Great Leader Sprucenuce
Zees
Lex
chaval
Superstone Mariomintsch
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Under-appreciated players Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Under-appreciated players Appreciation Thread

Post by The Nature Boy Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Simone Pepe

The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Under-appreciated players Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Under-appreciated players Appreciation Thread

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:51 pm

king_alex10 wrote:Simone Pepe

Is he a player and not some Lord? scratch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:28 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
McLewis wrote:Maybe I don't read the right threads on these boards, but I hardly ever see Stek or Howard get mentioned along with the likes of Casillas, Valdes, Buffon, Neuer, Hart and so on.

Could be just me though.

Explain to me why Howard should be mentioned among those guys?

He's a very meh goalkeeper and is probably only just top ten in the premier league if that, Stek i will give you but Howard no way.

He's been hot and cold this season, but his past 2 or 3 season for Everton have been fantastic. Not to mention his displays for USA. He's saved both his club and his national team on so many occasions. It's sad and a little ridiculous that his mistakes at Man United have still left a sour impression from some people about him. He's a far better keeper than the one that lost the match for MU against Porto.

And I never said anything about him being top 10, but I still think he deserves at least a mention for what he brings to the teams he plays for. He's an influential presence for both Everton and USA. That cannot be denied. I'd also count Brad Friedel and Kasey Keller as equal if not better keepers, but because they never achieved the heights of more established keepers, they'll never get their rightful due. Hence all 3 are under appreciated.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:46 pm

McLewis wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
McLewis wrote:Maybe I don't read the right threads on these boards, but I hardly ever see Stek or Howard get mentioned along with the likes of Casillas, Valdes, Buffon, Neuer, Hart and so on.

Could be just me though.

Explain to me why Howard should be mentioned among those guys?

He's a very meh goalkeeper and is probably only just top ten in the premier league if that, Stek i will give you but Howard no way.

He's been hot and cold this season, but his past 2 or 3 season for Everton have been fantastic. Not to mention his displays for USA. He's saved both his club and his national team on so many occasions. It's sad and a little ridiculous that his mistakes at Man United have still left a sour impression from some people about him. He's a far better keeper than the one that lost the match for MU against Porto.

And I never said anything about him being top 10, but I still think he deserves at least a mention for what he brings to the teams he plays for. He's an influential presence for both Everton and USA. That cannot be denied. I'd also count Brad Friedel and Kasey Keller as equal if not better keepers, but because they never achieved the heights of more established keepers, they'll never get their rightful due. Hence all 3 are under appreciated.

Fair enough, my comment was more aimed at Ganso in anyway.......

And i also wont comment on his performances for USA because i dont watch international football a great deal, but opinions have more been gauged on his Everton performances which have been very midtable imo sometimes he can be great, other times average and sometimes awful.....

Dont feel he is underappreciated as far as PL goalkeepers go he gets about the level of recognition he deserves imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Under-appreciated players Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Sarcasm_detector
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:07 pm

I will add my Hungarian homie, Balazs Dzsudzsak. So pissed that he went to Anzhi though Evil or Very Mad

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Ah, Dzsudzsak is such a dudejack, cool creative creature. Why, just support Anzhi then, they're upcoming :dance:
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:Ah, Dzsudzsak is such a dudejack, cool creative creature. Why, just support Anzhi then, they're upcoming :dance:

I will still support Dzsudzsak but am dissapointed with his move. I was in Amsterdam this summer and people asked me where I was from and I told them i'm Hungarian living in the Cali, their responses were "you know Dzsudzsak?" and they shook their heads. I can't blame them because I feel the same way, and I was in Hungary before that and they feel the same way. I guess $$ talks, though.

So much skill and potential, I really wanted to see him have a shot at a top club. I had a dream he came to Arsenal Very Happy I understand Eto'o's move, but Balazs is only 24 Sad
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Wow, if he move how will it be going at Arsenal, sacrifice anyone? Any other cool Hungarian fella'? Interested in your country due to the good ol' Mighty Magyars, like many do I believe. Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:32 pm

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:Wow, if he move how will it be going at Arsenal, sacrifice anyone? Any other cool Hungarian fella'? Interested in your country due to the good ol' Mighty Magyars, like many do I believe. Very Happy

Well with the way Arshavin has been playing lately, we could have definitely Dzsudzsak in attack. I think he would have done very well at Arsenal and Wenger could get the best out of him. Cool

Unfortunately Hungarian Football is nowhere near what it was and who knows how long it will be until we can compete. We have a few good players like Dzsudzsak, Tamas Hajnal was playing well for Dortmund recently and now he's at Stuttgart, Zoltan Gera is very good technically, Roland Juhasz is a good defender for Anderlecht in Belgium, Szabolcs Huszti playing for Zenit, and Adam Szalai for Mainz (bundesliga). Gergely Rudolf is also a good striker but inconsistent, last I knew of him he was playing at Bari in Serie A. Very Happy

We were very close to qualifying for Euro 2012 but didn't quite make it as Netherlands(comfortably) and Sweden(BARELY) finished above us in the group Sad
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:15 am

Ooohhh I have no idea about Huszti and Rudolf Very Happy Anyway when you look back in the past, Austria, Hungary, and USSR were all dominating in certain era(s). Apart from the USSR that were separated and the Russia is still fairly strong anyway, it is mysterious how Austria and Hungary just gone down the hill and never came back up
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:16 am

Paolo Cannavaro. Stephan Lichsteiner. Jose Enrique. Leighton Baines
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:12 am

Do Brazilll!!!! Too many good players there really and they have a lot of connection to the dynasty of Super Depor! Rivaldo that everybody knows, Flavio Conceicao a former Madrid man who I always mistaken with Makelele at that time when playing Winning Eleven and his long lost brother Cesar Sampaio don't really belong to this thread.

Instead, these two names need more love: Djalminha and Mauro Silva Heart
Anyway, for La Liga lovers who loved SuperDepor, what's the formation at that time, I guess it's 4-4-1-1? Another player from La Liga, a Madrid sub striker that later played in Arsenal who was the top scorer of WC '98, Davor Suker!!! :bow: I just never heard he being mentioned at all when discussing great strikers of recent past. Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Suker was awesome. Glad he played for us, although he probably didn't reach the heights he should have with us.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3