Luca
djfawnz
Tomwin Lannister
Lynx100
LWL91
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Edinson Cavani vs Quagliarella - Page 3 Empty Re: Edinson Cavani vs Quagliarella

Post by juve_gigi Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:Haha this thread is hilarious. Cavani is one of the greatest strikers in the world, I have seen very few strikers as clinical as him and I have been watching Eurpoean football since the 1980's. Cavani is a beast. You put a couple of playmakers like Hamsik and Lavezzi behind him and he is unstoppable. He is also proven in the Champions League as well.

Cavani is greater than Matri and Quags put together ffs...

And just for the record, I would take Balotelli over Cavani in a heartbeat. He is the next great #9, the next Ronaldo, "Il Fenomeno"...

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

I see him as Amauri type of ST take the creativity behind him or mark it and he is done

Amauri was a beast as well for a couple of years. Also, when he went to Parma and had the midget behind him he was in beast mode there too. Our team lacked creativity when Amauri was here and that is why Amauri sucked with us really. If we had kept the midget on our team Amauri would still be in the starting lineup. But at the end of the day I do like Matri, he is not a beast like Cavani or Balotelli, but he is good enough for our needs for now. And Quags is a good backup and can play multiple positions.

However, if we win the scudetto and qualify for champions league next year, then I want Marotta to go out and get a world class SS to support Matri and Quags.

Thats what I am sayign this whole time

Well then what you are saying is 100% correct... smoking

And then you can blame Marotta for getting rid of the midget and thus ruining Amauri's career... :coffee:

juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Edinson Cavani vs Quagliarella - Page 3 Empty Re: Edinson Cavani vs Quagliarella

Post by Luca Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Quagliarella needs no one, he can create his own shot. He is the superior dribbler and passer, the link up play is not comparable. Fabio can drift out wide and still do damage.

Fabio :bow:

Matri is excellent alongside a player like Vucinic or Del Piero- I do not see him suited to the middle of a 4-3-3 attack without Vucinic alongside him. Maybe Elia too, unsure since we have not seen him.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Anyone watching Cavani right now? He is in beast mode again. He could be the best striker in the world right now, bar none...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Yeah, Napoli is walking over Genoa

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:14 pm

Luca wrote:Quagliarella needs no one, he can create his own shot. He is the superior dribbler and passer, the link up play is not comparable. Fabio can drift out wide and still do damage.

Fabio :bow:

Matri is excellent alongside a player like Vucinic or Del Piero- I do not see him suited to the middle of a 4-3-3 attack without Vucinic alongside him. Maybe Elia too, unsure since we have not seen him.

Cavani and Matri are pure #9's, Quags is a quasi #9 and also a support striker who can create his own shot. That is the difference. Quags doesn't excel in any one position, but is good at several. Cavani is a beast as a #9 and also Matri, when in form, excels at the striker position. I would rather have someone who can excel at one position than have a player who is above average at several positions, if you know what I mean.

Quagliarella is a very good player, but he has played on 8 teams in his career for a reason, he is not a top player at any one position. He is good as a rotational guy and can start for sure in some games, but I would not rely on him to be a starting striker or support striker for my team throughout a whole year. He has just never been that player, neither at Udinese, Napoli or Sampdoria. However, Matri was the guy at Cagliari and now he is the guy at Juventus. That is the difference between the two.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:15 pm

I agree with your points what I mean is Quagliarella is the superior lone striker. Matri just cannot deal anywhere near as well as Fabio does in the same spot.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Luca wrote:I agree with your points what I mean is Quagliarella is the superior lone striker. Matri just cannot deal anywhere near as well as Fabio does in the same spot.

Yes, you are correct. Just like Cavani needs Lavezzi, Matri needs Vucinic or Giovinco, etc.

The only other Italian striker who can play like Quagliarella is Balotelli. Balo can play as a support striker or as a pure #9. He can also create his own shot. But Balo is far superior to Quagliarella. Balo is actually a top player at either position, so he can start as an SS or a #9 and still dominate. Quags cannot dominate at either position but can be a steady player at both and score spectacular goals.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Balotelli is more complete than Quags. Quags does not have the dribbling, versatlity or playmaking Balotelli does, but I see your point Pino.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Balotelli is more complete than Quags. Quags does not have the dribbling, versatlity or playmaking Balotelli does, but I see your point Pino.

Yes, you are correct. Balotelli can actually play as an attacking midfielder as well, trequartista. That may not be his best position, but he could do it. At the end of the day, Balo will become a pure #9 most likely. Balo and Giovinco would be a dream partnership for sure on any team...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Amazing duo, I'd prefer Cassano. But then again, great future for Italy!

Quags-Balotelli would also be amazing
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Amazing duo, I'd prefer Cassano. But then again, great future for Italy!

Quags-Balotelli would also be amazing

Giovinco...Balotelli...Quagliarella in a 4-3-3 would be unstoppable...

:coffee:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:10 pm

The real plan was to have

Rossi-Balotelli-Casano
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:36 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:The real plan was to have

Rossi-Balotelli-Casano

future of Italy.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:41 am

Cassano? He is not a future man.. Maybe for the 2012 Ukraine/Poland but thats not the future.. The future will feature Supermario, Rossi and Giovinco Cool
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:45 am

LWL91 wrote:Cassano? He is not a future man.. Maybe for the 2012 Ukraine/Poland but thats not the future.. The future will feature Supermario, Rossi and Giovinco Cool

Cassanos 29. If he stays fit, he can aim for 2014 worldcup. But yes, Giovinco belongs on that list.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:14 am

I'd give Amauri and Toni for Cavani

Quagiarella and Pepe for Rossi

Iaquinta and Vucinic for Lavezzi

Keep Matri.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3