Mourinho meltdown and hints of civil war at Real Madrid - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Mourinho meltdown and hints of civil war at Real Madrid

+17
S32TABLANCA
urbaNRoots
halamadrid2
izzy
Jonathan28
Giggslegend
Adit
The Franchise
Zealous
Swanhends
BarrileteCosmico
Doc
Lord Awesome
milanfan7
StevieRayVaughan
Mr Nick09
Gil
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mourinho meltdown and hints of civil war at Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho meltdown and hints of civil war at Real Madrid

Post by Doc Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Sid Lowe got that whole conversation from Marca. He did not come up with that on his own. Also, I'm wondering if you read the article in its entirety. He too has his doubts on whether it is true or not but he obviously believes where there is smoke, there is fire.

He even went to comment to say no journalist asked the most important question: If it is true? Of course, you know that this is certainly true...

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Mourinho meltdown and hints of civil war at Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho meltdown and hints of civil war at Real Madrid

Post by Adit Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Side lowe got that from Marca baby..

And you trust marca? good luck with that.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:50 pm

btw is Gil trying to shift attention from his team where there is real conflicts between players and coach???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Marca are butthurt that Mou has been treating them like crap
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:53 pm

How do we know that Mourinho is treating Marca like crap?

You guys know that Inda is a mourinho fanboy right?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:56 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Ordinho10 wrote:1st of all you have to take bote of the credibility of the author. Sid Lowe works for Real Madrid TV, though I doubt many Madrid fans will know that. Rolling Eyes

He would not come out with something which turned out to be a load of rubbish because he would be sacked for bringing the name of the company, i.e. Real Madrid, in disrepute. It's like putting that you work at KFC on your facebook page and then saying that the staff and manager are terrible and the food is disgusting, your employer has the right to sack you in that situation. Those of you who are still in school will not know this, but it happens, a mate of mine got sacked 2 months ago for calling his boss a prick on facebook, not on his boss' profile, but he posted it, and as a representative of his work, he was held responsible.

The other point is that Sid Lowe is not Balague, he doesn't have made up sources, he actually works for the club. He is the most likely out of any journalist apart from people like Kay Muarry to know exactly what is going down there.

the press are NOT allowed into our training ground..... why do you think even our website doesnt state whether someone is injured until the squad announcement??
Do you really think the clubs very own media never know whats going on? Oh boy do you have alot to learn.

There is always someone, someone within Mou's ranks who will talk. Whether it's one of the coaches of the kit man, one of them is friendly with a journalist and will spill the beans. How naive must you be not to know this?
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:58 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:How do we know that Mourinho is treating Marca like crap?

Ah Nick, still the most level headed Madrid fan, apart from maybe Team and Crimson, but you keep your calm and your rationality.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Ordinho10 wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
Ordinho10 wrote:1st of all you have to take bote of the credibility of the author. Sid Lowe works for Real Madrid TV, though I doubt many Madrid fans will know that. Rolling Eyes

He would not come out with something which turned out to be a load of rubbish because he would be sacked for bringing the name of the company, i.e. Real Madrid, in disrepute. It's like putting that you work at KFC on your facebook page and then saying that the staff and manager are terrible and the food is disgusting, your employer has the right to sack you in that situation. Those of you who are still in school will not know this, but it happens, a mate of mine got sacked 2 months ago for calling his boss a prick on facebook, not on his boss' profile, but he posted it, and as a representative of his work, he was held responsible.

The other point is that Sid Lowe is not Balague, he doesn't have made up sources, he actually works for the club. He is the most likely out of any journalist apart from people like Kay Muarry to know exactly what is going down there.

the press are NOT allowed into our training ground..... why do you think even our website doesnt state whether someone is injured until the squad announcement??
Do you really think the clubs very own media never know whats going on? Oh boy do you have alot to learn.

There is always someone, someone within Mou's ranks who will talk. Whether it's one of the coaches of the kit man, one of them is friendly with a journalist and will spill the beans. How naive must you be not to know this?

This is MARCA we're talking about here.

Don't know if the 'conversation' is true or not, but I doubt it.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:01 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:How do we know that Mourinho is treating Marca like crap?

That is the thing Nick. Who really does know? Marca has lied so much times about so much things yet grown men are certain this article is legit. It is as true as the world is in fact, not flat. That the whole conversation is what happened.

Why? Why do they believe this Marca article and yet quick to dismiss a slew of others? I thought the article was fascinating particularly when "Ramos" mentioned to "Mourinho" he would not understand as he never played professionally.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:02 pm

@nick

in all his interviews he has been snapping at them at every chance

even the time when he ignored them, they got p!ssed off nobody has done that to them before

you do know THEY used to be Mou fanboys before he started letting karanka take press conferences thats when all the Mou this Mou that came from

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Ordinho10 wrote:

you obviously isnt very knowledgeable about our team i see...

nearly our whole coaching team have been with Mou forever he cleaned up the whole backroom staff before he came... they even sit in our games ffs

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Mourinho has ruined Real Madrid No
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:05 pm

TA level headed? That Mad Madristista level headed? Maybe Crims but TA? That man is completely bias. Lovely poster but level headed is not his cup of tea.

And Nick is more of a PSG fan nowadays so he doesn't count anymore...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Doc wrote:TA level headed? That Mad Madristista level headed? Maybe Crims but TA? That man is completely bias. Lovely poster but level headed is not his cup of tea.

And Nick is more of a PSG fan nowadays so he doesn't count anymore...
Hey it's been 3 years, so people might have changed in that time. I remember Team as being calm and collected, Crim too. Nick has alwats been a PSG fan so that doesn't matter.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:11 pm

To add fuel to this rather glorious fire...

"I am behind Mourinho to the death, [right] until the end," he told AS.

"The whistles for him should be for us. It is unfair to make him responsible for last Wednesday. If anyone deserves the whistles, we do."

Arbeloa also denied reports that there is now a split in the Madrid dressing room between the Spanish and Portuguese players.

"The atmosphere is very good,” he insisted. “I can say that there is no fracture and if necessary I will go to Portugal on holiday [to prove that].”

From Alvaro Arbeloa....
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:12 pm

lol ill go to Portugal to quash those rumours not sure if that will but lmfao anyways
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:14 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:@nick

in all his interviews he has been snapping at them at every chance

even the time when he ignored them, they got p!ssed off nobody has done that to them before

you do know THEY used to be Mou fanboys before he started letting karanka take press conferences thats when all the Mou this Mou that came from

that's a lie right there. The only incident we know about him being upset with marca is when they left the press room when he refused to talk to the press.

the rest is a blatant lie you made up, there is simply 0 proof out there of what you claimed. you are taking one incident and drawing a long and prolonged assumption.

Of course, since you will be too busy to look up for proof online, we will never know.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:17 pm

he doesnt exactly adress them as Marca

he says "you" and what he means is Marca and AS the two biggest newspapers in Madrid

AS have been more pro Mou than Marca... everything Marca have up lately is Mou this Mou that

of course its them he is snapping at when he says "you sell more do less" and all the rest of his amusing comments
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:20 pm

I think the very way we reacted to this, as a club, players and coach, shows that there is some truth. Obviously, not the soap opera dramatic cliffhanger meltdown, but some kind of rift. That happens when we do badly. Knee-jerks FTW.

I disagree that this is the low point of our season. When we barely beat Getafe and Zagreb, lost to Levante, drew with Racing and went behind to Betis all in a row was definately worse. And the 10-D clasico was arguably more important and disappointing.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Mourinho meltdown and hints of civil war at Real Madrid - Page 2 6HU3

RM meltdown. I love it!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:36 pm

José Mourinho on defensive as Real Madrid prepare to meet Barcelona

For once José Mourinho appeared lost for words. On Wednesday night Real Madrid face Barcelona in the Copa del Rey quarter-final second leg at Camp Nou trailing 2-1 from the first match and the pressure builds on the Portuguese coach. Asked if he was happy at the Santiago Bernabéu, during his edgy, tense pre-match press conference, Mourinho merely shrugged and muttered: "Uh-huh".

The coach, who maintained a steely stare and rarely broke from monosyllabic answers, also hinted that cliques had indeed developed in the Real Madrid squad – but that it was not down to him. He added that, despite suggestions that Pepe would be left out of the Camp Nou clash as a punishment for his stamp on Leo Messi's hand, he intended to play the defender "if he is fit".

Madrid are 2-1 down from the first leg and that result against Barcelona saw a shift in Madrid. Defeat, an extremely defensive display and the behaviour of Pepe saw the pro-Madrid media turn. On Sunday morning, the newspaper Marca revealed a training ground confrontation between Mourinho and the defender Sergio Ramos; that night a section of the Santiago Bernabéu whistled fans who chanted Mourinho's name; and during a late night debate show on Spanish TV, one journalist claimed that Mourinho had decided to leave the club in the summer.

That was the subject of the first question as Mourinho prepared for the visit to Barcelona. "My colleague said that you are going to leave Madrid in the summer," the coach was asked. "Are you?" The response was short and sharp: "Ask your colleague." It was to prove the model for much of what followed. "Will you stay until you win the European Cup," he was asked. "I don't know." And so it went on.

"Why have you lost the support of the fans?" "I don't know, you'd have to ask them."

"The leaks from the club." "I don't know anything."

"But do you think they are designed to damage you?" "I don't know."

"Are you happy at Madrid?" "Uh-huh".

"Do Madrid have a mental block against Barcelona?" "Ask the players."

"Have you found Madrid to be different to Portugal, Italy and England?" "All countries are different."

"Could tomorrow [against Barcelona] represent a before and after moment?" "No respondo. I'm not answering that."

"Is this the hardest moment you have had since being at Real Madrid?" "Buen momento." A pause: "Good moment. Good moment."

Mourinho was also asked: "You have always stood out for being a good man-manager, someone who handles groups well. But are there cliques in the Madrid dressing room?" The response was so sharp that many missed it. "I don't provoke cliques." When the penny dropped, it appeared his most revealing, pointed response.

Even when it came to the purely footballing, the coach was not much more forthcoming. Asked what his approach would be against Barcelona, he replied: "I have no idea: I have lots of doubts over players and will have until the end."

"What kind of doubts?" "No respondo. I have doubts but even if I had certainties I wouldn't respond."

"So, how do you expect to play?" "No respondo. I am the coach and it is my responsibility. I have no reason to say."

Mourinho did, though, add: "If Pepe is 100%, he will play. I think we have a chance of getting through to the semi-final but we are aware of the team that we have in front of us. It will be difficult but we will try everything."

Only once did Mourinho expand and seek to make his point – and when he did, he did so forcefully. Asked what he could do to improve his relationship with the media, Mourinho replied: "Maybe have a point more advantage over Barcelona?"

"[In the league], we are five points ahead of the team many say are the best in the world. We had a tradition of going out in the Copa against teams from lower divisions [Manuel Pellegrini's Real were defeated 4-0 by Second Division B side Alcorcón]. We won it and if we go out this time it will be against the champions of Spain and Europe. We were not even seeds in the Champions League. Now we have won six out of six and have such good results that we will be [seeds] for a few years to come. Maybe it's not so bad as they say."

:bow:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Winning (or being ahead) isnt enough for Madrid, not the players, not the fans, not the media.

We all knew (and said) this before Mou took over.

Thats just the way it is.

Talking about cup games and being 5 points ahead really dont mean so much, all involved can see what is happening when they play Barca and are asking questions of him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Mourinho's standards for success:
-don't lose to lower division team: check
-get seeded in the CL:check
-be first in the league: check

I somehow think Madrid fans will only care about 1 of these hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:46 pm

For sho theres something going on, but the media just makes the best out of it, I dont think there is anything serious going on inside the club imo.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:47 pm

Please, someone tells Mourinho that we thanked him for breaking our CL curse last season. You cant ride that for two years. Being in the later stages of the CL is supposed to be 'normal' for a club like ours, that dreadful run we went through was nothing normal.

But he is right in that we are in good position in the league table.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:47 pm

He seems pissed on an overkill level.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next