Should instant replay exist in football? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Should instant replay exist in football?

+27
leemhuis
bazinga
_LMG_10_
Tomasso
Despiadado.Maleante
animal.crackers
RedOranje
Le Samourai
BarrileteCosmico
beatrixasdfghjk.
everest1
andiii
SaintJoe
Gomez83
vivabarca38
billionmillion
Rebaño Sagrado
che
Dnmac4
Tomwin Lannister
Eivindo
justdoit_
harhar11
CBarca
the xcx
zarola
Onyx
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should instant replay exist in football?

Should instant replay exist in football? Vote_lcap68%Should instant replay exist in football? Voting_bar 68% 
[ 25 ]
Should instant replay exist in football? Vote_lcap30%Should instant replay exist in football? Voting_bar 30% 
[ 11 ]
Should instant replay exist in football? Vote_lcap2%Should instant replay exist in football? Voting_bar 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 37

Should instant replay exist in football? Empty Should instant replay exist in football?

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:37 pm

Usually when it's a pen you usually see the foul othat led to the pen replayed a lot of times on TV up until the penalty is taken, so I don't think it would waste time to watch a replay.

This is what FIFA said about it:

In 2005, Urs Linsi, general secretary of FIFA, said:[16]
Players, coaches and referees all make mistakes. It's part of the game. It's what I would call the "first match". What you see after the fact on video simply doesn't come into it; that's the "second match", if you like. Video evidence is useful for disciplinary sanctions, but that's all. As we've always emphasised at FIFA, football's human element must be retained. It mirrors life itself and we have to protect it.
Usually when it's a pen you usually see the foul that led to the pen replayed a lot of times up until the penalty is taken, so I don't think it would waste time to watch a rel

Last edited by mtfootball on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Should instant replay exist in football? Empty Re: Should instant replay exist in football?

Post by zarola Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:53 pm

yes
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Should instant replay exist in football? Empty Re: Should instant replay exist in football?

Post by the xcx Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:53 pm

NO, it would ruin football and replays usually take like 3-4 mins off the game plus a decision making from referee.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:56 pm

Make a poll, dawg.

And NO. Oh my...just no.

If you want to kill the game and it's integrity there ya go. Instant replay.

If you want to watch the NFL come to the US and watch 4 hour games with a commercial break every two minutes. But I'm sticking with good ol' football-my love.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:03 pm

^ A question about NFL. Is it true that the actual time that the ball is in play in NFL is only around 12 minutes?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:05 pm

harhar11 wrote:^ A question about NFL. Is it true that the actual time that the ball is in play in NFL is only around 12 minutes?

I've heard that before and I'm not sure (I don't watch it much), but 12 minutes is stretching it, IMO.

It's not a helluva lot though I'll tell you that though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:07 pm

If done properly, the ref would hear the verdict on his jog back to the center circle, so yes.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:19 pm

see in hockey and NFL I *bleep* hate it cuz they watch the same replay a billion times . I'd hate to see that in soccer/football, but having the replays on the large screen so the ref can look back at any decision he makes quickly *cough Argentina Mexico* , would be sufficient.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:16 am

football should have a challenge system like in tennis. it couldnt be more fair than that. no one can complain about it taking too much time either
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Bump.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Hell Naaaaw.

Goal-line technology is enough for me, the ultimate aim in football is scoring goals and scoring more than the other team.

That's as far as it should go.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Yes but make it a challenge system like 3 per side or some shit so it does not get out of control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Of course they should. The people who act like it would just be impossible to figure out how to do it infuriate me to no end. There like the people who say there just no way to figure out how to have a college football playoff system.

It's really simple. Most calls on a football field are subjective to the ref's judgement so you don't use it for that. But for if the ball crosses the goal line or if the goal was off or onside it should be used. It literally takes less time then it does to run the ball back to the middle of the field to start the game again to see if a goal is onside or not.

The subjective calls in a game it should not be used for. Like hand balls, it's the refs job to see if and make a judgement call if it's hand to ball or ball to hand.

Also, I would be all for if a ref had a way to signal the people and said he didn't have a good angle or see the play in question to have the booth make a quick and right decision instead of totally letting it go or making a game changing decision from something he could barely see. I mean they stop the game and run over to another official all the time what is the difference?

It's the same reason the NFL has it now is because the game is not like it used to be. More fouls are called the players and game are faster there's more money and peoples reputations on the line plus IT"S A REALLY SIMPLE WAY TO GET IT RIGHT and that should be what people want in the end.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:47 pm

yes it should and it's absolutely disgraceful that it isn't used yet

i don't know where people get the idea that football with video technology = nfl... all it takes is literally one extra referee (maybe put one of those penalty area knobs to actual use) sitting in front of a tv screen with a headset communicating with the referee

questionable call is made, players signal to coach, coach tells fourth referee, fourth referee tells main ref, main ref talks with video ref, 20 seconds later you've got a decision

entire process takes about 30 seconds, meanwhile players are on the pitch crowding the referee and arguing who should and shouldn't get a yellow card...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:53 pm

But how often would these replay refs get involved in a match?

I mean would he only come in for "big calls" or for every decision the main ref actually got wrong

no replay in football imo...only goal technology
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:55 pm

challenge system... 2 or 3 per team, only applicable with red cards, penalties and goals
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:58 pm

sounds familiar hmm

che wrote:

i don't know where people get the idea that football with video technology = nfl

Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:00 am

entirely different point... some people seem to think that implementing video technology would turn football into a constantly interrupted slugfest like nfl, which is, simply put, bullshit
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:06 am

che wrote:challenge system... 2 or 3 per team, only applicable with red cards, penalties and goals

good point, but what would happen on those plays that are still incredibly hard to tell in replay even with slow motion and all?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:14 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:But how often would these replay refs get involved in a match?

I mean would he only come in for "big calls" or for every decision the main ref actually got wrong

no replay in football imo...only goal technology

You really would be against using technology to judge if a goal is on or offsides?

Remember Bayern vs Fiorentina in the CL or Even Man U vs Barca in the CL final where Man U's first goal was offsides? It literally would take 5 seconds to get it right. Before the guys minute long celebration is even over or before the keeper take his goal kick.

I mean it's the hardest thing for a human being to judge IMO is the offside rule. There very far away and it's a split second decision.

I don't mean to single you out I just can't possibly understand how someone could be against it? It's literally one of the hardest calls in all of sports that you could get right every time with almost no effort or effect on the game.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:15 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
che wrote:challenge system... 2 or 3 per team, only applicable with red cards, penalties and goals

good point, but what would happen on those plays that are still incredibly hard to tell in replay even with slow motion and all?

Just go with the call on the field.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:18 am

its simple - referee will carry a small screen with himself or a mobile phone. he will see instant replay immediately in 5 seconds and decide

or he doesnt need to carry anything. Fourth referee will watch it on manitor and signal to main referee. simple and easy
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:22 am

I dont think they should do that because it would kill the excitement of Soccer.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:26 am

you will get used to it, and you will be happy because barca will win more titles
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:46 am

Only way I can see possible is if it's done the same way that accidentally happened in 2010 World Cup with Argentina and Mexico.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next