arigle
ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cagliari - AS Roma - Page 2 Empty Re: Cagliari - AS Roma

Post by ErPupone Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:03 am

Wasn't able to catch the game, only saw highlights. Looks like Cagliari made us pay whenever we gave away possession cheaply, while we missed a number of opportunities to draw level in the second half. We seemed to be threatening mostly off set pieces, with Pjanic coming close and Gago missing what would've been a fantastic volley.

As for the backline, I can't criticize them since I didn't see the match, but conceding 4 goals means that changes must be made. I wouldn't be opposed to putting De Rossi at center back once he comes back, something has to give eventually.

ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:30 am

Didn't see the match, but followed from my phone....and based on just the stats...us having 68% possession to their 32%, but being equal on them in terms of goal-scoring chances....that's tells the whole story really. Plus they were caught offside 8 times this match, which screams counterattack overload.

Simply put, they destroyed us on the counter....just as every team worth their metal has done to us this season. This is the obvious weakness to a possession-oriented strategy.

Gotta this one behind us and get ready for Inter on Saturday. I still feel we can get something out of that match though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:02 pm

McLewis wrote:Didn't see the match, but followed from my phone....and based on just the stats...us having 68% possession to their 32%, but being equal on them in terms of goal-scoring chances....that's tells the whole story really. Plus they were caught offside 8 times this match, which screams counterattack overload.

Simply put, they destroyed us on the counter....just as every team worth their metal has done to us this season. This is the obvious weakness to a possession-oriented strategy.

Gotta this one behind us and get ready for Inter on Saturday. I still feel we can get something out of that match though.

Yes. If we are going to play a possession style of football we really need to have a solid defense that can back us up when we lose the ball. We did not have that at all yesterday. Cagliari was litterally just sending peircing through passes in between our CB all game. It was painfull to watch actually. In the summer we really need a complete defensive overhaul.

I aslo felt the Simplicio looked slow and sloppy yesterday, and in several recent starts hes had. His lack of pace also killed us in midfeild and he seemed to make sloppy passes or lose possession. I would rather he not start anymore, he could be more effective coming of the bench for this season when the opposition is tired and his lack of pace wont show as much.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:15 am

Just finished watching the game...Our high defensive line cost us all game. To be honest the 2nd Ribero goal was offside I thought, and we should have had a penalty after Simplicio got hauled down by Agazzi.

Kjaer and Juan looked beyond brutal, as did Rosi and Angel...Rosi came alive a bit more in the second half though.

I also thought that Stek was a bit off tonight.

Borini was the only noticeable player at all up front...I still don't know how Lamela didn't get a touch on that Rosi cross, unbelievable.

We had about 3 chances in the final 20 that should have been goals...

Ps. We should buy Astori....

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:32 pm

^^^

True Stek had a terrible game as well.One of his worst in a Roma jersey so far.Anyone can have there off day I suppose,but Kjaer and Angel have to many.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2