Arsenal 2 - 1 Sunderland: Van Persie saves Arsenal after frustrating performance

+15
canopeflyer
Iceman
EL Patron
mani88
SamuelJayC
Eman
Raptorgunner
djoe26
The Verminator
lenear1030
Sri
MJ
REWB
RealGunner
Jay29
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal 2 - 1 Sunderland: Van Persie saves Arsenal after frustrating performance - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 - 1 Sunderland: Van Persie saves Arsenal after frustrating performance

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Wenger: 'Commitment is giving absolutely 100 per cent until the last day of your contract... Robin knows we are ready to talk' #ArsenalLive

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 2 - 1 Sunderland: Van Persie saves Arsenal after frustrating performance - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 - 1 Sunderland: Van Persie saves Arsenal after frustrating performance

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Van Persie has now scored 31 goals in his last 45 Arsenal games.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Updated the first post.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:41 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:The relief is huge, but the reality is that the team around Van Persie is not good enough.

Ratings:

Szczesny 7.5 (vital save in first half)
Jenkinson 6.5 (terrible first half, good second half)
Mertesacker 6 (Wasn't really involved that much)
Koscielny 7 (Some vital tackles)
Gibbs 6.5 (Injured again)
Arteta 5.5 (Well below-par)
Song 6.5 (Mixed game, poor passing, but vital tackles)
Rosicky 7.5 (Excellent overall, the old Rosicky)
Walcott 4 (Very very poor)
Van Persie 8.5 (Quite brilliant, 2 goals)
Gervinho 7 (Excellent first half but faded)

totally agree, wow walcott is just soo one dimensional and predictable, cant wait till the ox gets ready really.

Theo is starting to annoy me....him and shitty books
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Theo has one bad game and everyone is already sharpening their axes. He has been doing extremely well so far; one bad game won't change my opinion. I'm not that fickle.

Rosicky was great and Arteta was poor. Has he ever "shined" for us over the course of 90 minutes? If he did, then I can't really remember.
Considering our right flank was basically non-existent for the whole match, I think we did pretty well.

Also, what's this about Jenkinson's first half being "poor"? One mistake does not constitute a "poor" first half. Give the lad the credit that he deserves. Was basically playing like Alves today with the way that Walcott was going.

We're still trying to find the balance, but we can't find it in midfield. Would love to try Diaby and Rosicky together, or Diaby and Arteta. When Wilshere comes back, this will all be fixed, but we need to find a solution for now. So far, Ramsey-Rosicky is a fail, Ramsey-Arteta is a fail (in my book) which leaves us with Rosicky-Arteta, until Diaby returns anyway.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Walcott has been flaccid in the EPL this year. You can't deny that.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by canopeflyer Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:28 pm

@ RedEyesWhiteBeard, sorry guys i know its a bit off topic but what movie is that tagged at the bottom of your posts? i have to get it Very Happy

and the game today was a test of nerves as usual thank god rvp is stepping up to the plate
canopeflyer
canopeflyer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:33 pm

Welcome to the forums Smile
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by canopeflyer Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:55 pm

thanks realgunner, i was on before the revamped it .. i thought they scrapped it all together ...

now i can get my arsenal fix when ever I want Very Happy..

oh yeah arshavin rvp nd rosisky where beasts today, time for the oldies to show the kids how real gooners play ( excuse the pun ) Very Happy
canopeflyer
canopeflyer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:16 pm

oh you were in the old forums ? lol sorry Very Happy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by canopeflyer Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:32 pm

yeah, but i forgot my user name :facepalm: . but canope is my gamer name, i'll never forget it ... either way im just glad to be back . hopefully with my resurgance arsenal can follow suit Very Happy
canopeflyer
canopeflyer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:36 am

Welcome back to the forums Canopeflyer.

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:37 am

Improved performance but if we were simply more clinical, would have given the fans and the players alot more confidence.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adoshem Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:11 am

We really need to destroy a team to get the confidence back up!

I think Alex song deserves a higher rating he was a beast defensively. Sure he misplaced a few passes but probably cause at times our midfield was really struggling with final third passing.

Theo just doesnt know how to play if theres no space for him. When we were 2-1 he somewhat came back to life cause Sunderland started to push up. I dont think he should be a starter against teams which are happy to play for a point and definately should of been subbed of.

Adoshem
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:49 am

Our next CL match is a must win at all costs, it will pretty much put us through if we win. If we win it I expect the team to get a tonne of confidence although if we lose will put so much pressure on us and we all know how we do under pressure.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:24 am

Only reason why Song didn't get a higher rating was, other than his inconsistent passing, he was caught out one too many times defensively. He often tackled from the wrong side, let people run off him and should've been sent off at the end for a second bookable offence. We saw the best and worst sides of Song in this match.

Marseille will be a tough test. They're struggling like we are domestically but are playing better in Europe... like we are. The Stade Veldrome is an amazing stadium with a very intimmidating atmosphere. It'll be a different sort of test than the one away to Dortmund; Marseille have powerful and quick forwards like Ayew, Remy and Gignac while Dortmund had technically excellent players. So it'll be a tough night.

A draw there and a win in the return fixture at the Emirates will put us in a good position. Two wins would see us virtually through.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:33 pm

I think we won by an individual effort from Van Persie..
I dont understand how the game changes.. We were playing damn good in the first 25 mins.. Then everything changes suddenly..
Not happy with our defense at all..
The usual guys stood up.. I mean Song, Rvp and Sczeny.. Rosicky was suprisingly good.. Gervinho good but wasteful at times..
And why are we playing Arteta as a defensive midfielder..? I want to Song to stay back and Arteta to play up front...

Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:52 pm

Song was caught out way too much. Very impressive from Rosicky, if he can replicate that every match [I know, unlikely] then he'll stop the Cesc bleeding waaay more than Arteta has.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Ayew can destroy Jenkinson. I'm really worried about that.

I think wenger will play Koscielny/Santos there
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by canopeflyer Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Thanks SamuelJ...

Colbat just revealed that this arsenal side is the toughest his team has face all season, including chelsea... even though it wasnt the most convincing performance it seems like we maybe only lacking in a little confidence and understanding . Hopefully we can make a awesome comeback ( much like mine ){ lol i know lame joke} and at least secure a champs league spot , that wud put us in a brilliant possition to lure new players so we can push for even greater hights next season...

if we cud pinch the kiddies cup then and forth place I'd be really glad
canopeflyer
canopeflyer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:08 pm

canopeflyer wrote:
if we cud pinch the kiddies cup then and forth place I'd be really glad

That's really all most of us are asking for. The League Cup/FA cup and top 4 because this year is rebuilding, the near future will be easier.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum