Il Pinguino
pasquale22
elm_baraja_shaman
Luca
Tomwin Lannister
Lynx100
10 posters

Go down

Unleashing Eljero Elia - the Lynx plan Empty Unleashing Eljero Elia - the Lynx plan

Post by Lynx100 Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:54 pm

ELJERO ELIA has the potential and similarities to the legend THIERRY HENRY - strength, pace, ball control and ability to take on defenders

Elia should be converted From LW to Striker - he's in exactly the same situation as Thierry Henry in 1999 with Juve. He will thrive against tactically aware but not always physically blessed CBs in Serie A

He reminds me a lot of Henry on the LW in his first serie A season. Rewind the reel to 99 and you too will see the similarities.

Arsene Wegner saw the opportunity in Monaco in 95/96 and implemented it successfully in 2001 & now so should we.

ELJERO ELIA HAS THE ATTRIBUTES OF A VERY SUCCESFUL STRIKER - I seriously hope he's given the chance
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Unleashing Eljero Elia - the Lynx plan Empty Re: Unleashing Eljero Elia - the Lynx plan

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:00 am

If it happens and happens well then I will :bow: down to your posts. All of them.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Unleashing Eljero Elia - the Lynx plan Empty Re: Unleashing Eljero Elia - the Lynx plan

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:08 am

What attributes does he have..
finishing? Based on what
heading? Based on what
positional awareness? Based on what

he has speed, strength and dribbling- all the attributes to make him a good winger

sorry this is a pipe dream

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:20 am

Yes it is a dream. He's a good winger. I feel he will be a better striker

I BASE IN ON ABSOLUTELY NOTHING because he's never played in that position. It's Based purely on MY OPINION and GUT FEELING and over 25 years of watching Juve/football in general

Some of the most successful strategies come from gut instincts.

Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:22 am

I don't think Elia has the finishing abilities to be a striker....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:26 am

Lynx100 wrote:

I BASE IN ON ABSOLUTELY NOTHING because he's never played in that position. It's Based purely on MY OPINION and GUT FEELING and over 25 years of watching Juve/football in general

Fair enough but he isn't even getting time at his preferred position
I would not count him getting time in a position he was not brought in to play

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:26 am

Neither did Henry apparently. From memory he didn't score for almost 3 months in his first year at arsenal...
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:32 am

Luca wrote:
Lynx100 wrote:

Fair enough but he isn't even getting time at his preferred position
I would not count him getting time in a position he was not brought in to play

Well, here is me secretly hoping that the reason he is not being played in that position is because he is being worked hard on the training ground to make sure he develops all those attributes you think he doesnt have.

one can only hope and dream..
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:39 am

So, Juventus bought him as a winger, the few times he played were all as a winger but he is being secretly trained as a striker?

Don't hold your breath on this one man

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:50 am

Luca wrote:So, Juventus bought him as a winger, the few times he played were all as a winger but he is being secretly trained as a striker?

Don't hold your breath on this one man

Whos holding their breath? The chance that this will happen is almost zero.

Im just saying, this is what I PERSONALLY would do. I think he has potential. And yes, in training, I would try him out in a central position and see how develops. An extra feather in his cap. Versatility is a quality that is VERY VERY under-appreciated by anyone except those who are professional trainers/coaches/managers. Thats why, even though Pepe doesnt have the most talent in the world, he is a crucial part of the current Juve team.

Versatility breeds adapability. Adaptability breeds confidence. Confidence breeds a winning mentality

Anyone whos played any amount of professional football would know that being played out of your 'preferred' position atleast for a small amount of time on the training ground will actually IMPROVE your tactically awareness and help you gain a greater understanding of what is required in your position.

I.e Phil Jones - I think he will make a great holding midfielder even though he is primarily a centre back. And Sir alex has seen this possibility and has been playing Jones in the midfield role.

Similarly I think Elia should also be given time to be allowed to develop as a Winger/Striker.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:58 am

It just sounds ridiculous.
Phil Jones was getting time as a CB before he was tried as a midfielder.
Elia is not getting time period, and you want him to move to a position with equal if not more competition?

There just isn't a reason to move him is what I'm saying but I understand that is your personal opinion so carry on

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:11 am

Sure, Elia has had 5 seasons as a winger. Hes been tried.

You missed my point about Phil Jones (perhaps I didnt convey it clearly) - Jones was never a midfielder but Sir Alex saw that potential and has tried it was a reasonable about of success. He has no REASON to change him, but he felt that he had the right characteristics and WOLA!

Elia seems like he was bought with a 4-2-4 in mind. Since then, Conte has realised that 433 is probably more suited to the team as a whole. SO if he is to fit into the 433 he needs to adapt to a LW/ST role as opposed to being a pure winger.

As for more competition - Theres Matri, Quag, Vucinic and Vucinic, Esti, Pepe and Giacc for those from 3 options up front
(ADP, Toni, Iaquinta and Amauri are all either leaving or havent been played)

SO Elia has more talent and potential than Pepe, Esti and Giacc I feel. Quag has only just had his first start to the game.

It doesnt seem ridiculous to have 6 people fighting for the 3 (in a 433) or 4 (in a 4-2-4) positions. As far as Im concerned, thats healthy competition.

Being a Winger/ST will put him ahead of Pepe in terms of combining Versatility WITH RAW TALENT (which Pepe lacks). That could be Elias ticket into the first XI.

Those are my reasons to move him from winger to winger/ST.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:12 am

Look Elia used to play as a SS, did extremely well there as well so youre onto something lynx. He played his best football there at ADO Den Haag and occasionally at Hamburg. I would love to see him trialled there however over more recent years he's developed more into a winger
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:18 am

pasquale22 wrote:Look Elia used to play as a SS, did extremely well there as well so youre onto something lynx. He played his best football there at ADO Den Haag and occasionally at Hamburg. I would love to see him trialled there however over more recent years he's developed more into a winger
This is correct if i'm not mistaken. The last game he played I actually remember hearing the announcer mention that Elia used to play as a forward. I could def see him be successful in that role but who knows. Would be crazy if this was Contes secret plan all along lol
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:20 am

pasquale22 wrote:Look Elia used to play as a SS, did extremely well there as well so youre onto something lynx. He played his best football there at ADO Den Haag and occasionally at Hamburg. I would love to see him trialled there however over more recent years he's developed more into a winger

If this is true then I take back everything I said but the key phrase is used to play, meaning he has already attempted to play this position but flourished at another- this could change but just sayin'

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:36 am

The thing is, that he was changed to a winger because not only did he have talent in that position, that was the position of 'need' so to speak at the time

This guy is super talented. I think if a manager shows some patience, and elia works hard at it, he will be a dynamite forward.

Just a gut feeling.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:37 am

I don't doubt his talent but I also think he can be an incredible winger
Hopefully we just get to see him become an incredible player for Juventus

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:48 am

Luca wrote:I don't doubt his talent but I also think he can be an incredible winger

all in good time i hope
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:31 am

I think that if there is a chance for Elia to succeed, it's under Conte.

He needs to have the character of a champion to succeed, and he needs to be a great professional. I hope all is going well, and I hope(and think) Conte told him from the start it would take awhile to get integrated fully into the team.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:09 am

Henry was tall and physically imposing :shisha:

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Luca wrote:I don't doubt his talent but I also think he can be an incredible winger

The thing is that almost any winger could play up front as a SS but very few wingers make it grand on the wing because thats just difficult

Thats why i sure hope Elia is the man for the wing cause we need the best if Conte is to ever play his/and Juves 4-4-2
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:58 pm

I like Pasquale's piece better. He got everything to the point.

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Unleashing Eljero Elia - the Lynx plan Hi-hater-t-shirt-profile
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down