Sri
Eman
Raptorgunner
The Verminator
Highburied
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Realistic Targets? - Page 2 Empty Re: Realistic Targets?

Post by Fenris Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:43 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:I don't want to be a pessimist, but I genuinely believe we could end up struggling to attract big name players. Beside never wanting to spend the damn money; I just get this feeling that we don't have as much clout as we used to. That's just me anyway!

100% agree on you with this part.

Our strategy this winter/summer should be to sign high profile (not essentially WC, but having the potential to be so) players for areas in which we are sorely lacking quality, as well as mercurial signings (Hazard, Goetze) and promote more of our youth into the first team. Even with our influence and reputation on a downward spiral, I believe we can secure such signings. With the right balance of consistent and WC (or X factor) players and an above average squad depth, we could give every big team in Europe a run for their money. We could regain our lost reputation and reestablish ourselves as one of Europe's elite. But we've got to move real fast in the transfer market for that. Real, real fast.

Fenris
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Goetze is not coming in January. He's already cup tied and no way Dortmund are letting him go in the middle of the season. They don't want to let him go, fullstop. I say we go for M'Vila or another good, young midfielder.

Hazard would be great... but I can imagine him costing 30m. He's also cup tied, sadly.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:56 pm

I see both Hazard and Goetze as summer signings. M'Vila, however, is another matter. I'd love to see him at Arsenal in January.
Fenris
Fenris
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2