Fulham 2 - 1 Arsenal: Second half *bleep* costs us game - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Fulham 2 - 1 Arsenal: Second half *bleep* costs us game

+13
aleumdance
Amar
SamuelJayC
julias
Sina
DeviAngel
RealGunner
Eman
Lex
REWB
Raptorgunner
mani88
Jay29
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fulham 2 - 1 Arsenal: Second half *bleep* costs us game - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 2 - 1 Arsenal: Second half *bleep* costs us game

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:59 pm

i am not complaining about theo and Gervinho, The subs made sense, but chamakh works really hard and perhaps it was better if he had come on or started.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fulham 2 - 1 Arsenal: Second half *bleep* costs us game - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 2 - 1 Arsenal: Second half *bleep* costs us game

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Perhaps it was too cautious, but look at how the second half were going. Fulham were playing entirely in our half, had more of the ball and all the chances. The midfield was anonymous and Arsenal couldn't get up the field, even with pace on the pitch.

Wenger had to stick of twist with the scoreline, and with the way things were going I don't blame him for trying to see out what he had. I probably would've done the same thing.

The only change I disagree with is briging on Squillaci. Wenger may as well have pushed Song back into the back four and subbed van Persie off. Maybe then, we could've brought on Arshavin or Chamberlain (had he been in the squad) as an outlet.

As for Chamakh: I just don't feel he would've made much of a difference. He probably would've been fouled as much as van Persie was and not get anything, and probably would've been just as starved of service.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Agree Jay.

In all honesty, I think today with the squad with the squad we had available and down to 10 men, and the ref's performance, nothing would have made a difference.

I would have brought on Miquel at Lb and put Coquelin to RB, taking off Arteta.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:23 pm

In any case, time to move on from this. I agree totally with Wenger that it's difficult when you have to face problem after problem. Not many teams can cope with no fit full backs, and not many squads can cope with playing three games in a week. The standard of football this weekend was poor (and the less said about the refereeing the better).

We've got a week off now until our next game against Leeds in the FA Cup, and I expect the likes of Szczesny, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Song, Arteta, Ramsey, Gervinho, Walcott and van Persie will all be rested.

Our next league is Swansea on Jan 15th. Will be a tough game, considering how little goals Swansea have conceded at The Liberty Stadium. Hopefully though with a fitter squad, and the addition of Henry and possibly another player - who knows? - we'll get back to winning ways.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Fulham 2 - 1 Arsenal: Second half *bleep* costs us game - Page 2 Arsen

Very Happy
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Yea lets move on, A huge win wasnt really in our minds anyways.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:10 pm

F*cking pathetic second half.

Walcott is so fecking shite at times, its such a piss off.

And as soon I saw Squillaci getting ready to come on, I knew we were doomed.

And Rosicky :facepalm:

Only positive for me was Kos and Coquelin who was brilliant at LB.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:24 pm

sina90 wrote:Fulham 2 - 1 Arsenal: Second half *bleep* costs us game - Page 2 Arsen

Very Happy
I noticed this during the game as well Laughing
the_gooner wrote:Only positive for me was Kos and Coquelin who was brilliant at LB.
Had Coquelin not screwed up for the last goal, he probably would have been our MotM since he played the whole game out of position. But, he did Sad
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:23 am

Agree lads, let's move on.

This time next week we will be hosting Leeds in the FA cup, potentially the match Henry comes home.

Should be a great night.

Many players will be rested, and hopefully we have a proper LB by then. Someone on loan.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:32 am

ahhh, the joy of not getting annoyed after an arsenal defeat because i could tell it coming..

gervinho missing sitters. nobody tracjing back, complacency

i just started laughing when fulham won

and like I have said before, Gervinho's IRRELEVANCE is massive

yeah say he runs, say he dribble, but what of the final ball? poor is an understatement

"WORK HARD-WORK SMART= Gervais"
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:02 am

You think you were annoyed?
I unlocked my iPod after the game, and Arsenal had sent me a push notification saying 'Fulham 0-1 Arsenal' :facepalm:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:18 am

another thing is after today.,, its clear we need Podolski more than ever
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gmos01 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:44 am

we need anyone we can get. lets just hope we dont wait till last minute like last time.. :brickwall:
gmos01
gmos01
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:03 am

Great summary Jay bro..
Really frustrated that we are back to last years defending..
We gave the ball away easily in 2nd half and put pressure on ourselves.. We just kept clearing the ball and didnt show an intend to keep possession..
And now some rants about our usual misfiring players...
Walcott.. Terrible.. Dont know to dribble past one.. Finishing and shooting also not good.. And he complains that he is not played as a CF.. Idiot..
Gervinho.. He needs to understand that this is not his French league.. He cant dribble past 3 and miss those sitters and still be a champion...
And a 7 foot fairplayer who doesnt jump or tackle and always runs away from the ball.. His positioning in box is awful jumping nowhere near the ball.. And simply does some nowhere clearances only to give away the ball.. Strange that he is Germanys no.1 defender..
And Wenger says we have a large squad.. But these days we keep playing the same 11 with only Arshavin getting the odd start..
Some positives.. Coquelin showed great spirit.. Kos was amazing.. Ramsey played better..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:18 am

Some stats from yesterday's match:

Laurent Koscielny has scored more goals than Robin Van Persie and the entire Arsenal attack,in 2012.

Arsene Wenger covered more ground,when he ran from the tunnel to Arsenal's dugout,during the half-time break,than Arshavin had against West Brom.

Theo Walcott was more unsuccessful in putting a ball into the danger zone than Wenger,who tried to put his right hand into his jacket's pocket.

via ROBINHO.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:47 am

ernie_schwarz wrote:Some stats from yesterday's match:

Laurent Koscielny has scored more goals than Robin Van Persie and the entire Arsenal attack,in 2012.

Arsene Wenger covered more ground,when he ran from the tunnel to Arsenal's dugout,during the half-time break,than Arshavin had against West Brom.

Theo Walcott was more unsuccessful in putting a ball into the danger zone than Wenger,who tried to put his right hand into his jacket's pocket.

via ROBINHO.
:facepalm:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2