CBarca
Ganso
The Franchise
billy_gr
Albiceleste
46 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

[Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: [Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan

Post by Ganso Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Xavi was your best player(after messi) vs us in the 3 times we have faced each other.Cesc was pretty meh in the other hand

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

[Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan - Page 6 Empty Re: [Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:01 pm

spanky489 wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Since when does Cesc offer width?.....

would you rather cesc play in midfield or on the wing

Pep plays Cesc on the wing as well? Laughing

Pep and Del Bosque :brickwall:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:20 pm

----------Valdes
Alves-Pique-Mascherano-Puyol
---------Busquets
-----Xavi(if fit)---Cesc
Alexis----Messi-----Iniesta

I think this is what we will line up with

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:24 pm

danyjr wrote:Some rumours regarding Xavi picking up a knock and not being able to train with the rest of the team.

If that's true then it's a very bad omen and a lot more than that.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Albiceleste wrote:----------Valdes
Alves-Pique-Mascherano-Puyol
---------Busquets
-----Xavi(if fit)---Cesc
Alexis----Messi-----Iniesta

I think this is what we will line up with

If that happens then in almost similar manner to the first leg Iniesta's influence on the game will likely be grossly marginalized.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigole Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:26 pm

This match will surely be nerve-racking; it will be a hard match to watch. Good luck tomorrow.
Tigole
Tigole
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Xavi, who has a rumoured calf muscle problem, didn't take part in the first 15 minutes of the training that were open to the press and he is part of the match squad for tomorow's game against Milan. Tomorrow, during the last training before the game, will be decided if Xavi can play against Milan.

Guardiola: "Xavi has some problems at his calf for two days, didn't train to not take risks. He might play, last test tomorrow."

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:30 pm

The Franchise wrote:If Milan get the 1st goal, it becomes 2 years ago vs Inter all over again stylistically....and I am pretty sure the result will be the same.

A valient effort but we go out.

The 1st leg was wasted.

I think Pep has been effected by the 3-1 Inter game and is scared of such a situation again...so he went our version of defensive and we suffered because of it.

Away goals are so important and we got none.

Essentially that's what I too was about to say dani. Against Inter we erred in the first leg by showing too little caution. Against Milan we erred in the first leg showing too much caution.

BTW I think that if we go out tomorrow night then we must surrender this label of "best team in the world" right away.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:32 pm

I'm nervous about this game. Pep bottled it in the first leg and we have very tough situation. 0 away goals sucks as hell. Keys to victory in my humble and respectful opinion
- 4-3-3 with Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta in the midfield, not Mr. Humility in the midfield or Iniesta as a winger
- Messi + 2 proper wingers in attack, not Cex
- Intense pressing in Milan's half, similar like we pressed Athletic Club on Saturday
- Switching between high and low tempo
- Being concentrated at the beginning of the game, we usually tends to sleep during first 15 minutes. That can't happen tomorrow, because if Milan scores first, they will park an airplane.
- No less than 4 or 5 players in the final third when in posession
- Shoot when given a bit of space, don't try to walk with the ball in the net. SHOOT
- Players need to be clinical in finishing. They need to stop thinking 'yeah, we will create another chances, we will score anyway', they need to put in a prime Van Nistelrooy mode and finish chances like a beast
- Referee who won't be afraid to give stonewall penalty or red card
- LUCK

I would start this team:

VV - Alves - Masche - Pique - Puyol - Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta - Sanchez - Messi - Tello/Cuenca/Pedro/Adriano (I would start one of first 3, but I think Pep may opt for even Adriano in the attack in this game)

LW spot is the only doubt in my mind. Xavi need sto play on painkillers, this game is too important to save him. I fear Pep will start Keita in midfield and Iniesta as a winger, if that will happen, we are going out.

Last edited by matpol on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:34 pm

Valdes
Dani Alves - Pique - Machete - Puyol
Busquets
Keita - Cesc
Sanchez - Messi - Iniesta

My predicted lineup banana
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Se7en wrote:
Valdes
Dani Alves - Pique - Machete - Puyol
Busquets
Keita - Cesc
Sanchez - Messi - Iniesta

My predicted lineup banana

[Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan - Page 6 Gallery_83989_34767_13866101784c036b943f758

Last edited by matpol on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:47 pm

Keita didn't play vs. Bilbao.

And no Xavi since he is injured.

Keita and Cesc in the midfield banana
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:00 pm

meh,i think xavi will play.i have no idea abut keita though since were talking about pep
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:33 pm

Keita wont start, dont get your hopes up people.

Only played becuase it was an away leg, at home he wont play anything but the last 15 or whatever.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Well, let's hope so. If Cesc and Xavi would be considered unfit on the day, our fearless warrior from Mali might yet again grace the plains with his precense. No, but really, we need Xaviesta on this thing. And I really hope we aren't playing Puyi as a LB.

EDIT: Damn, I'm nervous. bounce
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:43 pm

If those two are missing..Thiago and Iniesta plase..heck, I would rather Thiago than Cesc but it is what is is.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:45 pm

I will be taking a test tomorrow during the match, so i will be unable to watch. I was unable to watch last time as well, a bad omen? hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:47 pm

I also hope you guys dont play puyol as LB lol as someone said,we were always 2 vs 3.

About Keita,idk if pep will go conservative or attack,he knows we have enough fire power to score 1 or maybe even 2 goals and still defend well.

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Ganso wrote:I also hope you guys dont play puyol as LB lol as someone said,we were always 2 vs 3.

About Keita,idk if pep will go conservative or attack,he knows we have enough fire power to score 1 or maybe even 2 goals and still defend well.

This is not a game we need to draw, it is is a game we need to win. Every draw = losing, except for the 0-0 which ends up in undesirable overtime. Pep knows this like everyone does. So I assume he will not make the same mistake twice.

The gloves need to come off, sparkes need to fly. Messi should be all like...
[Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan - Page 6 Chang-gotthis

Boom, goals.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:28 am

I have a feeling Xavi will be able to play. Pep knows what's best for the team and I'm confident he'll get it right this time. Not too concerned about our back 4. Preferably Iniesta and Xavi in midfield but if Xavi can't make it, Thiago and Cesc are great too. As long as Iniesta isn't wasted on the wing and we properly utilise width by getting Sanchez and Pedro/Cuenca/Adri staying wide.

Iniesta to star, Messi to score and the Flash to come on late and cause havoc.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:50 am

A CL night in April? We are going to be all over Milan. Just watch!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:01 am

matpol wrote:Keys to victory in my humble and respectful opinion
- 4-3-3 with Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta in the midfield, not Mr. Humility in the midfield or Iniesta as a winger
- Messi + 2 proper wingers in attack, not Cex
- Intense pressing in Milan's half, similar like we pressed Athletic Club on Saturday
- Switching between high and low tempo
- Being concentrated at the beginning of the game, we usually tends to sleep during first 15 minutes. That can't happen tomorrow, because if Milan scores first, they will park an airplane.
- No less than 4 or 5 players in the final third when in posession
- Shoot when given a bit of space, don't try to walk with the ball in the net. SHOOT
- Players need to be clinical in finishing. They need to stop thinking 'yeah, we will create another chances, we will score anyway', they need to put in a prime Van Nistelrooy mode and finish chances like a beast

- Referee who won't be afraid to give stonewall penalty or red card
- LUCK

Best post I've read on here for a while. Just pointing out above things:

I don't think Barcelona's problem is shooting. The problem is the team being overly-reliant on Messi to score. Almost as if even when players are in good position to score they are still looking for Messi. Also Barcelona don't have many players who are renown for being good distance shooters. In every team you'll find at least 4, but not in Barcelona. You got Messi, Dani and Pedro. I think Xavi does some neat freekicks but he is a placement type than screamer type. And all of them are quite inconsistent too (apart from Messi).

Last edited by danyjr on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : avoid confusion)
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:04 am

It really wasn't but OK...

BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:22 am

No offence to matpol, because I liked his post overall but the best post on here was "finish your chances"...whats next, the sky the blue?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:34 am

its usually grey in england Razz
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:37 am

The Franchise wrote:No offence to matpol, because I liked his post overall but the best post on here was "finish your chances"...whats next, the sky the blue?

Exactly, if he found that to be the best thing he's read on here he's seriously missing something. We have loads of great posters on here.

Matpol's post was good though.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next