LeVersacci
guest7
Ali
ChollaVille
12 posters

Go down

Guardiola gives his support to Qatar Empty Guardiola gives his support to Qatar

Post by ChollaVille Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:48 pm

At the press conference prior to the away game in Valencia, the manager was positive about the Board’s decision to bring the debate about advertising on the shirt to the Assembly on Saturday, and stressed the values of the Fundació.

The boss expressed his satisfaction with the board’s decision to ask the members representatives to decide on the Qatar sponsorship issue: “it’s very good that we debate this and also a very good decision of the board’s to let the members decide on it. It’s one of the healthy democratic values we have. I can tell you that I lived for two years in Qatar and my family and I received wonderful treatment. Qatar is opening up to the Western world and I know the efforts that the Fundació is putting in to do some really good things. I think that we often don’t understand the Muslim world –nor they us".

He carried on by saying: "Qatar is on a roll right now, with the World Cup going there, and their bid for the Olympics, and that is the result of an extraordinary effort that the country is making to open itself to the world, whilst maintaining its own traditions".

Guardiola said "These are difficult times and the board has the obligation to search for alternatives. Qatar is the most open Muslim country and the closest to the Western democracies, but they need time".

Guardiola concluded by saying: "If the members decide to continue, then we will still have the sponsorship of a foundation which is doing things for research and for culture. If not, then we will move ahead with different resources. Whatever happens, the players will continue to run and fight, which in the end is the most important thing".

ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Guardiola gives his support to Qatar Empty Re: Guardiola gives his support to Qatar

Post by Ali Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:04 pm

The Barcelona manager giving good feedback on his teams sponsor? SHOCKING!

banana
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Guardiola gives his support to Qatar Empty Re: Guardiola gives his support to Qatar

Post by ChollaVille Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:10 pm

ali8775 wrote:The Barcelona manager giving good feedback on his teams sponsor? SHOCKING!

banana

He is saying more about QATAR, THA COUNTRY!!!
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Isn't he a Qatar ambassador and played for a team there? I'm sure he even speaks Qatars language...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:24 pm

omarish wrote:Isn't he a Qatar ambassador and played for a team there? I'm sure he even speaks Qatars language...

So you did not read the text, but you stil made a comment Razz

Guardiola wrote:I can tell you that I lived for two years in Qatar and my family and I received wonderful treatment.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Qatarlona

banana
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Diving is a fundamental part of oil and natural gas exploration.

The Qataris want the best people in the business.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:41 pm

I hate when Catalans speak in Catalan and render my Spanish useless.

I completely forgot he had played in Qatar in the past. He must have had a hand in that Qatar Foundation deal.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:42 pm

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his job depends on not understanding it- Upton Sinclair.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Seppuku wrote:Diving is a fundamental part of oil and natural gas exploration.

Then they can employ Dive Maria, Ronaldive and Marceldive.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:45 pm

ChollaVille wrote:
ali8775 wrote:The Barcelona manager giving good feedback on his teams sponsor? SHOCKING!

banana

the foundation is owned by the qatari goverment....
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:56 pm

zizzle wrote:
ChollaVille wrote:

Guardiola gives his support to Qatar 4086640091

the foundation is owned by the qatari goverment....

True, which makes it weird in the regards that it is a semi-illegal situation.

the QF is primarily funded by Qatar, and QF sponsors Barca.

Hence, Qatar sponsors Barca, and it is not legal for countries to sponsor clubs, it is an unfair advantage.

I am not sure how the situation is worked out, and given the corruption within FIFA/UEFA I am not confident it is legally worked out. There are many points that make very little sens in the whole damns affair.

For example, why would the QF who sells no products and is a non-profit organization advertise their name by sponsoring a football club. It makes as much sense as the Bill-Gates charity foundation sponsoring an NFL team. It doesn't make sense.

Before anyone jumps on me saying I am anti-Barca or anything, get this fact straight, I don't give two fraks about Barca and wouldn't care less of Rossel has sex with Bin Hammam on the Moon. The situation is legally curious, and I am not sure if it is legal (similar to the Man City situation), and as a person of Law, I am intrigued.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Seppuku wrote:Diving is a fundamental part of oil and natural gas exploration.

Real Madrid fan talking about Barcelona diving :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Money indeed.But Guardiola is an honest person Smile
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I hate when Catalans speak in Catalan and render my Spanish useless.

I completely forgot he had played in Qatar in the past. He must have had a hand in that Qatar Foundation deal.

Isnt it mutually intelligible?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down