Be/\/ceCALI
RealGunner
Jay29
aleumdance
BAYERN_MUNICH
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Podolski goes to Arsenal, almost fix - Page 3 Empty Re: Podolski goes to Arsenal, almost fix

Post by Babun Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Lex wrote:Wenger secretly building an all German Arsenal squad, so Klopp can swiftly take the reigns when Wenger calls it a day

Like the jade monkey, road maps and ice scraper, it's all falling into place....

Podolski goes to Arsenal, almost fix - Page 3 Mr_Burns_150x176
Lex unveiled the master plan :bow:

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Podolski goes to Arsenal, almost fix - Page 3 Empty Re: Podolski goes to Arsenal, almost fix

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:08 pm

Favre > Kloppo :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:29 pm

I must say, this is one of the stranger twists in this potential transfer saga. For one, it's been reported by Bild, whom I have never heard of and cannot therefore make a judgement on the validity. Second, it's late February... that seems an odd time to be focusing on potential transfers for the summer, especially for a team fighting for a CL spot and CL knockout stage commitments. Third, it's supposedly only an agreement for personal terms, meaning that the clubs themselves either haven't had contact or cannot agree to their terms (see Tevez saga and how many clubs agreed to personal terms. I swear every day his demands seemed to dimish until I'm pretty sure he agreed to play for a Cherry Cola and a pack of gum if they could pry him away from ManCity. But I digress...) Fourth, and finally, I have trouble seeing Arsenal sealing this deal at all.

Honestly, I don't see Arsenal buying "Goaldolski" without the loss of Van Persie. I may be wrong, and I don't meean to troll, but look at the current squad. On the wings you have Gervinho, Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain. That's not bad, and it's only going to get better. I admit Walcott has disappeared at times, but he is a long-term project and has been a semi-regular in the England set-up since the 2010 World Cup. Moreover, he has not had the support from midfield that he has been used to in previous seasons. Gervinho is a wonderful player, and though he hasn't scored as much as hoped, he is creating chances, and he's chipped in with a few odd goals. The Ox looks to be the future of the wings at Arsenal. He looks like a meatier Henry at times. Though I'm not an Arsenal fan per se, I have to admit that I love watching this kid, and I cannot believe what he is capable of at only 18.

Because of the wing set-up currently at the club, I can only see Podolski coming in as a replacement for Van Persie. The few times I've watched him (Podolski) play, his playing style reminded me of RVP. He even looks somewhat like RVP. I'm not saying that Podolski wouldn't fit well into the team and boost the level of performance. I'm jsut saying I have trouble seeing Wenger splash that cash for a player that would usurp one of his youth "projects." I could be way off the mark, and you are well within your rights to tell me that. I'm just contributing my thoughts on the matter.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:26 pm

BILD is an infamous German tabloid that supposedly interviews dead bodies, if necessary Very Happy

If you have never heard of them, more power to you. They are of the same ilk as The SUN, Daily Fail etc.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:29 pm

rwo power wrote:BILD is an infamous German tabloid that supposedly interviews dead bodies, if necessary Very Happy

If you have never heard of them, more power to you. They are of the same ilk as The SUN, Daily Fail etc.

:vagi:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:49 pm

I wouldnt want either hazard or ox as an AM. I would prefer

----song--arteta
--------jack
hazard-------ox
--------rvp

banana
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:53 pm

BILD is Europe's largest news paper (what a sad, sad fact) and a right-wing scumbag tabloid (the right-wing is seperate from the scumbag thing, there's decent right-wing papers, like the FAZ) - they reporting on sports doesn't necessarily mean it's a lie, they just jump on every rumor in the hopes on getting the scoop on something every once in a while.

Solbakkens statements however, make this seem more likely. Podolski and Arsenal agreeing on personal terms means, as I understand it, that Podolski has accepted their offer in terms of contract duration and wages, and is satisfied with the role he'd be having in his new team - what hasn't happened, however, when you read of "personal terms", is the two clubs agreeing on the transfer fee.

If this is all true, that's all that is missing.

And the Solbakken quotes seem to be real, they're going through the German mainstream media as well.

Also, if Wenger is smart, he's buying Podolski for LM or as a false 9, but most likely for the left wing.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:14 pm

BILD exclusive football news are very often true, that's the reason why almost all more serious sport newspapers/websites quote them in such cases.

btw: SkySportsNewsHD are currently reporting about this
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:22 pm

They are also very often not true, though. While if something's on Kicker, it's happening.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Why wouldn't Podolski want to join Arsenal and stay in and get relegated? Very Happy

The reason Arsenal are trying to sign him now if he goes and has a great tourney the price will go up and more teams will fight to sign him. Very Happy

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:12 pm

donttreadonred wrote: For one, it's been reported by Bild, whom I have never heard of

Neutral
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:17 pm

As i said, the sport section from BILD is most times well informed, I don't remember many transfers they predicted which didn't happen.

The latest example is the Reus transfer ,which bild preidcted a few days before the other sport platforms.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:26 pm

I think this could happen I saw some reports in the polish news but they might just be copying the German reports.

Podolski joining Arsenal would be good for him as I feel his talent is being wasted in Koln.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Bild where the first to report Reus to Dortmund and Shaqiri to Bayern. They're nowhere near for example DailyMail or The Sun for faking news.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:39 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Bild where the first to report Reus to Dortmund and Shaqiri to Bayern. They're nowhere near for example DailyMail or The Sun for faking news.
Uh. BILD is very much known for faking news, albeit probably less in the sports area. But overall this tabloid is a concoction of lies and half-truths most of the time, targetted on forming opinions for lesser educated people.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:41 pm

Rwo is going to become an Arsenal sympathiser/follower/enthusiast banana
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Well, Arsenal have quite a cool keeper in Szczesny ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:59 pm

rwo power wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Bild where the first to report Reus to Dortmund and Shaqiri to Bayern. They're nowhere near for example DailyMail or The Sun for faking news.
Uh. BILD is very much known for faking news, albeit probably less in the sports area. But overall this tabloid is a concoction of lies and half-truths most of the time, targetted on forming opinions for lesser educated people.

I agree, but not regarding transfer news. I follow their transfer predictions since they were the first to announce the ribery/klose to bayern deal, and there was just a small ammount false since then
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:42 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:
rwo power wrote:

I agree, but not regarding transfer news. I follow their transfer predictions since they were the first to announce the ribery/klose to bayern deal, and there was just a small ammount false since then

Even a broken clock is right twice a day (unless you rip off the hands)...

Even a blind man can hit a target if you give him enough ammunition...
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:16 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:
rwo power wrote:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day (unless you rip off the hands)...

Even a blind man can hit a target if you give him enough ammunition...

Daily-mail is reporting Liverpool will outbid Arsenal for Podolski. There is reports what ever Arsenal are offering Liverpool will double that.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Daily-mail is reporting Liverpool will outbid Arsenal for Podolski. There is reports what ever Arsenal are offering Liverpool will double that.
I'm sorry my club is trolling you. I must admit, that I do find it hilarious, if true.

Honestly, I think he fits our weaknesses more than Arsenal's (see my original post for the reasoning behind this). We need an attacking RW to replace the aging Dutch wonder that is Kuyt (seriously... did you see his goal against Cardiff?). Hendo isn't that player, and he wasn't bought to be that. He is a CM at heart and is more of a long-term partner for Adam/Lucas. Bellamy has been a revelation on the left wing (pushing Downing to right), but he is not a long term option. I could actually see us accepting a decent bid for either Kuyt or Bellamy in the summer. Even if they are around next season, they will not have a regular starting role.

Personally, I would be ecstatic if we signed Podolski.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Who wouldn't be extatic if they signed Podolski?

That being said, he's almost never played on the right. Left or as a second striker.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:49 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Daily-mail is reporting Liverpool will outbid Arsenal for Podolski. There is reports what ever Arsenal are offering Liverpool will double that.
I'm sorry my club is trolling you. I must admit, that I do find it hilarious, if true.

Honestly, I think he fits our weaknesses more than Arsenal's (see my original post for the reasoning behind this). We need an attacking RW to replace the aging Dutch wonder that is Kuyt (seriously... did you see his goal against Cardiff?). Hendo isn't that player, and he wasn't bought to be that. He is a CM at heart and is more of a long-term partner for Adam/Lucas. Bellamy has been a revelation on the left wing (pushing Downing to right), but he is not a long term option. I could actually see us accepting a decent bid for either Kuyt or Bellamy in the summer. Even if they are around next season, they will not have a regular starting role.

Personally, I would be ecstatic if we signed Podolski.

I was making it up, sorry. eco smile

But I agree Liverpool need him more than we do. You guys have a scoring problem and I hope on Sunday you have the same problem for one more game. drinking

I just dont get how Podolski is not being watched by more team who would go to the distance to sign him. I believe he is worth more than 20 million and I am hearing they would take 12to 15 million. I think we bid around 7 million. 🔒
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:16 pm

It's not just Arsenal.

Lazio and Schalke 04 are after him too, not sure about Liverpool.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:I wouldnt want either hazard or ox as an AM. I would prefer

----song--arteta
--------jack
hazard-------ox
--------rvp

banana

wilshere isn't an AM though, i'm guessing you're a victim of the 'wilshere's a creative genius hype'. he's missed a whole year and hasn't played that position at senior level yet. even if he were put in that position there's no guarantee he'll be effective early on....

and every other club needs to back off of Godolski. Arsenal is his destiny.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:23 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I was making it up, sorry. eco smile

But I agree Liverpool need him more than we do. You guys have a scoring problem and I hope on Sunday you have the same problem for one more game. drinking

I just dont get how Podolski is not being watched by more team who would go to the distance to sign him. I believe he is worth more than 20 million and I am hearing they would take 12to 15 million. I think we bid around 7 million. 🔒
Podolski goes to Arsenal, almost fix - Page 3 2276801876 You sir, are a jerk.

As for Wilshere, I would guess you will see this formation once he returnsL
-------Song - Wilshere
Gervinho - Arteta - Walcott/Ox
----------Van Persie

You will probably see Arteta shine in this role more than as a true CM. If memory serves me right, this is where he spent most of his time for Everton and is where he earned the reputation that caught Wenger's attention.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next