Is Marcelo better than RC3 at going forward? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Is Marcelo better than RC3 at going forward?

+10
Valkyrja
white_star
EarlyPrototype
Ganso
Mamad
hrealmadrid
teza1992
guest7
Zealous
Adit
14 posters

Go down

Is Marcelo better than RC3 at going forward? Empty Is Marcelo better than RC3 at going forward?

Post by Adit Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:35 pm

RC3 is arguably top 3 best Left wing backs the game has ever seen,and here is our little gem Marcelo who has a completely different style of play.

Marcelo definitely is the best dribbling wing back i have ever seen.He is by far the best dribbler in Madrid and he is also top 3 in la liga at successful dribbling % i heard.Now coming onto the point do you think he is better than RC3 at going forward?

Not saying Marcelo currently is better player of course,he has alot to prove.but just the specific area.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Is Marcelo better than RC3 at going forward? Empty Re: Is Marcelo better than RC3 at going forward?

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Not yet imo. Roberto's shots and link up were something else.

But more importantly his overlapping runs made such a huge impact on our game.

Having said that Marcelo is slowly but surely reaching that level of impact.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Is Marcelo better than RC3 at going forward? Empty Re: Is Marcelo better than RC3 at going forward?

Post by guest7 Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:40 pm

His offensive statistics are so good that they can actually be compared to Iniesta.

He is averaging more & similair key passes, passes, dribbling and long balls per game more/like Iniesta.

That's sick for a LB.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Funny thing is that Alexis Sanchez who is portrayed as the next best dribbler after messi has only 13 dribbles whole season in La liga while Marcelo has 46 already playing as LB.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by teza1992 Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Hmm debatable I do think Marcelo is quiet possibly the 2nd best dribbler in la liga after messi and does add a new dimension to our game.
Getting into the final third consistantly yes he's probably better that RC3 at that, but his crosses/decision making isn't good enough.

I don't think he'll ever reach RC3's level, but you never know. He'll defo be our starting lb for the next 5years.

Coentrao can do one-I want jaw dropping orga*mic entertainment! Very Happy
teza1992
teza1992
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Adit wrote:Funny thing is that Alexis Sanchez who is portrayed as the next best dribbler after messi has only 13 dribbles whole season in La liga while Marcelo has 46 already playing as LB.

:bow:
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Marcelo lacks speed. technically he is goat.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:07 pm

you guys underrate Marcelo's vision and crossing.maybe hes not the best crosser but he sprays some great passes,specially to CR.Just look at yesterday's game
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:32 pm

He just doesn't have the same power of Roberto Carlos. Marcelo is a better dribbler though and he does have a great left foot too.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:09 pm

I wouldn't compare Marcelo to Carols, because Carlos was just an insane fullback. Marcelo to me is one of or the best lb playing today. He is my favorite player for madrid. He will get better defensively and will be a Madrid legend.

I love how he goes forward its a pleasure to watch.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Different styles, same level IMO. Overall RC3 was better, but Marcelo is very young and has time to reach that level.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:20 am

Marcelo is fast.. lacks speed? lol maybe compared to CR
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:25 am

Definitely better than CR going forward.Carlos? Not too sure.Nilton santos of the future.(if he improves defensively) :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:49 am

If you played Marcelo in a 5 man backline (Madrid and Brasil) with two wing backs he would be on his was to RC3 fame imo.

RC3 dominated because the tactics suited his style and allowed him the freedom to literally tear teams apart.

When RC3 was forced to defend as part of a 4 man backline he started to falter (even the start of his career at Inter)

I think for as young as Marcelo is he has a huge future ahead of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:50 am

I feel left back isnt really the position he should be playing.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:01 am

stunt wrote:I feel left back isnt really the position he should be playing.

good thing he doesn't then

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:30 am

Adit wrote:Funny thing is that Alexis Sanchez who is portrayed as the next best dribbler after messi has only 13 dribbles whole season in La liga while Marcelo has 46 already playing as LB.

Yeah umm, something to point out!

Next best dribbler after Messi? I don't think so, it's a consensus not only among Barca members but everyone alike that it would be Iniesta. Perhaps Alexis third but that leads me into my next point.

Alexis is a great dribbler, we have seen that at Udinese (admittedly I didn't watch much of him but going by youtube clips and by the opinion of most people that statement is not false)- however coming to Barca...something changed. Everyone in the Barca forum can notice it- he doesn't dribble much.

He's starting to more and we like that fact, but his initial impact at the club has not been one of dribbling at all- in fact the stats do back that up, his dribbling has been almost non existent.

So while picking Alexis for your statistics argument making Marcelo look very good- it doesn't work in the context of the situation- Alexis dribbling at a very sub-standard level (Cuenca dribbles more when he plays...).

That being said, still an impressive statistic.

And he's not at RC3 level yet, no way. Maybe in the future.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down