Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas?

+11
ronalessi
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
The Franchise
Zealous
SoloInter
El Chelsea Fuerte
OLpower
TalkingReckless
EarlyPrototype
BarcaLearning
donttreadonred
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Predict Villas-Boas' future at Chelsea

Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas? Vote_lcap55%Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas? Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 11 ]
Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas? Vote_lcap20%Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas? Vote_lcap20%Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas? Vote_lcap5%Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 20

Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas? Empty Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas?

Post by donttreadonred Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Following a a rather unimpressive display against championship side Birghmingham, the hot-seat at Stamford Bridge must now be absolutely scalding. Granted, the squad managed to pull together in the second half to spare the club the indignation of being knocked out of the tournament. However, it seems that something must change in order to lift the squad if they want to make it into the last Champions League position. With Roman Abromovich's unsettling penchant for micro-management and managerial change, the firing of the gaffer can never be completely ruled out. Ergo, I have created this poll to assess the general feeling on AVB's fate? Do you think he will be around a year from now, 6 months from now, after the season or even in two weeks time?

Weigh in with your opinion and your reasons for holding it. Be sure to add who you feel will replace him, if he is sacked.

(BTW, I'm not trying to offend Chelsea supporters with the poll options. I'm merely listing potential reasons for sacking.In fact, I think Chelsea has the best odds of any English team to win the Champions League this season. Laughing )
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas? Empty Re: Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas?

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:36 pm

Not sure which, but certainly he wont be sacked b4 the summer...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas? Empty Re: Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas?

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Gonna stay on.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:27 pm

chelsea need to make alot of changes in the summer and AVB isn't one of them
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:31 pm

They could keep him, however, it will be hard if the players turn on him.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Roman would be an idiot to sack him before next season regardless of how this season finishes. Villas-Boas should be judged in his third season trophywise, next season he should be judged by the new players he brings in and how he molds them together.

Anyways I can't say what will happen if Chelsea don't finish Top 4, lets hope Arsenal continue choking.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloInter Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:25 pm

he ll stay for another season
SoloInter
SoloInter
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:29 pm

He should stay he's clearly not incompetent which you would have to be in order to be sacked imo. However I do think that AVB thinks he's smarter than he actually is.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:48 pm

He will be there next season.

If they finish 4th, they going to have to do major work in the window. At least 2-3 starters and a couple bench players for me.

If they finish 5th, then I think they will have a better league chance if they dont do enough transfer market stuff. But if they do finish that lower they could have trouble getting the players they want.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:If they finish 5th, then I think they will have a better league chance if they dont do enough transfer market stuff. But if they do finish that lower they could have trouble getting the players they want.

We'll have trouble getting most of the players we want if we don't have CL next season. Also we'll lose CL revenue meaning less money to spend.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:51 pm

It would be moronic to sack him considering how much they had to pay in compensation to get him in the first place. That money could of bought a couple of world class players to the team.

But then it is Romans club.

If they sack him though who can they get to replace him. It will probably mean spending another few million in compensation to get another manager to leave a club and take over.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 pm

He'll get one more chance.

Spoiler:
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 pm

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:
The Franchise wrote:If they finish 5th, then I think they will have a better league chance if they dont do enough transfer market stuff. But if they do finish that lower they could have trouble getting the players they want.

We'll have trouble getting most of the players we want if we don't have CL next season. Also we'll lose CL revenue meaning less money to spend.

Well it depends on who you want. Adra, Falcao, Jose Enrique, Pirlo and Vidal all went to teams without CL football.

No CL money? Tell Roman to pay up, thats what he there for isnt it?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:08 am

The Franchise wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:

Well it depends on who you want. Adra, Falcao, Jose Enrique, Pirlo and Vidal all went to teams without CL football.

No CL money? Tell Roman to pay up, thats what he there for isnt it?

I was talking about guys like Moura or Hazard. Chelsea need a WC AM if they don't want this form to continue.

FFP says hello. Right now Chelsea will comfortably finish within the FFP boundaries based on the calculations of multiple blog sites, but a lot of that depends on CL. If they don't finish in the Top 4 then I think they'll lose £40m of revenue which will make it very hard to build a new team, even if they still manage to meet FFP regulations (which I think they still would because the rules have clauses, which, if the club can meet them, would see them being forgiven for reporting losses higher than the highest amount possible). On the positive side, it will probably force Roman to keep Villas-Boas even if he doesn't want to Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:20 am

I disagree. Mata for me is the guy you need in that position, its a real winger you need. Along with other things.

Personally I think you can get players you need even if your out of the top 4, but you guys may have different targets than I have in mind so lets see.

FFP? Not only do I not understand all the different regualtions in it, but I just saw Atletico spend a substancial amount of money on Falcao and Arda alone without the CL.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:48 am

A top-4 finish - AVB stays
Finish lower than that - AVB adios
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:56 am

Mata is a winger yes but evidently he's much more than that.Silva was a winger as well for a while.

I actually think they could use someone who can blance him off on the opposite side, Sturridge would be able to do more accute work in the centre instead of doing horsework on the wings......(situation a bit similar to the one Walcott finds himself in currently).I don't like Ramires though, but that seems to be just me.

Something like

..................Essien.........Ramires/Obi Mikel......
Hazzard...............................................Mata
.........................Sturridge.................
....................................Torres/Falcao............................

Essien may never return to form, neither may Torres, so I'm not sure how realistic it is but i'll say this it remidinds me of the Euro 08 Spain tam I love so much.

I think Obi Mikel is a better player than he's thought of.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:49 am

i said it when they ditched anchelotti, avb will last till the end of the season if he is luckyyy.

whether he lasts till the end we dont know but one thing is for sure he wont be there next season
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:00 am

Le Samourai wrote:Mata is a winger yes but evidently he's much more than that.Silva was a winger as well for a while.

I actually think they could use someone who can blance him off on the opposite side, Sturridge would be able to do more accute work in the centre instead of doing horsework on the wings......(situation a bit similar to the one Walcott finds himself in currently).I don't like Ramires though, but that seems to be just me.

Something like

..................Essien.........Ramires/Obi Mikel......
Hazzard...............................................Mata
.........................Sturridge.................
....................................Torres/Falcao............................

Essien may never return to form, neither may Torres, so I'm not sure how realistic it is but i'll say this it remidinds me of the Euro 08 Spain tam I love so much.

I think Obi Mikel is a better player than he's thought of.

No width and no deep midfield passer, not really liking it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:07 am

I dunno who could play next to him.

Essien is a good enough passer to be in the team,Ramirs I suppse likewise....I could slot Lampard there but I don't think it makes sense , same with Mierles.

They could possibly shell out more for another signing......Borja Valero lol, I really don't know whom exactly.

Main difference here is I have Essien there instead of Xavi.Other than that width isn't a problem for me, they have more than enough invention and more importantly balance in this lineup. + the full backs provide width.

Ahh yes I remember now....What About David Luiz in the centre?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:42 am

I dont think so, Chelsea already suffer a lack of a passer in the midfield and thats when they use Raul M, who is considerably a better passer than Essien. I see that team getting broken into 2 without any connection from the back 4 to the attack.

The width to me is a problem, both sides are going to come in towards goal and the congestion in there will be epic. Torres and Daniel will have to run down the sides and that takes away their goal threat. Their fullbacks are Ivanovic and Cole, Cole who is declining, I dont see too much effective width coming from there.

I like David Luiz at the back, moving him into midfield wouldnt work I would guess. You would be freeing him of defensive responsibilty and that will lead to foolish runs forward and not protecting the space. Also, he is more of a dribbler than a passer, not something you want in that position.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:51 am

Predict the future: What will happen to Villas-Boas? 300px-ESP-ITA_2008-06-22.svg

Here's the basic Spain lineup at Euro 08.You see what i'm getting at right.

Sahin would probably be ideal.

Sturridge would just play his Natural game IMO...he moves where the space is, it frees him up very nicely.

Both Fullbacks overlap well enough , at least they give them the option....which is more than can be said for many.Both have a great cross as well.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:00 am

Chelsea really dont have the fullbacks or the passers for that.

Perhaps they can sign them, I dont know. But currently constructed im not seeing it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:11 am

Fullbacks are ok.....obviously none can ever dream of comparing to Ramos, but that's an unrealistic dream for any fullback, too high a standard. Very Happy

They need one passer in midfield,I refuse to believe they can't get a single passer.They even have Romeu and mierles there as decent backups.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:17 am

Ivanovic is a centerback, he has no attacking instincts at all. Cole is decling, I dont think he can go forward at the rate he used to while still defending as well. Its either one or the other. Cole you can do on one side, but Ivanvic is a no no if your team is lacking width.

Passers are hard to come by my friend, especially one who dont have major flaws in their games elsewhere.

Name them, I bet nearly all the available ones have some kind of big flaws.

I think Javi Martinez would be great for them though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next