Race row in england intensifies as Alan Hansen is forced to apologies for his comments on bbc match of the day Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Race row in england intensifies as Alan Hansen is forced to apologies for his comments on bbc match of the day

+29
buddytaller
TheRedStag
7amood11
EarlyPrototype
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
poolsupporter
Eivindo
Lord Spencer
the xcx
Le Samourai
El Chelsea Fuerte
jibers
Gil
Lord Hades
InterMalia
Harmonica
Abramovich
nichabr
CaseyBoi
Doc
punkfusion1992
zizzle
free_cat
RealGunner
REWB
Raptorgunner
Tomwin Lannister
The Franchise
halamadrid2
33 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Race row in england intensifies as Alan Hansen is forced to apologies for his comments on bbc match of the day Empty Race row in england intensifies as Alan Hansen is forced to apologies for his comments on bbc match of the day

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:07 pm

ALAN Hansen unreservedly apologised today after his use of the word "coloured" to describe black players on TV sent Twitter into meltdown.
Match of the Day pundit Hansen, 56, made the cringeworthy gaffe while discussing the current John Terry and Luis Suarez racism rows.

In a statement, he said: "I unreservedly apologise for any offence caused. This was never my intention and I deeply regret the use of the word."

Fellow pundit Lee Dixon looked pale as the ex-Liverpool defender blurted out: "I think there's a lot of coloured players in all the major teams and there are lots of coloured players who are probably the best in the Premier League.

"If you look at 25 or 30 years ago it was probably in a bad way - not as bad as some of the other nations on the Continent - but certainly there is always, always room for improvement."

On social networking sites including Twitter and Facebook, Hansen — who is paid £40,000 per show — faced a backlash from footballers, celebrities and fans.

Former Spurs player Rohan Ricketts tweeted: "Is this Alan Hansen guy taking the f****** p***?? I'm not coloured??? He is part of the problem when using that word. We are BLACK Alan! Wtf [sic].

"Alan Hansen is more coloured than a black person. But still we would not call him or another white man coloured."
Ex-Anfield star Stan Collymore added: "What colour would that be? Blue? Green? Orange?"

Rapper Example wrote on Twitter: "I didn't see MOTD but did Alan Hansen really say 'coloured players'?? Wow. Hand him his P45."

Fans branded Hansen "a complete fool".

One, tweeting as gunnerblog, added: "Anyone else's jaw hit the floor as Alan Hansen said racism wasn't a problem in English football because of success of 'coloured' players?"

But he was defended by some supporters with one saying "he's not racist, he's just old skool".

Hansen is not the first pundit to run into trouble after making an ill-advised comment.

Earlier this year, Tony Cascarino sparked outrage after he described a player as having a "holocaust" of a game on Sky Sports News during a match between Manchester United and Arsenal which saw the North London team suffer a crushing 8-2 defeat.

The BBC said it would comment later today.

Liverpool players wore No7 shirts with Suarez's picture on them before last night's 0-0 draw with Wigan to back the Uruguayan, who is set to appeal his eight-match ban for racially abusing Man Utd's Patrice Evra.

here is the video of him saying it

==============

of course the intention wasnt there, but is this issue getting out of hand now in england do you think??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Race row in england intensifies as Alan Hansen is forced to apologies for his comments on bbc match of the day Empty Re: Race row in england intensifies as Alan Hansen is forced to apologies for his comments on bbc match of the day

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Whats the big deal?

Coloured..I have heard and been called it before, the intent is actually a good one. People say that word usually because they feel uncomfortable saying"black".

P.C to the max, how can anyone be offended by this?

Racism is always bout intent, not just the words that are being said. People need to get a grip.

Hansen has nothing to apologize for.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Race row in england intensifies as Alan Hansen is forced to apologies for his comments on bbc match of the day Empty Re: Race row in england intensifies as Alan Hansen is forced to apologies for his comments on bbc match of the day

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:25 pm

Racism is a big problem no doubt but it's being taken too far.
Political correctness gone mad.

Many scottish people use the word coloured and mean nothing by it.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:26 pm

i think he is a little old schooled when coming to that word

black people dont want to be called coloured people as EVERYBODY are coloured unless youre pale

even mixed raced people dont want to be called half caste as they say its insulting

it differs from people to people

but the thing is he is old schooled of course he will use that word
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:29 pm

This is just getting EMBARRASSING, I really don't find anything wrong with what he said.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:29 pm

HAHAHA the awkwardness was epic
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:32 pm

lol at example butting in haha
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:32 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:i think he is a little old schooled when coming to that word

black people dont want to be called coloured people as EVERYBODY are coloured unless youre pale

even mixed raced people dont want to be called half caste as they say its insulting

I dont know one person who would be offended by the word coloured.

Half caste is different, because it was a bad term, an offensive term. Some people find that offensive, but as I said, I dont know anyone who finds "coloured" offensive.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Calling someone coloured is technically illegal. But saying that, how can anyone be offended ? This is becoming a joke.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:38 pm

The Franchise wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:i think he is a little old schooled when coming to that word

I dont know one person who would be offended by the word coloured.

Half caste is different, because it was a bad term, an offensive term. Some people find that offensive, but as I said, I dont know anyone who finds "coloured" offensive.

i have actually seen some get offended once, but i never here anyone actually referring to someone as coloured though, its always black(and understandably black people do NOT get offended by that)

again it might be due to him being stuck in the 80th

half caste is just the same issue they dont like being described as being half of something, same way as black people dont like to be called coloured as everybody are coloured and not just them

i.e. they have a specific colour people can refer to them as, the same way people call white people white and so on

but i get your point though, people might find it awkward to say black
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:40 pm

RealGunner wrote:Calling someone coloured is technically illegal. But saying that, how can anyone be offended ? This is becoming a joke.

adding fuel to fire

reminds me of the summer riots
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:40 pm

IMO to call black people "coloured" people doesn't sound good, but I don't think it's racist. He was probably trying to be the less offensive possible.

People is bit oversensitive.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:41 pm

people just need to stop being so god damn sensitve
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:43 pm

this is seriously getting annoying

there was clearly no intent from Suarez, and there is no intent here to insult anyone
but people pick fights when they can....
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont know one person who would be offended by the word coloured.

I know many people who would be offended by being called "coloured". A phrase that are remnants of days that weren't too pleasant for people who were several shades darker...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Doc wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I dont know one person who would be offended by the word coloured.

I know many people who would be offended by being called "coloured". A phrase that are remnants of days that weren't too pleasant for people who were several shades darker...

I can only speak about my personal experience, noone elses. Living in London 24 years, obviously being black myself and the majority of my friends being the same, that is my experience. And of that, I dont know one person who would be offended by it.

Other people may have different experiences of it, like yourself. I can only speak for myself.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CaseyBoi Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:59 pm

This is bullshit!

As much as I dislike Hansen I think he has NOTHING to apologise for.

There should be some sort of anti-law that if someone accuses you of racism when you haven't been racist you should be able to appeal that and if suscessful charge the accuser with a racism/slander charge.

Why is he being racist? Because a white man said the world coloured?

STFU and decide how you want to be depicted.

100000000000 pound bet that if a black man stole from you and the police were questioning you, you would describe him as a 'dark/black/coloured bloke'.
Same if a white man did it 'white/Caucasian/pale bloke'

FFS winds me up. It's like people LOOK to be offended!

And this might sound controversial but I could give a damn if loads of black people got offended about me using the term coloured! I'd tell them to man up. If anything 'coloured' is the polite way of saying a difference of skin colour.

And OMG! He wasn't even being offensive in the slightest! I hope to god next time a different coloured person even murmers the word 'white' or ANYTHING close to it all hell breaks lose and the person is made to look like a complete idiot. Double standards at its finest, especially when almost everyday you hear on the radio/TV black people calling each other 'niggers' but if I'm just messing about with my friends and say 'whatss happeninnn niggaaagh' and a black man over hears and has a problem with it which then makes me the racist one!? Because I can't say a word because I'm white!!? Now THAT'S racism.

I live in a really multicultural area of england and I'v seem the worst sides to ALL races. And to anyone who thinks there isn't a difference there is, you pick things up and notice differences over time.

I'd list a few BUT THEN I'd be depicted as a racist. You can't win even whe your telling the truth and have no secret agenda.

The amount of times I'v had scuffles with black/Asian folk over no racist reasons but they play the race card to the police, which btw need to grow a back bone and stamp down hard on foreigners playing the race card, is unreal.

Anyway can feel myself blabbering on so yeah, rant over.
CaseyBoi
CaseyBoi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:02 pm

but franshise do you ever see the word coloured even circulate in the streets

black people are called black especially in London where you are stationed

so obviously when that word all of a sudden resurfaces on BBC, its hard for some people to swallow and dissolve it without making a meal out of it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:08 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:but franshise do you ever see the word coloured even circulate in the streets

black people are called black especially in London where you are stationed

so obviously when that world all of a sudden resurfaces on BBC, its hard for some people to swallow and dissolve it without making a meal out of it

I dont see why its so hard to swallow tbh.

As I said, a bit of common sense tells you of his intent. It shouldnt be about the words exclusively, it should be more about the intent.

I am reading Stan Collymore is offended, I find that bizarre. He is around 40 years old, he knows very well people often said that word, it was interchangable with black.

All I can say it, personally I wasnt offended, I dont know anyone who would be so I find the situation quite strange. I understand what your saying, I just find it quite strange.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Watch from 1min and on lol. Trust me you will like it.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:12 pm

exactly what i meant

the intent obviously wasnt there...... but the word was nontheless, which is what has gotten people so worked up as it was said on BBC(owned by the Government)

i personally wouldnt get offended, but some of the older generation might
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:12 pm

i personally call people as i see them but how can he do that if hes talking about a league...this is sad its not as if black people are the only ones being subject to racism...if i had a dollar for everytime i have been called "whiteboy", "syrian" or "whitey" i would be pretty much set for life...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:15 pm

thats the thing, its acceptable for people to call them by their actual colour and not generalize it like that and call them coloured

white person=white
black person=black

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Going OTT now no need for an apology he didn't even use it in the wrong context.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:32 pm

What's with all the racist subjects and longer than life titles?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next