Varun_Mainstream
Sri
SamuelJayC
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chelsea v Arsenal Preview Empty Chelsea v Arsenal Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:05 pm

Chelsea v Arsenal, Saturday 28th October, 12:45pm, Stamford Bridge, Premier League

Chelsea v Arsenal Preview 227682026
Gervinho had his best game for the club last weekend against Stoke with a goal and two assists

London derby sees meeting of in-form sides

The question on everyone's lips in the last few weeks when it comes to Arsenal has been 'Have Arsenal turned the corner?' After a disastrous start to the season which saw Arsenal take just one point from the first three games, the gunners have now won seven out of the last 8 games in all competitions. Similarly, Chelsea have won five of their last seven fixtures in all competitions. Arsenal have already lost at Old Trafford and White Hart Lane this campaign, whilst Chelsea have also lost at the home of the champions. Arsenal beat Stoke City 3-1 last weekend whilst the Blues lost 1-0 at QPR, and had two men sent off.

Last season's meetings mixed

Last season at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea won this fixture 2-0 thanks to goals from Drogba and Alex. But at the Emirates, the gunners won 3-1, thanks to strikes from Walcott, Fabregas and Song. Chelsea would though finish in 2nd place three points clear of the gunners.

Match Stats

* Arsenal have won none of their last eight Premier League away matches, their worst run since 1992; the last time they went nine without a win was April 1988.

* Arsenal have won six times in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge, more often than any other team.

* Robin van Persie has scored 25 goals in 26 Premier League appearances in 2011.

* The Dutchman has scored 11 goals in his last 12 Premier League away games and scored two at Stamford Bridge in November 2008, the last time the Gunners won away at Chelsea.

* The Gunners have only been able to win three of their last 18 matches against Chelsea in all competitions, but did win 3-1 at the Emirates in December last season (excluding Community Shield).

* Arsenal have beaten Chelsea six times after falling behind to the Blues in the Premier League, while the Pensioners have only come back to win once after trailing against the Gunners.

* The Blues have taken 31 points from the last 33 available at Stamford Bridge, but have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight home Premier League outings.

Team News

Arsenal

Thomas Vermaelen is available, whilst Carl Jenkinson will have a late fitness test. Jack Wilshere, Bacary Sagna, Kieran Gibbs and Abou Diaby remain injured. Yossi Benayoun cannot play against his parent club.

Chelsea

Didier Drogba and Ross Turnball are suspended, whilst Michael Essien and Hillario are injured, but Ramires returns to the Chelsea squad. Jose Bosingwa and John Terry are available for Andre Villas-Boas.

Possible Starting XI's:

Chelsea v Arsenal Preview AbBtYPuax

Arsenal subs - Fabianski Djourou Jenkinson Coquelin Rosicky Arshavin Park

Chelsea subs - Taylor Alex Ivanovic Mikel Malouda Kalou Anelka

Manager's Views

Arsene Wenger

"Who would write off the title after nine games? But we have to realistic, we are not in contention at the moment ... I hope the fans are less worried now. The situation is not so negative. They want the same as us - to win ... I like Villas-Boas, he speaks his mind, he's intelligent and he likes to go forward."

Andre Villas-Boas

"I have full respect for Arsene and said so when he was being questioned unfairly. His work at Arsenal speaks for itself. He is a trophy winner, and the expectancy at Arsenal is to compete for trophies every year, which I think they do. Only one team can win each competition and sometimes you miss out for a while but I am sure with his quality things will work out for him. In terms of role models, there are people who inspire you, and I admire Arsene for the success he has had."

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Chelsea v Arsenal Preview Empty Re: Chelsea v Arsenal Preview

Post by Sri Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:06 pm

What would we do without you Sam! Smile Great preview Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun_Mainstream Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Great preview dude!

I have a good feeling about this match, and I think we could come away with a win if the boys work hard
Varun_Mainstream
Varun_Mainstream
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Chelsea are old and tired, last week they played their heart out with 9 men and on Wednesday they went to over time.

I really think we can at least get a point and good job as always Sam for the preview.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:19 pm

need to win game, as simple as that. id rather have park in instead of Walcott tbh.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:33 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:need to win game, as simple as that. id rather have park in instead of Walcott tbh.

We will beat down the old farts, and yes I agree Park is should start instead of Walcott.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:49 pm

Chelsea aren't really an "old" side anymore. Lampard is the only one in that starting eleven that could be considered an "old" player. A lot of them are in their mid to late twenties, which are the prime years for a footballer.

They aren't tired, either, since the majority of their first team was rested in mid-week.

Anyway, the game is obviously going to be difficult but one thing that might play in our favour is Villas Boas' preference for posession and attacking football. When Chelsea were under Mourinho, Hiddink and Acelotti they always played a defensive/counter game against us. I don't expact Villas Boas to do the same.

So obviously the team needs to be on their game defensively, and with them maybe being more offensive than usual we might be able to get them on the break.

I would take a draw. A draw away to Chelsea is a good result, no matter the circumstances.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:55 pm

No Walcott is needed this time, counter-attacking at his best Very Happy
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:07 pm

I'd love for us to sit back and hit them on the counter, as Chelsea have numerously done to us in the past. Terry and Luiz aren't exactly defensively solid and VP will have a nice time.

I'm not sure about risking Vermaelen, though. If he's 100% I'm Ok with it, but the Merts-Kos partnership has been doing so well that it would be madness to disrupt it.

Djourou should be kept as right back unless he has one of those games.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 pm

If Vermaelen and Jenkinson play I dont see us losing this game, the only thing I fear is Djourou at RB. Clubber
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Is park even on the bench? I know I see him on the sub here. I hope Wenger plays him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:41 pm

If we win this, it's a season-changer. Because we could possibly get 15 total points since the following 4 games are considerably easier and that puts us in the top 4.

Wishful thinking Razz

Glad to see Park on the bench and Chamakh given the wrong directions to Stamford Very Happy
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:45 pm

I'd play Arshavin instead of Walcott.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Bring on Chelski. :hungry:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:48 pm

Jamin wrote:I'd play Arshavin instead of Walcott.

I give this game to Walcott I hope he can show up and score a goal and some assist. :coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Chelsea v Arsenal Preview Zp_130658235SM002_Arsenal_Trai_8529Chelsea v Arsenal Preview Zp_130658235SM004_Arsenal_Trai_9295Chelsea v Arsenal Preview Zp_130658235SM006_Arsenal_Trai_5612
RVP is hungry for more goals.Chelsea v Arsenal Preview Zp_130658235SM010_Arsenal_Trai_2854
I wonder what they are saying there. Chaka
Chelsea v Arsenal Preview Zp_130658235SM018_Arsenal_Trai_4717Chelsea v Arsenal Preview Zp_130658235SM019_Arsenal_Trai_9439Chelsea v Arsenal Preview Zp_130658235SM032_Arsenal_Trai_1242
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Chelsea are old and tired, last week they played their heart out with 9 men and on Wednesday they went to over time.

I really think we can at least get a point and good job as always Sam for the preview.

Sturridge, Torres, Mata, Ramires, Mikel/Meireles, Terry, Luiz, Bosingwa, Cole, Cech are not old.

Also fitness shouldn't be a problem because we rested everyone vs Everton bar Ivanovic/Luiz (whoever plays with Terry), and Sturridge only played for 35 minutes just like he did vs QPR.

OP: I really don't think we'll play Meireles if Luiz is starting. I expect either Luiz and Mikel or Meireles and Ivanovic to start.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Hopefully 3 points tomorrow - though of course I would take a draw.

Thumbs up
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:24 pm

english_jewel wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Chelsea are old and tired, last week they played their heart out with 9 men and on Wednesday they went to over time.

Sturridge, Torres, Mata, Ramires, Mikel/Meireles, Terry, Luiz, Bosingwa, Cole, Cech are not old.

Also fitness shouldn't be a problem because we rested everyone vs Everton bar Ivanovic/Luiz (whoever plays with Terry), and Sturridge only played for 35 minutes just like he did vs QPR.

OP: I really don't think we'll play Meireles if Luiz is starting. I expect either Luiz and Mikel or Meireles and Ivanovic to start.

Arsenal will give Chelsea one hell of game, we have the best striker in the league :bow:. I know Chelsea have a great team but I think we can get a point.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Arsenal team at Stamford Bridge last season:

Fabianski; Sagna Squillaci Koscielny Clichy; Diaby Song Wilshere; Nasri Chamakh Arshavin

No Szczesny, Vermaelen or RVP last year, and they have no Drogba this time.

But we did have Diaby, Sagna and Wilshere last year there, which we won't have this year.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:17 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal team at Stamford Bridge last season:

Fabianski; Sagna Squillaci Koscielny Clichy; Diaby Song Wilshere; Nasri Chamakh Arshavin

No Szczesny, Vermaelen or RVP last year, and they have no Drogba this time.

But we did have Diaby, Sagna and Wilshere last year there, which we won't have this year.
We dominated that game and we should have come away with a point I just hope this game does not end the same way.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:38 am

I remember Wenger threw Diaby in the AMC role that game and he was a man possessed.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:41 am

koscielny should have given us the lead in the 2nd min, and chamakh in 14th iirc

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:05 am

RealGunner wrote:koscielny should have given us the lead in the 2nd min, and chamakh in 14th iirc

I remember this very well.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:13 am

I don't really want to say much about the game

We go as under dogs that much is clear. If we can win, then IMO we will be strong candidate to be in the top 4. If we lose? we will have to work hard to improve ourselves for the future matches.

As long as we give in a solid performance, that's what it matters

Lets go out and give it our best shot
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down