). I don't think he excels at long shots tbh.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:58 am

Messi is a player for the ages

However, is ronaldo the most complete goal scoring threat?

I think yes, but hes lost alot since he left united and seems unable to drible (or maybe thats because he is in a more technical league right now).

If ronnie had all his attributes + marcello's driblling he would be a goal scorer for the ages
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:03 am

The Franchise wrote:

Of course not, but thats because Messi is on his team..not to mention, just not as dangerous generally.

But look at Ronaldinho, people used to swarm at him and he wasnt half the goalscorer Messi was.

When someone dribbles 2 players and is running directly to goal, it doesnt matter if they scored 3 goals or 63 goals, other defenders are doing to swarm.

I get your point. The thing is though he may still be the most dangerous player on the Barca team even if he didn't score as many goals, but its the fact that he scores so many it separates him from the rest.

With Ronaldinho he used to create space and chances and open the game up...but with Messi he not only does that, but he tops it off with 50+ goals a season.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:08 am

The Verminator wrote: Offensively i can't really think of too much.

Messi is not very strong.

. I don't think he excels at long shots tbh.

He cant dribble and cant pass to an elite level.

Messi isnt strong? I barely ever see any situation where his lack of strength is exposed...clearly, either he is strong or strength isnt important.

I am sure someone in this thread already posted how many goals he scored out the box..its probably more than Cristiano.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:10 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

I get your point. The thing is though he may still be the most dangerous player on the Barca team even if he didn't score as many goals, but its the fact that he scores so many it separates him from the rest.

With Ronaldinho he used to create space and chances and open the game up...but with Messi he not only does that, but he tops it off with 50+ goals a season.

Yes I agree, but I still think if he scored less he would demand the same attention.

And agree about Ronaldinho, not saying he is better than Messi, just saying he created similar situations where teams swarmed him, just like Messi and it wasnt because he scored loads of goals.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:14 am

The Verminator wrote:Instead of looking at CR's positives, let's look at the negatives instead. Because it looks like everyone already posted his positives. I think that's good way to find out how complete he is. Then we can compare this list to Messi's (seeing as to be the most complete he has to be more complete thean Messi).

Also let's take out anything to do with the system they play in. This is purely about the individual.

Few things from the top of my head. Ronaldo doesn't have very good defensive work rate. Offensively i can't really think of too much.

Although i can think of a few for Messi. Messi is not very strong. Yes he has incredible balance, but he is not very strong. He's not tall so he can't get to headers very well compared to others. In addition i don't think he can header too well but he doesn't really get the opportunity to show us his heading skills too often. (i know some will bring up the headers against Yanited). I don't think he excels at long shots tbh.

i know football is a team sports...still if you want to compare their ability
here is my opinion

passing: messi

Creativity: messi

Agility: messi

top speed: ronaldo

acceleration: messi

strength: ronaldo

shotpower: ronaldo

longshot: ronaldo

dribbling: messi by miles

teamwork: messi

workrate: messi

vision: messi

End product: messi

weakfoot: ronaldo

header: ronaldo

jump: ronaldo

effective player: messi

big game player: messi

finishing: messi

versatility: messi
see messi is the winner and more overall complete football player.
in almost all technical ability messi is better ronaldo is better in physicial aspect of the game.

as for system messi is best in tiki taka ronaldo in counter attacking team.
but i am sure messi will be great in counter attacking football because almost all of barca counter attack go through messi...not sure about ronaldo
in tiki taka..my opinion he wouldn't fit in tikitaka..

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:24 am

The Verminator wrote:Instead of looking at CR's positives, let's look at the negatives instead. Because it looks like everyone already posted his positives. I think that's good way to find out how complete he is. Then we can compare this list to Messi's (seeing as to be the most complete he has to be more complete thean Messi).

here is my opinion

in almost all technical ability messi is better ronaldo is better in physicial aspect of the game.

but i am sure messi will be great in counter attacking football because almost all of barca counter attack go through messi...not sure about ronaldo

There is only one team that can properly play tiki taka though, even spain cant replicate it.

All teams can easily switch into counter attacking.

Its funny because the worse a team is the more valuable ronaldo can become, while for messi its the opposite.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:26 am

Yuri Yukuv wrote:

here is my opinion

There is only one team that can properly play tiki taka though, even spain cant replicate it.

All teams can easily switch into counter attacking.

Its funny because the worse a team is the more valuable ronaldo can become, while for messi its the opposite.

how is that can you explain..

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 am

billionmillion wrote:So shooting hard means you are most complete? its just one skill: shooting the ball (free kicks, penlties, screamers = shooting). what else skills he has so we can call him complete player?

Anyway congratulations for hat-trick

Also got a nice assist. Nice try though.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:34 am

Beautiful Football wrote:wall of text

Because Ronaldo attributes are more suited to a team that doesnt control the game and because the other team is attacking he will have alot of space to work with. While messi truly shines when there is small spaces and the need for someone to pass the siege.

This is my view atleast, the weakest team ive seen messi in though is Arg which isnt a bad team at all.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:36 am

billionmillion wrote:
paperbackwriter wrote:
billionmillion wrote:
stunt wrote:
billionmillion wrote:So shooting hard means you are most complete? its just one skill: shooting the ball (free kicks, penlties, screamers = shooting). what else skills he has so we can call him complete player?

Anyway congratulations for hat-trick

He's a good passer. Has about the same amount of assists as Messi on La Liga this season (Messi is a good passer right?).

Shoots well as you said.

His dribble is certainly above average.

He's fast. One of the fastest players with and without the ball (if not the fastest).

Has great positioning (that's why he scores so much tap ins).

He's tall and and can jump high so he's good at heading.

Can use both feet.

I don't see what he lacks? Sure he wastes shots at the goal and he misses 1v1s with the keeper frequently. But nobody's perfect.
How many assists CR have?
Messi playing only with his left foot scored 61 goals and around 30 assists. CR most complete player scored 52 goals and i think 15 assists. How he is most complete?

CR7 is as good away as home, with 50 % of his goals scored on both sides of the fence this season. Messi is less than half the player he's at the camp nou when playing away from home. How's that for most complete?

Ronaldo: 20 goals home, 20 goals away.
Messi: 28 goals at home, 11 away.
Who cares about la liga, you must include CL goals too. when messi really cares he plays at full strength and scores a lot. thats why he CL top scorer 4 season is a row. In la liga he just rests - he doesnt even run

Anyway Messi is more complete forward.

His acceleration>CR acceleration
His agility>CR agility
His running with the ball>>>>CR running with the ball (specially in tight places)
His dribbling>>CR dribbling
His decision making at scoring>CR's
His finishing abilities>CR

CR speed (long distance)>>Messi's (Not needed much. acceleration>speed any day)
CR shoot power>>Messi's (needed much, its truly one thing that CR is above messi)
CR heading>Messi's heading (just because CR is tall)

The only useful thing that CR is above Messi is shoot power

First of all, genius, its SHOT POWER, not shoot power, get a dictionary.
Acceleration > Speed? Maybe, sometimes. But honestly, ronaldo has just as much acceleration as messi, believe it or not.

Messi is just as good as a finisher as ronaldo.

Ok, since you listed things messis good at, and said ronaldo has "shoot power" only. Ronaldo has much better positioning, and no, he is not better just because he is taller, he jumps much higher and has a more powerful header.

Before the messi wankers come kill me I do think messi is better but honestly, not by as much as people make it.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next