+3
salmano9
Juventino89
DeviAngel
7 posters

Go down

Conte to make Coppa changes  Empty Conte to make Coppa changes

Post by DeviAngel Mon 23 Jan 2012, 15:29

Antonio Conte has admitted that he’ll make alterations to his preferred starting XI in Juventus’ Coppa Italia tie against Roma.

Conte has rarely changed his line-up in Serie A since striking on a winning formula, but he will shake things up against the Giallorossi on Tuesday.

“We’ll certainly change something because of injuries, but also to give a chance to the players who have always been at our disposal since the beginning of the season,” he stated.

“We’ll aim to give an opportunity to those who deserve to play and those who already impressed against Bologna in the last round.”

Juventus will definitely be without Claudio Marchisio after the Italian international picked up a knee problem at Atalanta.

“I hope that Claudio recovers quickly. I need to replace him with someone of similar characteristics and Emanuele Giaccherini comes close in terms of quantity, quality and his ability to break from deep.

There is also Luca Marrone who is growing a lot and who can replace Pirlo. Luca can play in all three midfield roles, Giaccherini can cover two because he obviously can’t be used as a deep playmaker.”

Roma are in a good spell of form and Conte has respect for the Stadio Olimpico outfit – even if he’s keen for a spot in the semi-finals.

“It’s a quarter-final game and we shouldn’t forget that Roma knocked us out at home last season. We’ll look to get through against a team who is doing really well.

“When we faced Roma in the League I already stated that I had been impressed by the work of Luis Enrique.

“They are a team who now have a more precise identity and an idea of how football should be played.”

Conte, meanwhile, confirmed that Dutch international Eljero Elia probably wouldn’t be available because of injury.

“The doctor has told me that Elia can’t play because he’s picked up a knee problem.

“I’ve spoken with Elia – he’s struggled to adapt which is understandable given that he has come from a foreign League and he doesn’t speak the language.

“A lot of players in the past have had similar issues like Platini or Zidane. I myself was in a coma for a year before I settled in the world of Juve…”

Elia, 24, cost €9m from Hamburg in the summer but he’s played just two games in Serie A for a total of 58 minutes.

Juventus (possible): Storari; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, De Ceglie; Pirlo, Vidal, Giaccherini; Krasic, Borriello, Del Piero.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte to make Coppa changes  Empty Re: Conte to make Coppa changes

Post by Juventino89 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 16:39

Yes conte still has faith in elia Smile
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 17:55

Nice words from Conte!! I hope elia will.breakthrough very soon cz pepe isnt doing well in the last FEW matches..
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon 23 Jan 2012, 21:08

Only thing I hope from that formation to change is Storari
Buffon should still start!
Hope to see Esti!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 21:28

Luis Enrique called this players for Juve clash:

GK's:Stekelenburg, Lobont, Curci

DEF:Heinze, Juan, Kjaer, Rosi, Taddei, José Angel

MID:Gago, Greco, Perrotta, Pjanic, Simplicio, Viviani

ATT: Borini, Bojan, Lamela, Totti

He comes here without: Pizarro, Casetti i Cicinho and also Osvaldo and Burdisso.
In Turin also De Rossi will be missed and that is great for us because he is their best player
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Tue 24 Jan 2012, 07:09

Gago fills in for De Rossi, does a great job
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue 24 Jan 2012, 17:18

Bonucci. No

Looking forward to see Krasic in what could be one of his last chances to earn his keep if he does play. And I don't want him taken off after 50 minutes unless he is awful.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down