Arsenal 1 - 1 Wolves: Two dropped points and a missed opportunity - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Arsenal 1 - 1 Wolves: Two dropped points and a missed opportunity

+20
beatrixasdfghjk.
Sri
milanfan7
Nishankly
urbaNRoots
Lex
lenear1030
julias
boss
Eman
SamuelJayC
Sina
Raptorgunner
djoe26
RealGunner
Gil
Sushi Master
aleumdance
Spider
Jay29
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Arsenal 1 - 1 Wolves: Two dropped points and a missed opportunity - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 1 Wolves: Two dropped points and a missed opportunity

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:03 am

On another day we would have won 4-0. Sometimes it's like this.

But yes, the absence of full-backs and Wilshere was clear today. (also walcott)

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 1 - 1 Wolves: Two dropped points and a missed opportunity - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 1 Wolves: Two dropped points and a missed opportunity

Post by Sri Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:11 am

RealGunner wrote:Fabregas was watching :facepalm:

Ultimate bad luck

That explains the abject display and excessive passing and less directness. I am happy as long as that dude is shagging his genetic buddies and not anywhere near the Emirates.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:53 am

Oh I also want to add this : Rosicky - :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:06 am

srigooner wrote:Oh I also want to add this : Rosicky - :bow:

I agree was surprised how well he played.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:31 am

26 – Passes from open play completed by Ramsey
1 – Through balls attempted and completed by Aaron Ramsey
100 – Percent of passes from open play completed by Ramsey
6 – Chances created by Ramsey
5 – Crosses completed by Arsenal
4 – Crosses completed by Ramsey

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:46 am

Am I the only one who has no faith in Djourou at RB? This isn't knee-jerking either, I've been dissappointed with his displays since he took over. waaaay to jittery and out of position a lot.

Sagna... <3 Sad
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:02 am

It's understandable: you're spoilt by seeing Sagna play.

But considering he's barely played there before, he has done a good enough job. He's one of those technically limited CBs, not exactly the ball carrying type which could pull it off like Vermaelen can.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:35 am

MJGunner wrote:Am I the only one who has no faith in Djourou at RB? This isn't knee-jerking either, I've been dissappointed with his displays since he took over. waaaay to jittery and out of position a lot.

Sagna... <3 Sad

I'm with you, but we don't have better choices atm unfortunately. Sagna is such a beast, I wouldn't trade him with anyone.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:54 am

I really don't see how RvP was flop of the match considering he was by far the best player up front. He created chances while being humbled by Hennesey's(extremely rare) brilliance while also having to put up with Gervinho's blunders. His only chance missed was his poor touch near the end of the game.

Speaking of Gervinho, aside from his goal he is awful today as his final ball is truly was atrocious along with the fact it seemed as if he had a record to beat with his extreme selfishness and balls to shoot at any sliver of chance, costing the whole team.

RvP was class as usual and only without a goal.

Ramsey did not play because the last few games he has been wasteful and tries to many useless tricks in the midfield (watch against man city) and simply hasn't been producing like he did earlier, while Rosicky deserved to come on and played quite well today aside from one missed chance to send the players through.

Arteta as usual was superb with his crisp passing and playmaking vision to tidy up the midfield, yet I repeat, he still is being played far to deep, essentially reducing his effectiveness.

Djorou is not a fullback, so people cannot expect anything from him there yet he was decent.

Song needs to learn to position himself better for the midfield so he can actually provide some defensive cover as more than 3 times the midfield was overran without him there. Plus, he needs to stop going for the spectacular with his hollywood balls that cost many of the impending momentum being created by the midfield.

Arshavin as usual was a useful and effective as roadkill, no surprise here.

Arsenal played well yet simply were unlucky nothing to worry about for Gunner fans except the points wasted considering 'pool and chavski dropped points.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:57 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Speaking of Gervinho, aside from his goal he is awful today as his final ball is truly was atrocious along with the fact it seemed as if he had a record to beat with his extreme selfishness and balls to shoot at any sliver of chance, costing the whole team.

His final ball is always crap. He has poor finishing and poor passing. If I was Wenger I would buy a top quality winger and just bench him. Probably going to get flamed by Arsenal fans lol.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:12 pm

Naa, you won't get flamed. There're enough Arsenal fans who think the same way.

He's a bit of a contradiction because his goals and assist tallies are actually quite good for someone playing in the Premier League for the first time, but then sometimes - all most of the time, in this case - his general play is awful. Worse than Walcott at times.

Even his goal yesterday was a little dodgey. He got played in and opted to round the keeper with a heavy touch, almost screwing the chance up completely. At no point during that attack did I actually feel confident Gervinho was going to put it away.

Stats aside, I don't feel confident at all when Gervinho gets in a position to produce a pass or shot. He's yet to produce that consistent quality that's required, for whatever reason. I'm well-known in my dislike for him, but even I can admit that if he improves that part of his game, he'll be an excellent player.

Anyway, van Persie didn't create any chances for himself. He had one shot from open play on target, and mis-controlled two over-the-top passes when he was in the centre of the penalty area. In general play, he was seldom involved, and he tried to be too clever when he beat a man by floating a ball in instead of just drilling it. By his own standards, he was disappointing.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:46 pm

+1
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:16 pm

RVP got REALLY excited whenever open infront of goal. His head wasn't clear, on another day rvp would have had a hatrick.

btw Ramsey <3

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:51 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

His final ball is always crap. He has poor finishing and poor passing. If I was Wenger I would buy a top quality winger and just bench him. Probably going to get flamed by Arsenal fans lol.

glad i am not alone with his final ball
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:46 pm

I'm not too worried about his final ball just yet, and he's been getting progressively more selfless in his play (even though he should have assisted RvP instead of attempting to score). He has been fantastic at opening up the opposing defense down the flanks and since he's the best at that on the team atm then we should focus on that.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:39 am

I'm happy Wenger doesn't have the mindset of some fans.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:44 am

Emaharg wrote:I'm happy Wenger doesn't have the mindset of some fans.

Summed up brilliantly. Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3