JAY-Z
billionmillion
McLewis
dostoevsky
Mr Nick09
Giovanni10
10 posters

Go down

Roma: They still play the same! Empty Roma: They still play the same!

Post by Giovanni10 Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:31 am

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills!

Luis Enrique, what are you doing!?

I was watching a bit of the game last night? How can the manager expect a midfield 3 of Greco, De Rossi and Gago to play frakking tiki taka keep ball? Has he lost his mind. They are not technically gifted passers of the ball and they're static! They don't pass and move!

Then you have Pjanic, the only player who could possibly play that style of football, as a disjointed AM way too far up the pitch.

There is no ball-playing centre half either. It's all wrong. WRONG.

The closest he can get to a technical midfield (because lets be honest the signings have not been great) would be De Rossi for the Busquets role; Pjanic for the Xavi role; and Bojan (who at least has some technical ability) for the Iniesta role.

But that is still a severely watered down version of Barca. On top of all that he has not 1 speedy winger either because he sold Menez.

This guy is a joke, sack him.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Roma: They still play the same! Empty Re: Roma: They still play the same!

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:36 am

I used to think that the closest they can get to that kind of midfield is

Pjanic-De Rossi-Gago, with Gago playing distribution from deep. He isnt very good on the ball tho.

What's of Pizarro nowadays?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:37 am

Bojan for the Iniesta role? Suspect Lamela maybe if you want such an attacking midfield trio?

Roma are a long term project and success is not expected instantly. I agree with Nick's midfield, Pizarro has been injured I believe. Just as Chelsea are still adapting their squad, just because Roma had a huge transfer market doesn't mean that they are by any means a completed squad in need of chemistry, they still need to address personnel issues whilst simultaneously adapting to Enrique.

Roma's major problem this year was always going to be their defence however, as it always is. When Kjaer is injured it effectively devastates their back four with Juan in rapid decline and Burdisso and Heinze always decidedly average.

Roma are a two-three year project, sacking Enrique would be a massive step backwards for the management of the club.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:12 am

I saw Bojan play as an emergency AM a couple of year back during Iniesta's injury woes and he looked good to me. Too Attacking? Yes maybe, but with a poor defense as Dosto has so aptly pointed out, maybe the best form of defence would be to attack in this moment in time.

I have a problem with Enrique already, because he doesn't inspire confidence in his team. Last night was a perfect example. He pushed Pjanic up to the front 3 to play a more defense minded midfield because he feared Udinese, hence compromising his team's style. Barca don't compromise their style, NEVER! Do Barca come to the Bernabeu and field a midfield 3 of Mascherano, Busquets and Keita? No. Enrique is already way off the mark and everyone can see it.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:41 am

Dani and I discussed the philosophy of possession and attack as defence for Roma, however I don't consider Roma's defence anywhere near strong enough to allow for such a luxury.

It requires simultaneously implementing a very high pressure system in order to blunt the danger of counter-attacking football by attempting to retrieve the ball before the opponents can make three to four passes, however it would stretch this Roma squad to the limit. Enrique may be a rotation freak, however Pizarro, Perrotta and Simplicio - the latter whom he never plays anyway - are all on the wrong side of 30. The squad isn't homogenous enough yet, however I don't see the real problem for Roma. It will be a gradual transition and one they are still working on.

Balance - as Pep found between the 2009 and 2011 side as he gradually changed a great side to begin with - will be the key and Enrique will sometimes have to be conservative in his approach, even if I believe he got the line-up wrong against Udinese. The midfield that you rightly stated Pep would never field in the Bernebau isn't comparable to the one Enrique fielded, however one that it is very similar to was the Xavi-Busquets-Keita midfield that Pep fielded several years ago, with Alves on the right wing, in the Bernebau. Greco is quite a mouldable player, though he is by no means a typical 'youth' and Enrique rewards performance in training.

Enrique will not rob an Italian team of confidence through a conservative line-up, he will however make this team grow if he's allowed the time to complete this project. One midfield change - all that was missing to a degree - doesn't put him way off the mark, he's allowed to make mistakes in his first year as coach. Mourinho, Allegri, Wenger and Ferguson have all been schooled at some point in the past twelve months, they're still excellent coaches.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:26 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:I feel like i'm taking crazy pills!

I was watching a bit of the game last night? How can the manager expect a midfield 3 of Greco, De Rossi and Gago to play frakking tiki taka keep ball? Has he lost his mind. They are not technically gifted passers of the ball and they're static! They don't pass and move!

Then you have Pjanic, the only player who could possibly play that style of football, as a disjointed AM way too far up the pitch.

The closest he can get to a technical midfield (because lets be honest the signings have not been great) would be De Rossi for the Busquets role; Pjanic for the Xavi role; and Bojan (who at least has some technical ability) for the Iniesta role.

But that is still a severely watered down version of Barca. On top of all that he has not 1 speedy winger either because he sold Menez.

Calling for the sack when you've only watched 1 of our 13 games this season. Ridiculous. I know your a Madrid fan and so are conditioned to hate Luis Enrique, but check that at the door when you talk about Roma. Pulling the plug on LE would pull the plug on this project. Will that improve Roma? Absolutely not.

Our midfield was indeed poor and Greco's selection ahead of the likes of Perrotta and Simplicio. Guidolin had Udinese set up to pressure us when we neared their final 3rd and then push forward on the counter. We simply misplaced too many passes going forward and failed to reclaim possession quick enough when they broke forward. As we saw in the first half, we actually cancelled each other out.

If you still think we're trying to make ourselves into a carbon copy of Barca simply because we have a former player and coach leading us, you've clearly not been following Roma this season. It's been a bit of Barca and a bit of Roma fused together. It's been beautiful at times and ugly at others. That's what is to grow on the pitch.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:39 pm

I miss those days

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Pizarro fits that style of play greatly, but he is injured I think, thats why he didnt play.

JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:12 pm

McLewis wrote:

Calling for the sack when you've only watched 1 of our 13 games this season. Ridiculous. I know your a Madrid fan and so are conditioned to hate Luis Enrique, but check that at the door when you talk about Roma. Pulling the plug on LE would pull the plug on this project. Will that improve Roma? Absolutely not.

Our midfield was indeed poor and Greco's selection ahead of the likes of Perrotta and Simplicio. Guidolin had Udinese set up to pressure us when we neared their final 3rd and then push forward on the counter. We simply misplaced too many passes going forward and failed to reclaim possession quick enough when they broke forward. As we saw in the first half, we actually cancelled each other out.

If you still think we're trying to make ourselves into a carbon copy of Barca simply because we have a former player and coach leading us, you've clearly not been following Roma this season. It's been a bit of Barca and a bit of Roma fused together. It's been beautiful at times and ugly at others. That's what is to grow on the pitch.

I would suggest for an admin that you motivate your arguments better than to jump to conclusions about me. No need to target the fact sarcastically that i'm a real madrid fan, that has nothing to do with the price of eggs. Secondly i'm not pre-conditioned to hate luis Enrique, I really care less about his attitudes of preference to teams in Spain. Lastly, I'm not so consumed with my own team that I don't follow other football, I have seen a good handful of their games this season. Anything you said after those misconceptions about me I completely disregard. Thanks for the insults, you make me feel as I'm commiting blasphemy by commenting on your side, I will be sure not to again.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:30 pm

If they sack him they'll do the same mistake juve did in the last 2-3 yrs ...let the man work on peace ...
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:07 am

Fonz, Mike and Mclewis know what I feel about this guy. I won't repeat myself, we went to prolong debates about this, and I will just get to the point now. Unlike most people here, I've watched Roma from the start. Since their Europa Qualifers up to their loss yesterday to Udine, which was a fairly good... but flawless game up until the end.

For example... Playing Taddei as a fullback again is just the idiotic mistakes he keeps doing and yet dosent learn from them.

Anyways here's the point...

Enrique is not meant for Serie A. Want further arguments or points? Please visit the Roma section.

I'd give him a season though, I'm keeping on Mclewis word to give this man time and give him the benefit of the doubt. But at the end of the day, I don't have any faith in him. Thats just me, but in general some Romanisti feel the same way...
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:25 am

Giovanni10 wrote:
McLewis wrote:

I would suggest for an admin that you motivate your arguments better than to jump to conclusions about me. No need to target the fact sarcastically that i'm a real madrid fan, that has nothing to do with the price of eggs. Secondly i'm not pre-conditioned to hate luis Enrique, I really care less about his attitudes of preference to teams in Spain. Lastly, I'm not so consumed with my own team that I don't follow other football, I have seen a good handful of their games this season. Anything you said after those misconceptions about me I completely disregard. Thanks for the insults, you make me feel as I'm commiting blasphemy by commenting on your side, I will be sure not to again.

I've heard nothing but hate from Madrid fans towards Luis Enrique so forgive me if that is what I expect from a Madrid fan that rips into him and his tactics. If that indeed was not the case, then I apologize. Now are we going to get back to the topic or do you want to continue complaining because the big bad Admin called you out on the ridiculous knee-jerking done in the OP? Your choice, brah.

Last edited by McLewis on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:27 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Fonz, Mike and Mclewis know what I feel about this guy. I won't repeat myself, we went to prolong debates about this, and I will just get to the point now. Unlike most people here, I've watched Roma from the start. Since their Europa Qualifers up to their loss yesterday to Udine, which was a fairly good... but flawless game up until the end.

For example... Playing Taddei as a fullback again is just the idiotic mistakes he keeps doing and yet dosent learn from them.

Anyways here's the point...

Enrique is not meant for Serie A. Want further arguments or points? Please visit the Roma section.

I'd give him a season though, I'm keeping on Mclewis word to give this man time and give him the benefit of the doubt. But at the end of the day, I don't have any faith in him. Thats just me, but in general some Romanisti feel the same way...

I don't have a problem with him playing Taddei as a fullback in emergencies.But I do have a problem with his constant rotating it's getting beyond a joke now.Take the Lecce game for example one of our best games of the season.Now why didn't he start with that same 11,bar injuries for Udinese.Way to much choping and changing.How will we ever build any team chemistry. :facepalm:

Last edited by The Fonz on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:31 am

McLewis wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:
McLewis wrote:

I've heard nothing but hate from Madrid fans towards Luis Enrique so forgive me if that is what I expect from a Madrid fan that rips into him and his tactics. If that indeed was not the case, then I apologize. Now are we going to get back to the topic or do you want to continue complaining because the big bad Admin called you out on the ridiculous knee-jerking done in the OP? Your choice, brah.

You know what the funny thing about that is probably half of them weren't even born when he transfered to Barca. Laughing
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:32 am

Giovanni10 wrote:

I would suggest you watch your mouth before speaking none sense and saying he brings out invalid arguments, because the way he responded to you was exactly what I thought about as an assumption when reading your post.

Actually, you being a Madrid fan is relevant, because unlike you... we actually watch the games. At times I wonder if you and your Madrid fans even know what your talking about. Sure majority of you dislike him fine, just like me. But yours arguments towards him are slim to none . Anyways You don't, and please don't lie and claim that you do... because I can ask you a simple question right now that you wouldn't even figure out.

By the way, how on earth is he insulting you? If that's insulting, then you sir once again speak of none sense.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:54 am

I think the OP has now thoroughly been lost, Camurria delivering the final nail in its coffin. I was not insulted, I found his assumptions of me as a Real Madrid fan insulting. You on the other hand, have no further concern for the OP and merely wish to instigate words with me.

Why don't you take it to the next level and get yourself banned yet again and come back with yet another user name. I behave myself on this forum.

I will concede that my OP was quite passionately written, but those that know me on here know that I do that intentionally to get the conversation going! nothing gets opinion flowing better than a controversial OP.

Dosto, your input was class as always, the rest of you could actually learn a thing or two about credible arguments from him. My OP and further posts raised some good points.

The rest of your responses were fuelled by putting the "No-nothing Real Madrid tool" in his place. I watch Roma fairly consistently. My core opinion is that Luis Enrique (not because I have a personal vendetta against him) is not going to get it right no matter how much time you give him.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:17 am

McLewis has had to put up with this discussion constantly since Enrique's arrival, so it's understandable that he was a tad snappy, I'll just leave it at that.

I honestly believe all the responses have been constructive enough to build a conversation, however if you've read through the Roma section you probably expect, as I do, that those qualified to discuss it don't have the energy to go over it again.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:51 pm

dostoevsky wrote:McLewis has had to put up with this discussion constantly since Enrique's arrival, so it's understandable that he was a tad snappy, I'll just leave it at that.

I honestly believe all the responses have been constructive enough to build a conversation, however if you've read through the Roma section you probably expect, as I do, that those qualified to discuss it don't have the energy to go over it again.

Exactly, we've gone over this many, many times in the Roma section. It's not hard to find one of the many long debates me, Fonz, Mclewis, Camurria and many others (Roma fans and not) have had over Luis Enrique in general. There's some type of discussion after every match concerning Enrique's decisions.

But to respond to your posts, Giovanni, your original post just seems like a cry for attention to be honest. First of all, you can't implement "tiki taka" overnight, as I've stated many times. It'll take time for this team to get used to playing this style of football. As all of our management, as well as our coach, has been saying, this is very much a work in progress. All judgement towards Luis Enrique should be held to at least the end of the season, to see what he's done with this team since his arrival. We are not looking for a quick fix, as can be seen through our transfer policies, so the growing pains are going to be inevitable.

Second, enough with this Barcelona comparison already. We're not Barca, nor are we aiming to become like them. Yes, we'll use them as a model for good football, but enough with this Xavi-role, Iniesta-role, etc and with our tactics having to constantly be compared. We are our own team with our own identity and always have been.

Next, how did Luis Enrique sell Menez? Sabatini and co. sold Menez cuz they realized he was lazy and had no desire to do well for us. He wasn't a good winger, contrary to the belief of people who have only seen him in highlight reels.

Also, Pjanic being pushed up means a more defensive minded midfield caused by fear. Absolutely not. Due to injuries (Totti, Borriello, Borini), that was the best possible tactical move against a team that basically clogged up the midfield. And Pjanic actually played well further up the pitch as he always has this season when moved to that position, so I don't see the problem here.

That original post was a needless bashing of a guy you don't like. If it isn't, then you don't know what our actual objectives are, nor the immense difficulty in switching from the Ranieri mentality to the Luis Enrique one.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:I think the OP has now thoroughly been lost, Camurria delivering the final nail in its coffin. I was not insulted, I found his assumptions of me as a Real Madrid fan insulting. You on the other hand, have no further concern for the OP and merely wish to instigate words with me.

Why don't you take it to the next level and get yourself banned yet again and come back with yet another user name. I behave myself on this forum.

I will concede that my OP was quite passionately written, but those that know me on here know that I do that intentionally to get the conversation going! nothing gets opinion flowing better than a controversial OP.

First of all, let's clarify.

1) I never got banned
2) I changed my name in request with another admin and asked for my warnings to go through
3) Once again you speaking none sense and not knowing what you're talking about
4) I'm not trying to get myself banned

You want the conversation to keep going? Go to the Roma and section and continue it there. This conversation has been spoken way to many times now its boring. It's like Old news, nobody cares anymore.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down