dmize
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Albiceleste
Le Samourai
la bestia negra
54 posters

Page 36 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 2 - Page 36 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 2

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:39 pm

OK, so I said give me time, and I think I'm ready to rate NWTS. I give it a rating of 8.5/10 (it might still change over time)

So yeah I say Nothing Was the Same >>> Born Sinner.
Nothing Was the Same = Best Album of the Year so far.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 2 - Page 36 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 2

Post by Yeezus Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:32 am

Pusha's Album so far. Great. Enjoying it.

October 15. Come already.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Nice

good interview with Pusha

drops knowledge on Future haters

edit: new Cam mixtape too :bow:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:00 pm

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Two top 10 rappers on one track:

(DMX goes effing HAM on the chorus, love it)

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:00 pm

That Future song on GTA 5 :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:51 am

dmize wrote:

Nice

good interview with Pusha

drops knowledge on Future haters

edit: new Cam mixtape too :bow:
One of my top 5 fave rappers easily.. Nobody raps like him Proud

Need to sit down and listen to the whole album soon
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:27 pm

:bow: Shad

http://music.cbc.ca/#/blogs/2013/10/Shad-and-Strombos-track-by-track-guide-to-Flying-Colours

His album comes out next week, however you can hear it all via this link. It's basically a track by track guide (with interview) about his new record.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:56 pm

M99 wrote:That Future song on GTA 5 :bow:
m99 pls..
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:41 am

It is one of the best songs on that rap channel though.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:42 am

Game "Operation Kill Everything" mixtape dropped earlier

Just got it gonna give it a listen

edit:

i lol'd at the track name

The Official Rap Thread part 2 - Page 36 Dj2
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:09 am

The Game is one rapper I just can't stand.. All he does is drop names over and over on almost every *bleep* track he does.. I don't mean dissing people, just blah blah blah like (insert name here) or they thought I was (insert name here)
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Namedropping for me doesn't take away from his rapping ability, seems like it's something people who never liked Game say because you can't really hate on the quality of his music. He doesn't even do it as much either.

Documentary had namedrops, still a classic. DA did too and that's another great album.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Swagg wrote:The Game is one rapper I just can't stand.. All he does is drop names over and over on almost every *bleep* track he does.. I don't mean dissing people, just blah blah blah like (insert name here) or they thought I was (insert name here)
I lol'd at this Very Happy
Not that you're wrong. You are right, he sure does love to namedrop.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:54 am

dmize wrote:Namedropping for me doesn't take away from his rapping ability, seems like it's something people who never liked Game say because you can't really hate on the quality of his music. He doesn't even do it as much either.

Documentary had namedrops, still a classic. DA did too and that's another great album.
The whole G-Unit thing did rub me the wrong way, but that's another story.. I can look past that when it comes to just judging his music though

I don't see anything in his rapping ability tbh.. He's regular, no swag/charisma, no anything really.. I thought at the most he was 4th best in G-Unit, 50, Banks and Buck were all better than him.. To each his own though, I like certain rappers that others don't like and so forth so its whatever
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:43 pm

You just said Buck is better than Game. You just implied Buck is better than anyone.

To each his own, sure, but after the Documentary, Doctor's Advocate, hell even R.E.D was good, some say LAX was iffy but I'll throw it up there, and Buck? Straight Outta Cashville and Buck the World? Just putting Game's discography up against his is enough to put this to bed.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:37 pm

Yeah, Straight Outta Cashville is probably the only one that holds up imo. Might be overating it but I think that's close to a classic album along with Banks' HFM. BTW was pretty good.

The thing is I can't really say anyone from G-Unit is better than him. They all have fallen off while Game is still doing his thing. Lyrically I think Banks is better but overall no. He's also the single person most responsible for ending G-Unit. Of course, Jada, Styles, Nas, Cam were all big parts too.

There's a reason Game is still dropping albums, mixtapes, while 50 cent can't even get an album out. Yayo and Buck are irrelevant these days, and Banks has been hit or miss. I probably overrate him a bit but even back then I liked him the most outta of the five.

edit: as far as "swag" that's under opinion but when you beat a former GUnit members ass(40 glocc) with one hand while recording on your iPhone with the other, that's a little swagged out to me. Laughing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:01 am

'Straight out of Cashville' was better than anything the game put out imo.. 50 practically made 'The Documentary' also.. During the G-Unit era he was putting out the weakest music

The Unit did fall off but that happens to all groups eventually.. 50 could drop an album anytime he wants and still outsell The Game tbh, he's just moved on to other ventures

Buck went downhill, in and out of jail and shit.. Yayo was always meh.. Banks' mixtape series' and albums are still dope when he chooses to drop them.. He can rip The Game a new one in the booth all day any day
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:57 am

Key word then, 'imo'

Because not many will agree with you there let alone use 'swag' as criteria around which to base your argument. Banks, 50 and Game are on the same level imo. Buck, Yayo, 40 Glocc and whoever else ended up on G-Unit after Game's departure are the bottom feeders.

Takes some serious hating to deny Game every album he's put out after Documentary and to believe 50 really did everything on the Documentary anyway.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:46 pm

What's wrong with using swag to judge a rapper? When you're basic lyrically, swag can help a lot

50 did practically make 'The Documentary', do your research..

Edit: I'll get you started young grasshopper: http://www.thisis50.com/forum/topics/proof-that-50-cent-wrote-game-s-album-the-documentary
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:22 pm

I said 50 didn't do everything, not anything. I'm aware of his heavy influence over the album and the fact that Game was still able to put out quality records after their feud is a testament to his ability.

Nah, I accept charisma but if you're going to throw the word swag up there then define it.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:12 pm

MJGunner wrote:I said 50 didn't do everything, not anything. I'm aware of his heavy influence over the album and the fact that Game was still able to put out quality records after their feud is a testament to his ability.

Nah, I accept charisma but if you're going to throw the word swag up there then define it.
Charisma + style :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:32 pm

Very scientific.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Swagg wrote:'Straight out of Cashville' was better than anything the game put out imo.. 50 practically made 'The Documentary' also.. During the G-Unit era he was putting out the weakest music

The Unit did fall off but that happens to all groups eventually.. 50 could drop an album anytime he wants and still outsell The Game tbh, he's just moved on to other ventures

Buck went downhill, in and out of jail and shit.. Yayo was always meh.. Banks' mixtape series' and albums are still dope when he chooses to drop them.. He can rip The Game a new one in the booth all day any day
Nah. As far as G-Unit albums: GRoDT > Documentary > SOC = HFM >>> Yayo's weedplate album.

Saying he was putting out the weakest music is just plain untrue.

Just put Games catalog against any of those dudes, even 50. He doesn't have a single bad album. 50 has two and you could argue that the Massacre was poor as well. Game's got three #1 BillBoard albums(Doc, DA, RED), 50 only has two(GRoDT, Massacre). Before I Self Destruct was absolutely awful.

And no he can't outsell Game anymore. What did BISD sell?
"The numbers are in and they are not pretty. 50 Cent's much-delayed and hyped Before I Self Destruct sold a shocking 159,700 copies"

rofl from 1.5 milly to 150k. How the mighty fell.

He had a single with Eminem and the dude from Maroon 5 and he still couldn't get enough buzz to get an album out Laughing The guy is finished.

Mixtapes is where Game really owns them though:

You Know What It Is Vol.3
You Know What It Is Vol.4
Ghost Unit
Stop Snitchin Stop Lyin
Red Room
Brake Lights
Purp & Patron
Hoodmorning
California Republic
Operation Kill Everything

Not a single bad mixtape there. I can't even recall the last good 50 mixtape, maybe War Angel and that was 09. And Banks past few years has one good mixtape in V6, everything else has been underwhelming.

I should also mention the countless diss songs that clearly rattle GUnits cage: 300 Bars, 120 Bars, 240 Bars, SoundScan, Body Bags, Don't Body Yourself with Nas, Kiss Your Ass Goodbye with DBlock, Red Bandana, Poison Bananas, I could keep going.

edit: and the 50 cent created the Documentary is such a copout imo. He had influence on two songs yet he acts like he did the whole thing, and he clearly didn't. The proof of this is the very next album he dropped was great. 50 is so insecure.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:39 pm

what a track :bow:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:44 pm

The Yayo album sucked but still had a couple hot tracks:

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next