Luca
djfawnz
Tomwin Lannister
Lynx100
LWL91
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Edinson Cavani vs Quagliarella - Page 2 Empty Re: Edinson Cavani vs Quagliarella

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:20 pm

BoBo wrote:I see alot of games where he is just invinsible, too many and then he makes 3 goals in one match his statistics lie a little maybe not overrated but definetly a strange character... i knew we were *bleep* when he did not line up against us dammn Pandev

I do not know how you can disrespect Cavani this much when he put 3 past Juventus last season and constantly shows up in big games

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Edinson Cavani vs Quagliarella - Page 2 Empty Re: Edinson Cavani vs Quagliarella

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Luca wrote:
BoBo wrote:I see alot of games where he is just invinsible, too many and then he makes 3 goals in one match his statistics lie a little maybe not overrated but definetly a strange character... i knew we were *bleep* when he did not line up against us dammn Pandev

I do not know how you can disrespect Cavani this much when he put 3 past Juventus last season and constantly shows up in big games

Well maybe that's why lol. Don't you notice all the Balotelli hate from Juventini on this forum and in general, after when he owned us, not once, but twice. This sort of reaction is normal.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:

Of course, many prima puntas suffer those games, it's normal... if they don't get the support needed, in this case by Lavezzi and Hamsik, what do you expect him to do?

Just brace them in thats what he does best but agreed they dont always deliver for him

I just think some overrate him in comparison to Matri who is just as good
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:23 pm

How is Matri just as good?
Cavani is much more clinical and dynamic for me.
He is younger and scores more goals, in bigger games (champions league).

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:26 pm

Cavani is a beast, he is one of those people you would love to have poaching around the opponents box.

He has destroyed some of the best teams without a large ammount of chances.

He's not overrated in my opinion.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:36 pm

I rate Quags better than Cavani lol, but thats me being Bias Razz
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Me too :bow:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:42 pm

Why biased when Quags can be from another planet, Cavani and Matri cant
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:46 pm

BoBo wrote:Why biased when Quags can be from another planet, Cavani and Matri cant

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Lynx100 wrote:So muc Pepe hate.....

Ungrateful fans..

There's a reason for that, he's not as good.
Kwame and Luca know Juventus, they know who's good for it, and who's not. Sadly, you don't.

I would love to see you prove that. Oh wait... You can't. Such a disgrace

Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:59 pm

Ungrateful fans..

Kwame and Luca know Juventus, they know who's good for it, and who's not. Sadly, you don't.

Lol the TFC is back in action folks. After they're leader was banned, Stronzo has taken over the True Fan Club and is now looking for new members. Inquire within!

Edinson Cavani vs Quagliarella - Page 2 Hiring-fulll-time-haters-red-t-shirt-male

Disclaimer: New members may have to like Stronzo's post in order to make him feel special... Other conditions may apply.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:08 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:

Ungrateful fans..

Lol the TFC is back in action folks. After they're leader was banned, Stronzo has taken over the True Fan Club and is now looking for new members. Inquire within!

Edinson Cavani vs Quagliarella - Page 2 Hiring-fulll-time-haters-red-t-shirt-male

Disclaimer: New members may have to like Stronzo's post in order to make him feel special... Other conditions may apply.

am not a member, never been....
Twisted Evil

p.s: back from the general football section Suarez racism ban thread, you won't believe some of the sh*t people put up there....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:09 pm

I was browsing a bit, saw you getting into it with a few people

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:58 pm

One thing about Quag, his goals are often unbelievable.

Like the half way line volley when he played for sampdoria. The keeper was in his box too.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:59 pm

TomJuve wrote:One thing about Quag, his goals are often unbelievable.

Like the half way line volley when he played for sampdoria. The keeper was in his box too.

master Tomjuve, how fareth thy?

:bow: :bow: :bow:
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:04 pm

elmystique wrote:

My Questing fare's well young Elm.

How doth thee be in these darketh times?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:21 pm

TomJuve wrote:
elmystique wrote:

fighting evil in the general thread...... my master Twisted Evil
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:22 pm

elmystique wrote:
TomJuve wrote:
elmystique wrote:

Journey safe and keep your eyes open, evil has many forms young one.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:38 pm

TomJuve wrote:
elmystique wrote:
TomJuve wrote:
elmystique wrote:

Journey safe and keep your eyes open, evil has many forms young one.

wise words, well journeyed one :bow: :bow: :bow:
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Haha this thread is hilarious. Cavani is one of the greatest strikers in the world, I have seen very few strikers as clinical as him and I have been watching Eurpoean football since the 1980's. Cavani is a beast. You put a couple of playmakers like Hamsik and Lavezzi behind him and he is unstoppable. He is also proven in the Champions League as well.

Cavani is greater than Matri and Quags put together ffs...

And just for the record, I would take Balotelli over Cavani in a heartbeat. He is the next great #9, the next Ronaldo, "Il Fenomeno"...

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:23 pm

juve_gigi wrote:Haha this thread is hilarious. Cavani is one of the greatest strikers in the world, I have seen very few strikers as clinical as him and I have been watching Eurpoean football since the 1980's. Cavani is a beast. You put a couple of playmakers like Hamsik and Lavezzi behind him and he is unstoppable. He is also proven in the Champions League as well.

And just for the record, I would take Balotelli over Cavani in a heartbeat. He is the next great #9, the next Ronaldo, "Il Fenomeno"...

I see him as Amauri type of ST take the creativity behind him or mark it and he is done
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:21 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:Haha this thread is hilarious. Cavani is one of the greatest strikers in the world, I have seen very few strikers as clinical as him and I have been watching Eurpoean football since the 1980's. Cavani is a beast. You put a couple of playmakers like Hamsik and Lavezzi behind him and he is unstoppable. He is also proven in the Champions League as well.

I see him as Amauri type of ST take the creativity behind him or mark it and he is done

Amauri was a beast as well for a couple of years. Also, when he went to Parma and had the midget behind him he was in beast mode there too. Our team lacked creativity when Amauri was here and that is why Amauri sucked with us really. If we had kept the midget on our team Amauri would still be in the starting lineup. But at the end of the day I do like Matri, he is not a beast like Cavani or Balotelli, but he is good enough for our needs for now. And Quags is a good backup and can play multiple positions.

However, if we win the scudetto and qualify for champions league next year, then I want Marotta to go out and get a world class SS to support Matri and Quags.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:03 am

I too have been watching football since the late 80's. Saying theres few better than Cavani is a HUGE call - I can think of several strikers in the 80s, 90s that could easily match and better him for ability in front of goal

- Van Basten, Ronaldo, Batistuta, Romario, Baggio, Bergkamp, Klinsmann, Kluivert, Sukur, Bierhoff, Shearer, Raul, Trezeguet, Henry... and thats just off the top of my head list can go on and on

Cavani is def very talented, absolutely no doubt about that. But saying theres very few as clinical as him... i have to disagree there. If he keeps this up, im sure he has the ability to join the above list but not just yet.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:06 am

Lynx100 wrote:

I too have been watching football since the late 80's. Saying theres few better than Cavani is a HUGE call - I can think of several strikers in the 80s, 90s that could easily match and better him for ability in front of goal

- Van Basten, Ronaldo, Batistuta, Romario, Baggio, Bergkamp, Klinsmann, Kluivert, Sukur, Bierhoff, Shearer, Raul, Trezeguet, Henry... and thats just off the top of my head list can go on and on

Cavani is def very talented, absolutely no doubt about that. But saying theres very few as clinical as him... i have to disagree there. If he keeps this up, im sure he has the ability to join the above list but not just yet.

Other than Ronaldo and Van Basten and Baggio (who was never a pure striker but more of an attacking midfielder/support striker), I think Cavani is playing at an equal or above level to all the other guys you mentioned at this point in his career. Henry started to hit his form at age 24 so we can only look at what Cavani has done to this point. Henry had some great years between ages 24-28, so let's see what Cavani does over the next 4 years. Shearer also started to hit form at age 24, so again I guess we would have to wait a few years to see if Cavani can continue to play at his current level. Cavani is only 24 years and has already scored 26 goals in one Serie A camaign, which is more than Trezeguet ever scored in one season in his whole career. Cavani, with the right support, can easily get 30 goals or more for the next several years if he keeps going the way he is. That would make him become one of the most prolific scorers in Serie A history for sure.

To compare, look at Trezeguet's career. He came from France to Italy when he was 24 and scored 24 goals in his second season but never hit that mark again in his career. Obviously we don't know what Cavani will do over the next 10 years so no one can say for sure, but watching Trezeguet throughout his whole career at Juve, I can honestly say that Cavani is probably better at this point in his career than Trezeguet was at 24. Let's see what happens with Cavani over the next 10 years, but as of right now I think he is a top 3-4 striker in the world.

But I agree to your point that that there have been lots of clinical strikers over the years and guys that you and I have never even mentioned, but Cavani, in my opinion, has the ability and talent to match all the players that you mentioned above except for Ronaldo, Van Basten and of course Baggio, who was never really a pure #9. But it is a no brainer that Cavani is way ahead of Quags and Matri, and I am Italian so it is hard for me to say that. The only Italian that can compare to Cavani is Balotelli.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:59 am

juve_gigi wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Amauri was a beast as well for a couple of years. Also, when he went to Parma and had the midget behind him he was in beast mode there too. Our team lacked creativity when Amauri was here and that is why Amauri sucked with us really. If we had kept the midget on our team Amauri would still be in the starting lineup. But at the end of the day I do like Matri, he is not a beast like Cavani or Balotelli, but he is good enough for our needs for now. And Quags is a good backup and can play multiple positions.

However, if we win the scudetto and qualify for champions league next year, then I want Marotta to go out and get a world class SS to support Matri and Quags.

Thats what I am sayign this whole time
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Thats what I am sayign this whole time

Well then what you are saying is 100% correct... smoking

And then you can blame Marotta for getting rid of the midget and thus ruining Amauri's career... :coffee:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next