What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

What is the best side of Premier League era?

+35
vivabarca38
The Franchise
che
StevieRayVaughan
Lord Awesome
Abramovich
aford92
Superstone Mariomintsch
kiranr
xabi
Ali
Raptorgunner
Gil
julias
beatrixasdfghjk.
VanDeezNuts
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Dnmac4
goonbrain
El Chelsea Fuerte
RED
Highburied
Le Samourai
Babun
The Madrid One
mzamani
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
RealGunner
Zealous
gunner1987
REWB
jibers
Iceman
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sushi Master
39 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Best Side of Premier League Era>?

What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Vote_lcap19%What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Voting_bar 19% 
[ 13 ]
What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Voting_bar 3% 
[ 2 ]
What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Vote_lcap42%What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Voting_bar 42% 
[ 29 ]
What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Voting_bar 3% 
[ 2 ]
What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Voting_bar 14% 
[ 10 ]
What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Voting_bar 7% 
[ 5 ]
What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Vote_lcap12%What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Voting_bar 12% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 69

What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Empty Re: What is the best side of Premier League era?

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:10 am

Gil wrote:That Arsenal 03-04 is the most overrated side in history. Yeah they finished the season unbeaten and it was a great achievement but they did f**k all in Europe and in the cups. Best side ever yet they couldn't even win the League the following season. Laughing

They finished the season unbeaten but I think like 5 or 6 title winners over the years have finished with a higher point tally. They didn't even score the most goals either for the Arsenal fans that are going to use the boring "most attractive side ever11!11" line.

Chelsea 04-05
Record for lowest amount of goals conceded
Record for most wins in a Premier League season
Record points tally in a season
Most away wins in a single season
Fewest goals conceded away in a season
Most clean sheets in a season

Imagine if they had the 06-07 version of Drogba in that team. affraid

Mate, people automatically over-rate them just because they have 'invincible' in front of their name. We only lost one game in the 04-05 season ffs...plus we won more than Arsenal that season. Along with all the records you listed above. That counts more than losing one game...

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

What is the best side of Premier League era? - Page 4 Empty Re: What is the best side of Premier League era?

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:16 am

When you go unbeaten come talk to us, we had some of the greatest players to ever walk the earth.

Just search the Invincibles, you wont see Chelsea or United you will see Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:19 am

Miguel Delaney describes Arsenal captained by Vieira (not talking specifically about the invincibles season) perfectly here "A divine team, but never a truly dominant one. For a start, the team’s cycle was bookended by two very contrasting summers. In 2001, Wenger embarked on an untypical spending spree. In 2005, Patrick Vieira departed while complaining of a dearth of world-class signings." There is a key for me, as they don't want Man Utd to continue their streak from 1999, Wenger spent. With the money splashed for Emirates, that as of now still holds the title as cursed stadium, have been recovered; Wenger deciding to spend well would be key for Arsenal's title challenge. Perhaps Arsenal could really win the EPL next season? :king: Or even this season? banana
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:25 am

Raptorgunner wrote:When you go unbeaten come talk to us, we had some of the greatest players to ever walk the earth.

Just search the Invincibles, you wont see Chelsea or United you will see Arsenal.

True dat Very Happy However, it just absolutely give you better level of memorability. Doesn't automatically make Arsenal better though. :coffee: Haha, everyone could use that arguments, Man U fans: just search the team that has won two trebles, you wont see dis n dat; Chelsea fans: just search the team that has the highest points tally through the rocksolid defence, you wont see :coffee: n Afro.

The poll is about what is the better side no? :dance: :dance: :dance:
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:26 am

Raptorgunner wrote:When you go unbeaten come talk to us, we had some of the greatest players to ever walk the earth.

This again :facepalm:

Clearly delusional.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:22 am

United in the late 90's by far. Followed by Chelsea 04 and then Arsenal.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:44 am

I think its close between United 90's I mean the strike force they had was pretty sick, and then 2004 what a clean up. A BS penalty or we could have been unbeaten, although I'd take the league cup over that one loss any day of the week.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Arsenal Invincibles followed by Man City Today.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:49 pm

Really? For a minute, I want to scoop down to your level and say something like: look at the CL titles won..you will see Man-U, Madrid etc..but not Arsenal. You see what i did there?

I support Atleti, but Arsenal is without a doubt my favorite team in the epl. I was also lucky enough to watch the invincibles. Chelsea's side were just clearly superior/more efficient in almost every aspect.

The problem with some of your ( Arsenal fans) arguments, are that you keep saying we were unbeaten for a whole year, therefore we were better. But consistency is so important, yet you keep avoiding that subject. The reason this current Barca side is so well-thought off is because of their consistency, not because they were a one-season wonder ( which they were not).

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:37 am

Mr.Hendrix wrote:

Really? For a minute, I want to scoop down to your level and say something like: look at the CL titles won..you will see Man-U, Madrid etc..but not Arsenal. You see what i did there?

I support Atleti, but Arsenal is without a doubt my favorite team in the epl. I was also lucky enough to watch the invincibles. Chelsea's side were just clearly superior/more efficient in almost every aspect.

The problem with some of your ( Arsenal fans) arguments, are that you keep saying we were unbeaten for a whole year, therefore we were better. But consistency is so important, yet you keep avoiding that subject. The reason this current Barca side is so well-thought off is because of their consistency, not because they were a one-season wonder ( which they were not).

Yeah, the idea is the same with my posts basically. Here, we're not talking about that long of a time interval though the way you use consistency to regard Barca as the best. We're talking just about which one is the best in the list on that exact period, in which if you researched thoroughly Arsenal were not statistically the best compared with the others, it's just they are more memorable due to achieving the ultra hard achievement. But, we can't exactly say a gamer who finally can win in the Legendary Ultra Hard level would always win against the guy who dominated the World Class Hard level and can't unlock the legendary level because they were tricked.

For me anyway, the Invincibles is undoubtedly my favorite in the list personal wise and performance wise, but I don't think they're undoubtedly the best. They're a strong candidate, they're divine, but they're not unbeatable, they lost in the other competitions for fact. Very Happy But I just love this side so much. Heart Crying or Very sad
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:53 am

on the 2004-05 season, chelsea lost their 9th game, i think.
but for arsenal, with each game played the pressure was on them to remain unbeaten.
teams will be extra-determined to end their streak..and the gunners will be extra-nervous.
how they managed to do that is beyond me.

if i were an arsenal player, i would have pissed my pants in the last game.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:09 am

arsenal fans Laughing

"chelsea won more games"
"BUT WE WERE UNDEFEATED!!!111!"
"chelsea got more points"
"chelsea set a record for goals conceded"
"chelsea reached a cl semifinal"

Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:17 am

I think it was that Chelsea side. Its only about the strongest team for one season, and the defensive core of that side was insane with Makelele and that back 4. Then on the counter attack, they were very dangerous.

I am not sure of Utds best side, but one of them must be close. Not the 99 side though, the treble has made them overrated. Juve and Bayern convincingly outplayed them despite losing.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:39 am

Outplayed them how? By losing? Bayern and Juve choked simple as that.

And even if you are saying they were lucky (which they probably were), I'd rather be lucky than good. That United team had some weird voodoo sh*t going on. It got to the point were you thought they were still in the game at 3-0 down.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:47 am

Watch the games.

Contrary to popular belief around here, the best teams dont always win.

I watched all those games under a year ago, in every game Man Utd were by far second best.

Choking? Hitting the bar and post numerous times isnt choking, its football, its bad luck.

The question is, best team...not most lucky, or even who won the most.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:59 am

The Franchise wrote:Watch the games.

I watched all those games under a year ago, in every game Man Utd were by far second best.

Choking? Hitting the bar and post numerous times isnt choking, its football, its bad luck.

What defines the best then if it not winning? Barvelona 'dominated' inte but lost, were they the beter team? United won and we beat Juve by sheer will power and by the force of ROy Keane, who took the game into his own hands!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:00 am

We couldn't dominate Bayern because our two CM's were missing, Scholes and Keane. End of the day we won the treble. Great teams always creat their own luck.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:43 am

jibers wrote:

What defines the best then if it not winning? Barvelona 'dominated' inte but lost, were they the beter team? United won and we beat Juve by sheer will power and by the force of ROy Keane, who took the game into his own hands!

There is no defines. I just saw the games and you can see which sides was better.

It sounds romantic that Keane did all that, but in reality there was also a minor miracle that Juve didnt put the game to bed. But thats football, it happens.

As I said, the best team doesnt always win. You would rather win then be the best, but the question is, which team was the best.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:24 am

There was No competition in the League for Man united that season. It was a one horse race the moment Vieira got banned for 6 matches and Bergkamp got injured
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:02 pm

sepi can u stop copying threads from Rawk :coffee:
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:04 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:sepi can u stop copying threads from Rawk :coffee:

I was the one who created the same thread on RAWK :coffee:
there you go, now you know my account name Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:29 pm

LOL @ Newcastle of 2011 getting more votes than Arsenal side won League and cup double and United side with Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez that won League and CL

banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:55 pm

The Franchise wrote:
jibers wrote:

There is no defines. I just saw the games and you can see which sides was better.

It sounds romantic that Keane did all that, but in reality there was also a minor miracle that Juve didnt put the game to bed. But thats football, it happens.

As I said, the best team doesnt always win. You would rather win then be the best, but the question is, which team was the best.

Objectively you look at the stats, Chelsea are the best. There is no way to say who the ebst is as they couldn't play each other, the clsoest we can have is chelsea competing against pretty much the exact same arsenal team. Chelsea have the most points, the least goals conceded and the most away win n premiership history, all the while mou didnt lose a single game at home. The supposedly attacking incvincibles got 1 more goal than them, yes....1 more. Chelsea were superior. No competition really. TRhey were so good that it took Fergi 3 + yeasr to build a squad that could compete and in doing so made us betetr in Europe. That teams influence on the prem, good and bad cannot be ovverstated enough tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:08 pm

i chose arsenal invincibles over mou's chelsea because they were also very entertaining and they didn't really use anything like "fergie time" to help them win. i'm pretty sure mou's chelsea came away with a lot of 1-0 type scorelines... more than arsenal i'd assume, but it's close
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:29 pm

che wrote:arsenal fans Laughing

"chelsea won more games"
"chelsea got more points"
"chelsea set a record for goals conceded"
"chelsea reached a cl semifinal"

Laughing

Exactly Laughing Laughing Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:59 pm

andiii wrote:i chose arsenal invincibles over mou's chelsea because they were also very entertaining and they didn't really use anything like "fergie time" to help them win. i'm pretty sure mou's chelsea came away with a lot of 1-0 type scorelines... more than arsenal i'd assume, but it's close

So why do Arsenal have one more goal scored that season and double the draws... :coffee:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next