Dnmac4
billionmillion
Ganso
Kick
Pedram
44 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is Messi already a LEGEND ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Messi already a LEGEND ?

Post by white_star Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:17 am

jibers wrote:
white_star wrote:Cant be a legend while playing imo! Right now the best player out there without a doubt! If your going to use the excuse that messi has great players around him, well then he does, but so do the other top players!!!

ryan giggs, del piero, totti, xavi, raul, zanetti, nerman.

Ya i consider them as players and they will be legenda when they retire but not yet its just my opinion.

O and def not neymar lol

white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:21 am

windkick wrote:
Seppuku wrote:He needs to win a legitimate CL, and do something with his NT.

ffs this flop couldn't even help his team to the Copa.

Probably the dumbest thing I have read on these boards.

Saying dumbest thing Ever is a compliment!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:30 am

white_star wrote:
jibers wrote:
white_star wrote:Cant be a legend while playing imo! Right now the best player out there without a doubt! If your going to use the excuse that messi has great players around him, well then he does, but so do the other top players!!!

ryan giggs, del piero, totti, xavi, raul, zanetti, nerman.

Ya i consider them as players and they will be legenda when they retire but not yet its just my opinion.

O and def not neymar lol

why no nerman? Sad
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:00 am

I'd treat him as such.

Up there IMO.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:12 am

Best player I've seen in my entire life. Unfortunately lmao
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:15 am

to be totally honest unless messi leaves barca and la liga he will never be a true great in my eyes i dnt care what anyone says, whether that be his scroing record,what he has won, or hjow many ballon d'or or world player he wins

he is playin in a 2 team leage where every other match is 3 nil 4 nil 5 nil 6 nil, not to mention he is currently playing at what is basically the best club in the world right now.

i mean look at his form for argentina, definantly not the messi that plays for barca.

as i said people can flame me for this but watever if messi really wants to prove he is a true all time great, he needs to leave and truly challenge himself.

as in la liga while playing for barca it is all way to easy for him.

i dnt think he will ever leave barca so i have to say i dnt think hell be regarded as a true great by anyone other than barca or argentina fans, well he be for me anyway.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:21 am

So far he is the fourth best player I have seen in my life, after: Ronaldo, Zidane, and Ronaldinho. He does have the potential to be as good or better than both Ronaldo and Zidane in his lifetime. I don't think he needs to win a world cup to be considered the best, but getting to the semis won't hurt though. Plus, given the team Argentina has, they can definitely challenge for it.

But I would still take Ronaldinho's 2/3 years of peak over Messi's 3/4 years (hopefully more though). Its just a personal preference.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:40 am

michael1 wrote:to be totally honest unless messi leaves barca and la liga he will never be a true great in my eyes i dnt care what anyone says, whether that be his scroing record,what he has won, or hjow many ballon d'or or world player he wins

he is playin in a 2 team leage where every other match is 3 nil 4 nil 5 nil 6 nil, not to mention he is currently playing at what is basically the best club in the world right now.

i mean look at his form for argentina, definantly not the messi that plays for barca.

as i said people can flame me for this but watever if messi really wants to prove he is a true all time great, he needs to leave and truly challenge himself.

as in la liga while playing for barca it is all way to easy for him.

i dnt think he will ever leave barca so i have to say i dnt think hell be regarded as a true great by anyone other than barca or argentina fans, well he be for me anyway.

First of all, I dont support Real or Barca, neither La liga as an entity

Lot of flaws in your argument, first of all, Barca and Real are way superior to 95% of teams in the world (very subjective, yes but its not rocket science).

You call La liga a two horse race, ofcourse it is, but you honestly believe that Chelsea or Arsenal can challenge in the EPL, to make it a four-horse race?. EPL has always been a two-horse race like La liga, the only difference is that the points separating second and third is not as huge. This is only because of how good Real and Barca are. Teams like Valencia ( who recently tied to Chelsea, and are a top tier team), Sevilla ( improving this season) provide a far greater competition than you give them credit for.

Secondly, Seria A gives the illusion of being competitive because almost all of the teams are piss poor. This is my honest opinion. I dont think I am biased against Seria A, but I feel the level of teams has really gone down the drain. Now Ac Milan and Inter are the two well-known teams with talented squads, Juve is building a great squad, but the reality is that in a league format Real and Barca would finish head and shoulders above the rest in Seria A ( again very subjective, but not hard to predict, also just my opinion). Teams like inter and Acmilan might beat Real or Barca in a knock-out game or two, but they lack the consistency that these two teams have in a league-format.

On topic, I wouldn't consider Messi a better player just because he decides to go to Italy and scores against Juve or Inter, because for all that I care the quality of la liga is a lot better. Scoring against Juve isn't better than scoring against Valencia. All Messi needs to do is maintain his consistency.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:41 am

He is a Barca Legend. But an NT flop.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:49 am

Just saw Sepukku’s comment… Funny shit is funny
Or maybe sad…
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:30 am

Yes quite easily, but rather than arguing it I'll just wait, watch and enjoy while he sh*ts all over the haters words. Then later, when he retires, I'll be able to say I watched the greatest, live.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:40 am

I don't think i'll ever understand the logic behind the idea that the players NT has to have won a world cup with them in the squad to make them legendary
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:48 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Yes quite easily, but rather than arguing it I'll just wait, watch and enjoy while he sh*ts all over the haters words. Then later, when he retires, I'll be able to say I watched the greatest, live.
Well said, I agree. Thumbs up

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:17 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I don't think i'll ever understand the logic behind the idea that the players NT has to have won a world cup with them in the squad to make them legendary

the logic is, that the world cup is the world biggest tournament/ stage for any player to show there talent.

and yes legends are made from it.

look what zidane did with france or baggio single handedly leading italy to the finals in 94, or ronaldo's virtuoso performace in 2002, or cannavaro and buffon in 2006 and i dnt need to mention pele or maradona they soeak for themselves.

new stars are born at world cups as are legends cemented at world cups.

like ozil,khedira not many people knew them before the tournament but after it they both secured moves to one of the biggest clubs in the world

the fact that messi cant even perform half as well for argentina as he does for barca says a heck of a lot, and lets not kid ourselves argentina has one of the most talented squads out there.

messi is playin for the best team in the world right now in probably the easiest league out of the top 3.

u say italys teams are piss poor our mid table teams would hammer any la liga mid table team.

and if u dnt watch the league i would suggest u dnt comment on it.

if messi wants to be great he needs to leave barca and la liga and show he can cut it else where, either that or move to malaga and take them to the top !!

maradona is legendary in napoli because he took a serie b team and made them champions, thats a legend right there.

but because messi plays in the bestttt team in the world in a quite easy leage bar real mardrid, scoring hatricks or braces every other came he is the best lolll please

what kind of challenge does messi have, he has none while being at barca like i said it to easy for him in that team in that league.

but yes im done people can say watever they wany about me or my opinions but mehhhh is messi wants to be called the best then he needs to give himself a proper challenge

ps. milan only the begining is for you the rest is directed at mr hendrix

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:24 am

Yes like Napoli hammered Villareal and Udinese hammered Atletico Madrid.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:31 am

I consider him already as the greatest player to exist and a legend. Best I've seen and will be so for a while...

Quoting my cule friend here "He is like Zidane. I hate his team but he is too good for me to not respect him."
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:42 am

messi is certainly a legend and will be remembered by this generation if say he suffers a career ending injury or retires now, only thing is he wont be considered as big a legend as the peles and maradonas which imo he will achieve at the end of his career
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:10 am

I would say he is a legend already.. He would be in my top 20 greatest of all time if he retired today probably
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloInter Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:28 am

some success in world cup is what's missing :coffee:
SoloInter
SoloInter
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:33 am

I applaud some Madrid fans comments.
Credit where credit is due
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:45 am

He isn't.

He needs to be the world's top scorer for 10-15 more years, win 5-10 more ballon d'ors, win 7-8 more CL and 10+ leagues, score in 6 or 7 more CL finals, and even then, most of this forum will still say that he isn't a legend because he hasn't won a WC and that Raul or Del Piero are better than him.

:lol!:
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:16 am

Yes.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:48 am

Nerman will out shine him :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:35 pm

Zealous wrote:Nerman will out shine him :bow:

:bow:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:21 pm

If 90% neutrals and 70% rival madrid fans say so then its pretty obvious i think
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:37 pm

michael1 wrote:
BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I don't think i'll ever understand the logic behind the idea that the players NT has to have won a world cup with them in the squad to make them legendary

the logic is, that the world cup is the world biggest tournament/ stage for any player to show there talent.

and yes legends are made from it.

look what zidane did with france or baggio single handedly leading italy to the finals in 94, or ronaldo's virtuoso performace in 2002, or cannavaro and buffon in 2006 and i dnt need to mention pele or maradona they soeak for themselves.

new stars are born at world cups as are legends cemented at world cups.

like ozil,khedira not many people knew them before the tournament but after it they both secured moves to one of the biggest clubs in the world

the fact that messi cant even perform half as well for argentina as he does for barca says a heck of a lot, and lets not kid ourselves argentina has one of the most talented squads out there.

messi is playin for the best team in the world right now in probably the easiest league out of the top 3.

u say italys teams are piss poor our mid table teams would hammer any la liga mid table team.

and if u dnt watch the league i would suggest u dnt comment on it.

if messi wants to be great he needs to leave barca and la liga and show he can cut it else where, either that or move to malaga and take them to the top !!

maradona is legendary in napoli because he took a serie b team and made them champions, thats a legend right there.

but because messi plays in the bestttt team in the world in a quite easy leage bar real mardrid, scoring hatricks or braces every other came he is the best lolll please

what kind of challenge does messi have, he has none while being at barca like i said it to easy for him in that team in that league.

but yes im done people can say watever they wany about me or my opinions but mehhhh is messi wants to be called the best then he needs to give himself a proper challenge

ps. milan only the begining is for you the rest is directed at mr hendrix

Which player didnt play in the best team and won a big tournament (CL or WC)? Zidane CL with R.Madrid, R9 world Cup with Brazil, Pele world cup with Brazil, Di Stefano's R.Madrid probably among best of all times, Cryuff's barcelona among best of all time. Show me a player or gtfo with your dumbest explanations

You'll say maradona and napoli, this is the article that shows napoli were top-3 team in italy before maradona. then they made ton of transfers in 1984 (not just maradona) and then they won liga. maradona is not from Jupiter or Mars he also a human and won something thx to his teams strength as players mentioned above

Napoli on the rise: Maradona era

Napoli at the start of the '70s with Dino Zoff, José Altafini, and others.
As the club changed their name to Società Sportiva Calcio Napoli on 25 June 1964[2] they began to rise up again, gaining promotion in 1964–65. Under the management of former player Bruno Pesaola, they won the Coppa delle Alpi[2] and were back amongst the elite in Serie A, with consistent top five finishes.[12] Napoli came very close to winning the league in 1967–68, finishing just behind AC Milan in second place.[12] Some of the most popular players from this period were Dino Zoff, José Altafini, Omar Sívori, and hometown midfielder Antonio Juliano. Juliano would eventually break the appearance records, which still stand today.[16]
The trend of Napoli performing well in the league continued into the 1970s, with third place spots in 1970–71 and 1973–74.[12] Under the coaching of former player Luís Vinício, this gained them entry into the early UEFA Cup competitions; in 1974–75 they reached the third round knocking out Porto 2–0 on the way. During the same season, Napoli finished second in Serie A; just two points behind champions Juventus.[12] Solid performances from locally born players such as Bruscolotti, Juliano and Esposito were relied upon during this period, coupled with goals from Giuseppe Savoldi.[16]
After beating Southampton 4–1 on aggregate to lift the Anglo-Italian League Cup,[20] Napoli were entered into the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup for 1976–77, where they reached the semi-finals, losing 2–1 on aggregate to Anderlecht.[21] The club won their second Coppa Italia trophy in 1975–76, knocking out Milan and Fiorentina en route, before beating rivals Verona 4–0 in the final.[2] In terms of the Italian league, Napoli were still very much a consistent top six side for much of the late 1970s.[12] Even into the earliest two seasons of the 1980s, the club were performing respectably with a third place finish in 1980–81
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next