StevieRayVaughan
Mr Nick09
Zealous
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Higuain vs Benzema - Page 2 Empty Re: Higuain vs Benzema

Post by SuperMAG Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:35 pm

You guys have no idea how effective benz really is.

Benz is not about just scoring a fluke goal and going back to do simple passes.

He is about moving the ball forward with his passes, especially when the opposition have a very tight lines, high pressure midfeild.

There is a reason benz is soo effective against those teams, cuz he is strong with super ball control. He protects the ball like no other.

Ronaldo cant do that, higuian cant do that, hell even ozil cant do that under pressure, the only other player i know is marcelo but he does it wide where there is less pressure instead.

Benz control the ball in a place full other players, turns over and completly opens the play.

Yes it doesnt seem like he is creative in a "through ball" way or positioning way.

His creativity is his own type, a unique charactiscs only benz have, thats what makes him such and important figure against those type of teams.

The thing is he doesnt have just that, he can also dribble through players like a winger from wings, he can also make runs like higuain, he also positions himself like a poucher like gomes, he also presents himslef in a passing line ozil and most improtantly, he bring his whole team into attack with his unpredicble slick passing which penetrates the tight defence, he is a complete team player, having a good players around him will make him as distructive attacker as ronaldo or messi.

He is a complete attacker in his own way.

The problem is he has low stamina, you can see the difference between a fully fresh benzema and slow tired benzema, the first is totaly bossing the game and dictating its course in attacke, he will score goals and create like no other, the other is still an important attacker you have.

Saying that higuain is more effective then benzema is completely wrong.

I love both players, and in my point of view, there is no way to determen who is more effective, cuz both are, and to a close point that you cant decide. The player with best form against a team that he can be effective against is the player who is most effective.

Higuain =/= Benzema.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Sczy, it is no lie that Higuain is the better goalscorer than Benzema. Sometimes you don't need someone to build the team around, in fact we already have that guy and it's not Benzema. It's Ronaldo.

While I agree that him being creative is no myth, his link up is truly good and I won't be surprised if Ronaldo thinks Benzema is better to play with becouse him and Benz has shown a great linkup. Does anyone remember Ronaldo with Rooney? That's how Ronaldo likes to play.

I agree that it should be Higgy, Benz and Ronaldo together.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Omarish... based on what is Higuain a better goalscorer? One game against Espanyol?? He was missing sitters and goals, like all CFs do, aplenty with Argentina this summer, earlier this season and in his past (there's no shame in that). Goalscorers go through streaks. It's how it goes. Statistically, Benz was slightly more efficient last year than Higuain in 2009-2010 (both around 22%). Before that, no contest. He just does it differently than Higuain. He doesn't attack the CF position like a classic 9... he roams. We're just not used to seeing that at Madrid other than R9.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:48 pm

i much rather have a player who can score and assist rather than just a poacher.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:Omarish... based on what is Higuain a better goalscorer? One game against Espanyol?? He was missing sitters and goals, like all CFs do, aplenty with Argentina this summer, earlier this season and in his past (there's no shame in that). Goalscorers go through streaks. It's how it goes. Statistically, Benz was slightly more efficient last year than Higuain in 2009-2010 (both around 22%). Before that, no contest. He just does it differently than Higuain. He doesn't attack the CF position like a classic 9... he roams. We're just not used to seeing that at Madrid other than R9.

How long hasn't Higuain been here in Real Madrid? 4 years or so? Think I just judge him by one game now? Higgy isn't gone forever and he will be back, I'm just judging not by current form but by the Higuain we know. Tbh to me his finishing is back and that is his most important skill so he's OK.

IMO Higuain is the more efficient goalscorer, and that is becouse his only role is to score while Benzemas role is to provide aswell. But Benz also misses some clear sitters.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Ganso wrote:i much rather have a player who can score and assist rather than just a poacher.

That's the Brazilian way and why Benz plays like this... he idolized R9. Careca, Romario, Bebeto and R9 were so much more than just goalscorers. One of the reasons why Pato struggles at times with Brazil NT imo. He's much more of a true 9. He's not that comfortable with a style that requires constant motion and switching of positions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:02 pm

Zealous wrote:
sportsczy wrote:It makes sense... One's a complete player while the other is only a 9 and cannot play his game next to CR7 without issues, although he's not selfish either. Difference is that Higuain doesn't have the scope in his skillet. Higuain either scores or he's useless. Not so with Benz: he can score, he can create from the wing, he can create close to the midfield... He'll do what the flow of the game dictates. He's also had to carry di Maria as his wing partner for all but 1 game... ForceD out of the CF area to compensate. With kaka in there, all our CFs can play more like CFs.

But clearly, CR7 is the main guy and mou wants it that way. Everyone around him needs to adapt. I don't like his dominance over the attack to this extent... But it is what it is.

I'm sorry but no just no.

How is Benzema "complete" his finishing and positioning are suspect, he can't use his head to save his life. Never mind he hardly ever sprints or covers passing lanes.

The only thing he has going for him is that he is good on the ball when he is standing still or moving slowly. I don't buy this Benzema is a creative force myth. Sure he takes part in the build more often but if he is there to help build up then he isn't there to finish the move off (which is his job in theory).

Higuain works the other team's centre backs and gives other players freedom as a result.

There's some truth in the if Higuain isn't scoring he isn't doing much else theory but Higuain is more likely to score than Benzema is.

Whatever, Higuain bags in another couple next week and I expect Mou to do the right thing and keep starting him.

Higuain vs Benzema - Page 2 Zo6s7o
Even if huntsman is banned again, he has a worthy protégé in Zealous. smoking
I'm not even gonna bother debate about this, since this debate is already been beaten to death last time at the old goal forums smoking . I don't feel like repeating very old lines nor do I see any benefit in contributing to this nonsense smoking . All this does is stoke the fires of the Benz Vs Higuain which is really unnecessary smoking . Both are fine , one is probably better than the other at skill A or B and vice-versa. This discussion is a waste. smoking

Was pointless before, still is now smoking
Though Higuain is in good form, too soon to tell. Let's see Higuain prove himself. :coffee: Currently Benz is being lazy and hopefully Higuain will maintain form so Benz can finally stop being such a lazy bloke. banana Last I recall, only time Benzema is lazy is only when there is no competition (recalls why adebayor was loaned in last season). smoking
Though I still prefer that Benz and higuain play together but nobody lieks that idea apparently. Neutral smoking

@sport
I thought Benzema already proved that he was more brazilian than any brazilian in the brazilian nt the last time brazil vs france met?

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Ganso wrote:i much rather have a player who can score and assist rather than just a poacher.

That's the Brazilian way and why Benz plays like this... he idolized R9. Careca, Romario, Bebeto and R9 were so much more than just goalscorers. One of the reasons why Pato struggles at times with Brazil NT imo. He's much more of a true 9. He's not that comfortable with a style that requires constant motion and switching of positions.

Sportsczy, I agree with most of what you are saying but I can't forget the number of open sitters Benz has missed this year. I know you haven't counted as many as me but I really question your stats re efficiency (maybe because he misfired by so much on some of them they don't count). Higgy's speed also isn't mentioned in your analysis. I think the best line-up is Higgy and Benz (as SS) in at the same time, assuming we have a decent partner in for Xabi. In the interim, I do like Kaka in with Ozil and then you have to chose between Benz and Higgy.

I think it would be better to rename these threads to bench di Maria. That's (other than the MF partner issue) where the problem is.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:06 pm

[quote="Turok_TTZ Currently Benz is being lazy and hopefully Higuain will maintain form so Benz can finally stop being such a lazy bloke. [/quote]

When has he been lazy this year????? The only thing wrong with him this year has been missing open sitters and his wingers not getting the ball to him enough. I wasn't his greatest fan before this year, but I am this year. I haven't seen nor heard about any laziness this year at all.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:08 pm

"I thought Benzema already proved that he was more brazilian than any brazilian in the brazilian nt the last time brazil vs france met?"

we will meet again,and in that day we will have our actual starters + 11 men :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Both have one major flaw each...First one to overcome his will become a world class striker.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Both of them miss easy sitters so much, Benz maybe more so, but his overall play is more impressive.

However, against weaker teams, if Mou plays Kaka and ozil, then the need for Benz would be less. In this situation, Higuain would be better.

The improvement of Benz has been outsounding, therefore deserves his starting place. But you guys would be better off with Higuain's workethic in the big games, which even now Benz has picked up on. His workrate has improved a lot too.

Both, however, are yet to reach Falcao's level Smile

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Benzema needed higuain to get injured to even see the ground to start with.Even at the moment higuain is faster than benzema and more clinical than him.Higuains minutes per goal ratio is just 44 this year in la liga.Benzemas runs into box are useless.His finishing has been terrible this year so far,costed us levante game with some big misses.Sometimes all you need is just a presence in the box and a clever run in the box to score goal and take the win.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:48 pm

Mr.Hendrix wrote:

lol you guys over payed for him imo.I will spend 25 mill maximum for falcao.Porto (all portugese clubs) are known for ripping so cant blame you guys lol.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by teza1992 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:34 pm

People can't really compare Higgy's 09 season with Benz's season of last year.
Benz had Ozil and a di maria on top form whilst Higgy had to pretty much do it all himself.

People make it seem like Benz is some sort of build up god sure he's better than Higgy at it but that's about it.
It's been said before, but there's no need to be playing an extra creative player with everything we've got on the pitch especially if Sahin is to slot straight into the starting 11.

So are the Benz fans seriously trying to say that the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Ozil, Sahin and Alonso aren't good enough to create against top opposition...get real.
With so much quality what you need is a true number 9 able to run at defenders and score with his first touch.

Gosh are people trying to turn us into Farca, next thing you know people will be calling for ballplaying CB's...

If we are to win the league we need Higuain starting, no need to over create against pretty crappy opposition(most of the time).

Finally i'm not hating on Benz he was brilliant last season, especially in the champions league and he should be the first sub to come on. We are blessed to have two young and amazing strikers on form in our team.
But Benz never took the spot of Higgy it was injury.

That's all i've got to say on the topic...
teza1992
teza1992
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:41 pm

teza1992 wrote:People can't really compare Higgy's 09 season with Benz's season of last year.
Benz had Ozil and a di maria on top form whilst Higgy had to pretty much do it all himself.

People make it seem like Benz is some sort of build up god sure he's better than Higgy at it but that's about it.
It's been said before, but there's no need to be playing an extra creative player with everything we've got on the pitch especially if Sahin is to slot straight into the starting 11.

So are the Benz fans seriously trying to say that the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Ozil, Sahin and Alonso aren't good enough to create against top opposition...get real.
With so much quality what you need is a true number 9 able to run at defenders and score with his first touch.

Gosh are people trying to turn us into Farca, next thing you know people will be calling for ballplaying CB's...

If we are to win the league we need Higuain starting, no need to over create against pretty crappy opposition(most of the time).

Finally i'm not hating on Benz he was brilliant last season, especially in the champions league and he should be the first sub to come on. We are blessed to have two young and amazing strikers on form in our team.
But Benz never took the spot of Higgy it was injury.

That's all i've got to say on the topic...

If i recall, Higuain was being supported by Vdv and Guti, who are just as creative.

the comment about Benzema being great in the link up means that most of the time, we are on the ball dominating the opposition. They sit deep and leave no space, so you need to get the ball moving to create openings.

Many of you guys are forgetting that the team isnt built around the CF, the way another team that plays the 4231 would (Bayern for example around Gomez). It's all about Ronaldo, It's not true that we just feed the CF with crosses and long balls. Both strikers hustle to get openings.

What is wrong with ball playing CBs?

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Lmao we need ball playing CBs to play possession, I'd not mind if the CB next to Pepe is a ball playing CB in fact I want it.

Same with Benzema, if it's possession I'd prefer him as Ronaldo is known to act as our poacher but lately he has shown he can provide so rotation is a good option still prefer them 3 in the pitch
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:00 pm

Adit wrote:
Mr.Hendrix wrote:

lol you guys over payed for him imo.I will spend 25 mill maximum for falcao.Porto (all portugese clubs) are known for ripping so cant blame you guys lol.

you are talking about a guy who scored 17 goals in the Europa league only ( highest ever in Europa). That by no means is a joke. Is he worth 45 mil in a normal market? NO. But we are talking about a market in which they paid $50mil for Torres. Falcao is miles better imo.

His fair market value was probably 30mil.

Also, this was a statement of intent from our part. We need someone like Falcao to say " you have your ronaldo's and messi's but here is our star, " Mr.Falcao".

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:07 pm

lil bit OT but "next thing you know people will be calling for ballplaying CB's..." You mean like Hierro, Del Bosque and Quincoces? Guy we have a history of Ball playing CBs...

We don't want to play possession! Possession football is boring!!! Real Madrid play attacking football with a single pivot, the ball playing CB normally steps up to assist the single DM, that's how it worked. Now we play differently but the ball playing cb will more easily allow for a sahin Xabi partnership...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by teza1992 Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:12 pm

^
Come on Nick the team of last season was miles better than 09.
It had to be to catch up to barca.
But that's not what we're discussing.

Nothings wrong with ball playing CBs, just an example get rid of Pepe and Carvahlo and get a Pique type player.
If that's what happening here than i should just start watching barca.

IMO and many others we have enough creativity and I have no idea when this poacher buisness came up, higgy is so much more.
I might be slighlty biased cause we've turned higgy from a no body to one of the finest strikers in the world, not to mention that he won us two league titles in emphatic fashion Very Happy
The ideal solution would be to play both with Higgy as CF and Benz as either SS or on the wing.
But that's not gonna happen anytime soon. And I prefer Higgy especially against lesser opposion.

teza1992
teza1992
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Guys possession football is not Barca football

I like the Arsenal type football, a direct type of possession football. Or our old VdB possession type football. For these a ball playing CB is VERY useful. And we have a ball playing CB atm... Carvalho is ours.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:23 pm

teza1992 wrote:^
Come on Nick the team of last season was miles better than 09.
It had to be to catch up to barca.
But that's not what we're discussing.

Nothings wrong with ball playing CBs, just an example get rid of Pepe and Carvahlo and get a Pique type player.
If that's what happening here than i should just start watching barca.

No, you didnt say that the team was much better, hence Benzema had it easy; you said Benzema benefited from Ozil and Di Maria, two relatively young players, far from their prime, and inexperienced in la liga; while Higuain had no one to assist him and had to do it on his own, which of course is completely wrong. Pelle was using Guti and Vdv very intelligently, and both were massive creative forces. The team being better has nothing to do with the creative unit which remained equally powerful.

I dont know what you are talking about, Barcelona did not invent ball playing defenders. When you look to sign a player, you look for the most complete possible, and in defense, a player that can make a clean pass forward and move up the field is a huge plus. We have had some marvelous ball playing defenders in our history. If we are to look for defenders, and we have the choice between Thiago Silva and Chiellini, i would take the brazilian without blinking.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Do what i did to pwn LM on Fifa Very Happy

Casillas
Arbeloa Ramos Pepe Marcelo
Alonso Sahin
Benzema Ozil Ronaldo
Higuian

Sahin scored the winner and Don Keplar pwned Messi :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Casillas
Alonso Sahin
Benzema Ozil Ronaldo
Higuian

cheers
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Casillas
Alonso Sahin
Benzema Ozil Ronaldo
Higuian

This is my dream lineup. Seriously everyone there is almost WC in their position. I would kill for that to be our main XI man.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Kaka, Benz, Higuain-the one will have to go, and if Kaka hits top form, its gonna be painful banana
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next