Jay29
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Jonathan28
aleumdance
RealGunner
33 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Official Redknapp Case Trial Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Redknapp Case Trial Thread

Post by la bestia negra Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:30 am

erotic, pennis, russian bloke

What a Face

la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official Redknapp Case Trial Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Redknapp Case Trial Thread

Post by Forza Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:04 am

english education system Shocked
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:08 am

I'm certainly no fan of Redknapp. There's something about him as a manager that just rubs me the wrong way. However, I find it utterly incomprehensible that someone who is regularly entrusted with millions of pounds in transfer fees, as well as the management of personnel who make considerable sums of money, could be incapable of writing a letter or even a team sheet. I know that professional footballers are, by the nature of the academy system, less likely to receive a great deal of higher education. Even so, this absolutely shocked me. Given Harry's testimony, you have to assume that he is only semi-literate, as someone who cannot even write a team sheet has very little chance of correctly interpreting complete sentences with any sort of fluidity and accuracy.

In this day and age, I find this to be unforgivable. Whether the system or Redknapp is truly at fault is immaterial. In one case, the system would have failed a player to the point that it would make it difficult for him to function in modern society. On the other hand, if Redknapp is so lazy as to not learn the basic skills of literacy and the written word (I'm not talking about rivaling Henry David Thoreau or Albert Camus, just basic 6th Grade reading and writing)... Well, in that case I suppose I blame the society that allows, and rewards, that sort of apathy toward a person's individual education. I have no diea which situation is true, nor do I have a means of finding out. To be honest, either eventuality horrifies me.

Please don't misunderstand, I don't mean to judge Redknapp. I'm certainly not a fan of his, but I'm not trying to unduly belittle or make fun of him. I certainly don't take this statement lightly. I am just flabbergasted by this testimony. If anything, I pity Redknapp and abhor this failure of the educational system.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:40 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:english education system Shocked

its terrible trust me, the only people that get a properly effective education are the grammar students.... :facepalm:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:47 am

DagenhamDave wrote:Official Redknapp Case Trial Thread - Page 3 Aj6fVK7CAAAi5tr

LMFAOOOOO!!!!!!
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:50 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

its terrible trust me, the only people that get a properly effective education are the grammar students.... :facepalm:

so your telling me that i wasted 7 years taking my a+o levels
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:54 am

supra969 wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

Very Happy
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:15 am

The xcx wrote:
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp denied tax evasion by telling police ''I couldn't even fill a team sheet in'', a court heard on Thursday.

Harry Redknapp court
PA PhotosHarry Redknapp arrives at Southwark Crown Court in London on Monday morning

In tape recordings played at Southwark Crown Court, Redknapp said: ''I can't work a computer, I don't know what an email is, I can't, I have never sent a fax and I've never even sent a text message. I have a big problem, I can't write so I don't keep anything. I am the most disorganised person, I am ashamed to say, in the world.''

Redknapp told officers he had not seen his pay slip in years as he said: ''You talk to anybody at the football club. I don't write. I couldn't even fill a team sheet in.''

Under questioning over the Monaco account at the heart of the £189,000 bung allegation, the Tottenham manager added: ''I pay a fortune to my accountant to look after me you know. He writes all the cheques for me and my wife. He pays my bills. He runs my life basically.''

Redknapp told officers in June 2009 that the Sun, who he writes regular columns for, ''hadn't paid me for 18 months''.

He said: ''I've never wrote a letter in my life. I couldn't write a letter. I write like a two-year-old and I can't spell. Why am I gonna fiddle 20, 30 whatever thousand pounds of income tax when I walk away six months later from £200,000 that I was due?''

The tape was played out after jurors heard Redknapp made ''disastrous'' business decisions and lost £250,000 in a ''very unsuccessful'' takeover bid at Oxford United where he lost every penny according to HSBC executive Alan Hills.

Meanwhile, Redknapp had sole responsibility for the Monaco bank account at the centre of £189,000 bung allegations, said David Cusdin, vice-president of HSBC in Monaco between 2000 and 2005.

Cusdin also described co-defendant Milan Mandaric as ''a perfect gentleman''. Giving evidence via videolink, Cusdin said he was aware that Redknapp had flown to the principality to open an account.

''I was certainly aware of his visit - it was quite possible that I didn't open the account, it was one of my team - but I was certainly aware of the visit,'' Cusdin told the court. ''I don't have a recollection - but I could well have shaken his hand at the meeting.''

Official Redknapp Case Trial Thread - Page 3 Spurst10
BAWS

Ommgggg that was so funny Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:16 am

Rofl @ the dog at the ATM Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:19 am

Official Redknapp Case Trial Thread - Page 3 Aj6fVK7CAAAi5tr[/quote]

Father Ted Laughing
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:01 am

supra969 wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

yup Very Happy nah im joking of course you didnt, i wanted to put it into more appropriate words but my vocabulary failed me
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:37 pm

There was laughter in court shortly before the lunch adjournment as Mr Kelsey-Fry said Redknapp's success in football was "much to the displeasure" of Mandaric's QC Lord Ken Macdonald.

Redknapp, looking over the rim of his glasses, said: "Well he's an Arsenal supporter isn't he."

More laughter as Redknapp talks about Rosie again. "I don't ever like calling her a dog. She was better than that"

The Tottenham Hotspur manager held his hands up and looked around at Detective Inspector Dave Manley midway through questioning.

Redknapp said: "Mr Manley, will you please stop staring at me. I know you are trying to cause me a problem, OK.

This guy :facepalm:

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 pm

Rushin bloke....

:lol!:
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:53 pm

bail (yes pleez, lol)

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:02 pm

asooo erotic

penis da fuq
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:05 pm

The lad gets something like what 5m pounds a year? Why the frack would he steal 200,000 pounds?

Stupid :brickwall:
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Yeeeeah, who wouldn't want more money.....

:facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:36 pm

milanfan7 wrote: The lad gets something like what 5m pounds a year? Why the frack would he steal 200,000 pounds?

Stupid :brickwall:

Can I have some of your money then? :lol!:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:09 am

Good 'ol 'Arry.

Sticking to the truth like a gentleman.

Harry Redknapp :bow: :bow: :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:28 am

CBarca wrote:Good 'ol 'Arry.

Sticking to the truth like a gentleman.

Harry Redknapp :bow: :bow: :bow:

:bow:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:41 am

I just love that his defence is, essentially, "i'm an imbecile"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:48 am

He's been cleared of all charges today.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:53 am

Well, such is life these days...Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:29 am

This is the most insane case I've seen in a long time.

London spent 8 Million Pounds on a case about a guy stealing 30,000 pounds.

I'm pretty sure the people in charge knew it would be a long / expensive drawn out process (if they didn't they should be flogged) and just wanted to get there names in the paper.

How on earth do you take this case to trial if your not 100% sure of a conviction especially with the facts listed above.

Some people need to get fired over wasting the tax payers money to get there face in the paper and there 15 minutes of fame.

Oh and BTW the "I'm an idiot" defense is pretty much the standard defense people take when getting investigated or on trial for tax purposes.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:35 am

dnmac4 wrote:This is the most insane case I've seen in a long time.

I'm pretty sure the people in charge knew it would be a long / expensive drawn out process (if they didn't they should be flogged) and just wanted to get there names in the paper.

How on earth do you take this case to trial if your not 100% sure of a conviction especially with the facts listed above.

Some people need to get fired over wasting the tax payers money to get there face in the paper and there 15 minutes of fame.

Oh and BTW the "I'm an idiot" defense is pretty much the standard defense people take when getting investigated or on trial for tax purposes.

While from a practical stand point you make a good point that's not how the legal system works I'm afraid. If it was 100% sure then there wouldn't be a trial, the whole point of the case was that it wasn't 100% clear.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 am

Zealous wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:This is the most insane case I've seen in a long time.

While from a practical stand point you make a good point that's not how the legal system works I'm afraid. If it was 100% sure then there wouldn't be a trial, the whole point of the case was that it wasn't 100% clear.

Yes but the people in charge of the legal system decide which cases to take to trial and which cases not to or even just issue the person a fine (which happens in most tax cases BTW)

For a normal tax payer the price of a trial would be no where near 8 million pounds so a trial if they wanted to would be much less of a burden on the tax payers.

In this case they must have known it was going to be very expensive and that the people involved in it would make a name for themselves win or lose off of Harry Redknapp's name, which is what they did.

In most tax cases 90% of them settle out of court or before they ever go to court or like I said before they just pay a fine. With that being said for the prosecution to take a case like this to court over 30,000 pounds which in the grand scheme of things is nothing compared to what he pays in taxes yearly is crazy unless they had an air tight case.

For him to be found completely not guilty it is very obvious that the case was never that strong and that they just wanted to get famous off of 'Arry and they used the tax payers money to do it.

It's disgusting, not to mention they dragged "arry threw the mud and he probably paid way more then 30k on his defense and he was innocent BTW.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next