Iceman
Raptorgunner
Quinten Metsys
57 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 35 Empty Re: Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by SamuelJayC Thu May 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Rafael Van der Vaart reveals to Dutch website that Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen is close to joining Tottenham - http://t.co/uIMFaZUx

Van der Vaart - "I think it's a close deal (Vertonghen joining Spurs). I know there are conversations. If he is smart, he'll join us." #thfc

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu May 03, 2012 11:44 pm

0.00001-% of chances i believe spuds are dream club for Ajax player of the year Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri May 04, 2012 12:05 am

Who's f*cking dream is it to play for a team who pisses away an 11 point advantage?

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri May 04, 2012 4:08 am

I'm not worried if he goes to Spuds, even Bobby Moore would turn to shit playing under 'Arrys system
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri May 04, 2012 11:30 am

Him saying ' If he's smart he'll join us ' makes me less inclined to believe that he's 'close'.

And what Lex said.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 04, 2012 11:53 am

Wenger on the "second part of signings"

“[We want to make early signings] if possible, yes,” he told Arsenal Player. “We wanted at least one target to be sorted out early.

“Now we are in a position where the second part of our signings will be to take care of the players who are injured and to get them back for the start of next season.

“I think of course about Jack Wilshere, and about Abou Diaby. Per Mertesacker I think will be ready at the start of next season. Then, if you look at our squad, we have quite a big one and before we buy again we have to look at how many players we will have.

Wenger concedes that another swift deal may have to wait until the futures of some of the Club’s other stars are concluded.

“I don't exclude it but we have to respect that [25-man squad] number,” said the Frenchman. “That is a big problem for every club and before you go out on the transfer market you have to see how you cope with the 25 players.”

-------------------------------

Looks like Jack Wilshere and Abou Diaby will be our "second part of signings".
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Geee Fri May 04, 2012 12:02 pm

Oh well that rules out the Vertonghen rumors ... at least untill he gets rid of Squallici and Djourou.
Geee
Geee
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri May 04, 2012 1:12 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Wenger on the "second part of signings"

“[We want to make early signings] if possible, yes,” he told Arsenal Player. “We wanted at least one target to be sorted out early.

“Now we are in a position where the second part of our signings will be to take care of the players who are injured and to get them back for the start of next season.

“I think of course about Jack Wilshere, and about Abou Diaby. Per Mertesacker I think will be ready at the start of next season. Then, if you look at our squad, we have quite a big one and before we buy again we have to look at how many players we will have.

Wenger concedes that another swift deal may have to wait until the futures of some of the Club’s other stars are concluded.

“I don't exclude it but we have to respect that [25-man squad] number,” said the Frenchman. “That is a big problem for every club and before you go out on the transfer market you have to see how you cope with the 25 players.”

-------------------------------

Looks like Jack Wilshere and Abou Diaby will be our "second part of signings".

no all he said was that we have to sell before we can buy more, which he is completely right about. ill be way happy if we get rid of our deadwood fast.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 04, 2012 4:40 pm

just saw Jamie Sanderson article in the past week about Giroud
---
Giroud: the support striker Van Persie has been waiting for
With 34 goals and 14 assists in just 45 matches, it’s not been a bad season for Arsenal’s Robin van Persie, the newly crowned PFA and Football Writer’s Player of the Year. But in a week when the Dutchman’s contribution was recognised with personal prizes, manager Arsène Wenger was reminded of the blunt cavalry stopping his side from challenging for team trophies.

A one-man team? No, but after Arsenal had smacked the post and bar against Chelsea on Saturday lunchtime, it was telling that Wenger opted against withdrawing the clearly jaded Van Persie and throwing on competitor Marouane Chamakh as the Gunners sensed victory. In a season when their majestic number 10 has scored or created over half their Premier League goals, the support from fellow strikers Chamakh and Park Chu-Young has been pitiful.

Chamakh, a player Wenger chased for 12 months, has proved not to be worth the wait. At 28, he was seen as the prime finisher needed to drive Arsenal on, but after 11 goals in his début season, he tailed off, and has never recovered. Chu-Young, a £3million panic buy from relegated Monaco, looks out of his depth at this level, and has already told coaching staff he wants to leave. Between them, they take home almost £100,000 a week in wages, but have contributed just a goal each in 23 appearances.

For a man famed for his mastery of the French transfer market, Wenger’s attempts to supplement the forward line with bargain buys has failed. This summer, as Van Persie mulls over whether to extend his contract at Arsenal or not, it will be money spent on cavalry, not wages, that decides whether the influential captain signs on.

Lukas Podolski will arrive for £10.9 million from Cologne, but is expected to operate on the left, and with loanees Nicklas Bendtner and Carlos Vela keen to move on permanently, a top class marksman is a priority.

The answer is, however, right under their noses. Olivier Giroud, Montpellier’s 25-year-old striker, is available for €13million this summer – and Arsenal are in pole position to land him. At 6ft 2in and with a physical, bullish style, Giroud is not a typical Arsenal striker, but his meteoric rise through French football and bargain price tag give him all the credentials of a classic Wenger buy.

Fuelled by Giroud’s excellent form, Montpellier have been Ligue 1′s surprise package this season, surging to the top of the table with their budget squad. The stats tell us 20 goals in 31 matches, but he’s not just a goalscorer with power, energy and under-rated technique, he can also hold the ball and release others in tight situations.

A journeyman career in the lower divisions with Grenoble, Istres and Tours taught Giroud to use his size better and appreciate possession, qualities he could easily adapt to the Premier League as Van Persie’s foil, allowing the Dutchman to play his preferred role just behind a central striker. As well as linking the play and keeping the ball moving, Giroud could also play the target man – making use of the brilliant crosses provided by Arsenal’s rampaging full-backs.

Many will see Giroud as Chamakh mark II – a one-trick pony who has had one good season in French football. They would be wrong to do so. Giroud is the real deal – tactically and technically sound, he can adapt to a number of different roles and formations, and can score all types of goals. Close range finishes, one-on-ones, powerful headers and even bicycle kicks. The lot.

His chairman says he’ll go for €50million, but if Arsenal activate his bargain release clause and re-unite him with best mate Laurent Koscielny at the Emirates this summer, they’ll finally have the top quality cover to help Van Persie turn personal achievements into team ones.
http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/opinions/giroud-the-support-striker-van-persie-has-been-waiting-for/

this could be ideal not Giroud starting
Starters(Subs)
Theo(Gervinho)--------RVP(Giroud)--------Poldi(AOC)
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat May 05, 2012 12:08 am

Arsene Wenger confirms Arsenal are watching "interesting" Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9246874/Arsene-Wenger-only-Robin-van-Persie-can-decide-his-future-but-I-want-him-to-finish-his-career-at-Arsenal.html
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Sat May 05, 2012 6:54 am

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is eyeing Arsenal midfielder Alex Song.

source: Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/real-madrid-target-alex-song-817352
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Jan Vertonghen has been named the 2011/12 Dutch footballer of the year. Highly-rated Jordy Clasie of Feyenoord second. (via @jouracule )
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon May 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Strong, reliable sources told me in person that Arsenal have signed Yann M'Vila. Will be announced after West Brom game.

Smile

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 35 Steven+Gerrard+Yann+Vila+England+v+France+UIE-sL4tQzsl
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Strong, reliable sources told me in person that Arsenal have signed Yann M'Vila. Will be announced after West Brom game.

Smile

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 35 Steven+Gerrard+Yann+Vila+England+v+France+UIE-sL4tQzsl
affraid affraid hmm

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :dance:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 07, 2012 3:14 pm

M'Vila would be a quality signing IMO, you dont need Vertonghen tho IMO.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:M'Vila would be a quality signing IMO, you dont need Vertonghen tho IMO.

Spoiler:

We can give you even better player, Brazilian superstar Denilson. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Mon May 07, 2012 3:22 pm

New transfer fee record for Arsenal????

Song M'Vila
Wilshere

:bow:
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Its all over the twitter that we have signed someone and I just hope is not a 15 year old. eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Arsene knows. Thumbs up
i trust him :bow:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Its all over the twitter that we have signed someone and I just hope is not a 15 year old. eco smile

Danny Simpson hopefully eco smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Wenger will turn Danny Simpson into the next Bacary Sagna and then the next time we play he'll keep whoever Newcastle has on their left wing in his back pocket. :coffee:

Forgive me for being sceptical about the M'Vila rumours. I'm sure the "strong, reliable" source is, indeed, strong and reliable, but I'm always hesitant to believe anything like that straight away.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Its all over the twitter that we have signed someone and I just hope is not a 15 year old. eco smile

Danny Simpson hopefully eco smile
nah its player +cash swap
squillaci+3M For Williamson Chaka
to add much needed english grit :bow:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon May 07, 2012 3:35 pm

What a midfield we'll have available if we sign M'vila. Finally, a pure DM meaning he's someone to let Song reign free and shower the attacking force with creative assists as he bursts forward as the CAM he's to become.

Just thought I'd bring this factoid up. Song started his Arsenal career as a CB then moved up to CDM, he's played more as a CM this year and now it's possible he could play as a CAM next year or in a more attacking role? What a baws.

Hoping so much for the M'vila rumors, waiting till Sunday, Sam!
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Song would need to improve a lot to play CAM, in my opinion. Obviously, in recent season he's found a creative edge and can produce outstanding passes, but he's too inconsistent with those passes and has a tendency to over-complicate. A good CAM must be able to produce the special, but also use the ball intelligently which Song doesn't always do.

Moreover, his success has come from deeper positions and I reckon he'd be marked too easily if he played higher up the pitch.

I don't believe he has the intelligence to play that sort of role. CM suits him best, since you can get the best out both worlds there - his strength and defensive ability, and his ability to make killer passes from deep.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon May 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Agree, he'd be given more reign to push forward and instigate attacks but it wouldn't be his overall role to create plays.

I see Diaby leaving, Frimpong getting a loan move, maybe Ramsey and our midfield consisting of Arteta, Wilshere, Rosicky, M'vila, Coquelin and Song should this deal go through.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon May 07, 2012 3:54 pm

The M'Vila news will be on the website of the source holders imminently.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next