McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:36 pm

For starters Sky are not reporting Inter are inter are interested in Meireles just saying a report linking Inter with meireles in Italy . And knowing the Italian media this season they are worse than Caughtoffside . They live in fantasy world to say the least .

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:49 pm

I just can't see Meireles leaving. Not after the season he has had. Stranger things have happened though, so I'm not completely ruling it out.

I hope he doesn't leave.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:30 pm

Am I the only one who wouldn't be devastated by Meireles leaving? Sure, he had a great season, but he is somewhat older than the squad they're trying to build, and it's not like he's been a mainstay at Anfield for very long... I think I'd be fine with seeing Adam/Henderson/Jonjo take over his role if we get enough money for him, and I'd be willing to bet that any fee Kenny agrees to for him would be substantial. I would hate to see the Adam signing if he's surplus, but if we make money by essentially swapping out Raul for him in the squad, we have more than enough quality CMs to take that spot in the rotation.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Not only is it a must that Meireles stays.

Its also a must that he's given a better contract. He is earning peanuts compared to other players in the squad. The wages should be much better balanced.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:14 pm

stevieg8 wrote:Am I the only one who wouldn't be devastated by Meireles leaving? Sure, he had a great season, but he is somewhat older than the squad they're trying to build, and it's not like he's been a mainstay at Anfield for very long... I think I'd be fine with seeing Adam/Henderson/Jonjo take over his role if we get enough money for him, and I'd be willing to bet that any fee Kenny agrees to for him would be substantial. I would hate to see the Adam signing if he's surplus, but if we make money by essentially swapping out Raul for him in the squad, we have more than enough quality CMs to take that spot in the rotation.

I wouldn't be devastated, but it would be very stupid to sell one of the better performing players on your team. Henderson, from what I've seen isn't as good as him. Jonjo needs more experience before he can start games every week. Adam could possibly replace him, but I rate Raul a lot higher than him.

If we do sell, anything less that 25 should not be accepted. If we buy Henderson for around 16/20, then Raul's market value is a lot higher.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:21 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:Am I the only one who wouldn't be devastated by Meireles leaving? Sure, he had a great season, but he is somewhat older than the squad they're trying to build, and it's not like he's been a mainstay at Anfield for very long... I think I'd be fine with seeing Adam/Henderson/Jonjo take over his role if we get enough money for him, and I'd be willing to bet that any fee Kenny agrees to for him would be substantial. I would hate to see the Adam signing if he's surplus, but if we make money by essentially swapping out Raul for him in the squad, we have more than enough quality CMs to take that spot in the rotation.

I wouldn't be devastated, but it would be very stupid to sell one of the better performing players on your team. Henderson, from what I've seen isn't as good as him. Jonjo needs more experience before he can start games every week. Adam could possibly replace him, but I rate Raul a lot higher than him.

If we do sell, anything less that 25 should not be accepted. If we buy Henderson for around 16/20, then Raul's market value is a lot higher.

I agree with this and I too wouldn't be devastated if he left, but I'd be pretty dam pissed off!!

As you point out his market value should be fairly high 20-25 millionish. However, I don't think we'd ever get this sum from anyone for him. So if he was to leave it would be a bargain of the club getting him and that is not smart. We need quality in depth and selling our better players would obviously damage this.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Matt Holland just said on @talkSPORT Connor Wickham will sign for @LiverpoolFC then loan him back to Ipswich for 12 months.

This is going on in Twitter..

Adam to sign in the next two days, and Downing this week :O
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:25 pm

I don't think the Downing signing will happen.

1) Villa have just sold Young
2) They don't have a manager
3) Downing was their player of the season.

so Unless he hands in a transfer request and puts them under pressure, I can't see it happening

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:37 pm

@sepiee
Downing hands in transfer request, Rumor just starting to spread on twitter .. While

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith ยท Follow

And finally, #LFC should do Charlie Adam on Thursday. But a Benny Hill-style chase for Scott Dann,
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Well, from the looks of it, we seem to only be signing English players. Not a terrible sign, tbh.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 pm

poolsupporter wrote:Well, from the looks of it, we seem to only be signing English players. Not a terrible sign, tbh.

No. I think we want to get the squad players English signing done first...so when the foreign window opens on July 1st, we can solely focus on that. I remember Comolli saying he wants all the new players to go to the Asian tour.

and Rory Smith said Dann is target of Arsenal, Stoke and WBA...and 4th LFC.

I think we'll sign 2 more British players other than Adam, and 3 (including a back up goalie) from abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:40 pm

TOMMO saying Adam deal is 100% done, and we've made new moves for Cahill and Mata last night

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:01 am

Sepi wrote:TOMMO saying Adam deal is 100% done, and we've made new moves for Cahill and Mata last night

Yeah, read about that. Let's see if he gets this one right as well.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:22 am

Looks like he might be right. Twitter rumors suggest Adam has cut his holiday in Dubai short, and is flying back to England to conclude the Liverpool transfer.

It's seeming more than likely he will sign. Hopefully we get rid of all of the deadwood and send set up some loan deals for some of our youngsters.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:41 am

Checking on google couldnt find any newspaper linking Meireles with Inter . Only mention is some italian reports . How random can they get ?

We might get Downing for relatively cheap . Villa are trying to appoint McLeish and need to pay 5 mil compensation and clearly are skint . So they might want to sell Downing so that they can have a decent transfer kitty for new manager .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:57 am

Why are you guys mostly going for English talent?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:01 am

english_jewel wrote:Why are you guys mostly going for English talent?

Because continental transfer window isn't officially open yet ? Very Happy

and also Manchester United's success over the years has shown the importance of a British core....they are less likely to dip in a one off bad season or have wet dreams of playing for Barca/Real (see Alonso, CR, Hleb, etc), and their wages are lower than foreign imports most of the time despite higher transfer fee.

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:31 am

Sepi wrote:

and also Manchester United's success over the years has shown the importance of a British core....they are less likely to dip in a one off bad season or have wet dreams of playing for Barca/Real (see Alonso, CR, Hleb, etc), and their wages are lower than foreign imports most of the time despite higher transfer fee.

I find your assessment about Alonso totally disgusting.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:25 am

Sepi wrote:TOMMO saying Adam deal is 100% done, and we've made new moves for Cahill and Mata last night

Whose TOMMO?
ITK?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Nishank wrote:

Whose TOMMO?
ITK?

yes, itk who use to be on rawk,
now on twitter: @Pault86
and is most of the time, if not all the time, spot on
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Sepi wrote:

I think this is well said.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Valencia has signed Dani Parejo for 6 million.

Replacement for Mata?
They play in the same position.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Oh man, too many days of strong rumours, my nerves would like something official about Adam already xD
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:40 pm

Nishank wrote:Valencia has signed Dani Parejo for 6 million.

Replacement for Mata?

now is it that the window opens within other continental countries? & on 1st july to england? i mean how does it work!

Art Morte wrote:Oh man, too many days of strong rumours, my nerves would like something official about Adam already xD

all i can see that the Blackpool chairman is being a huge A***! all parties agreed apart from him Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Nishank wrote:Valencia has signed Dani Parejo for 6 million.

Replacement for Mata?

Don't know a bit about Pajero. But it might be that he will replace Joaquin who is rumored to leave.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:21 pm

the fact that this report doesn't even get King's name correct Evil or Very Mad does give me some hope that this rumors ain't true as i personally do not think highly of the Jeffren guy . .

while Dalglis will have had yet another chance to watch the youngster in action against his latest signing Jordan Henderson

OUTRAGEOUS Evil or Very Mad

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/barcelona-and-spain-u-21-star-opens-door-to-liverpool-switch-latest/

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next