Matteo Liviero

2 posters

Go down

Matteo Liviero  Empty Matteo Liviero

Post by pasquale22 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 09:11

Gigi Delneri recognised the young left-back’s quality last year and called him into the squad on a number of occasions, putting him on the bench for three matches and giving him 45 minutes of experience in the UEFA Europa League against Red Bull Salzburg. Liviero did well in the 0-0 draw and clearly enjoyed himself, as he told La Stampa after that match:

"Having been a Juve supporter since I was born, this is a huge emotion for me. I can’t wait to speak to my father and my family, they will be so happy for me. It’s unbelievable to think that a few months ago I played an Allievi Championship final and now, at just age 17 I have made my debut in the Senior Team."

One of Juve’s bright 1993-born class of recruits, the 18 year-old has begun to show real promise over the past eighteen months and played all last season as part of the Primavera, showing just how far he has already matured. The Castelfranco Veneto-native had already made appearances for Italy’s U-17 and U-18 squads before being called to the U-19 set up by Alberigo Evani last month, where he started in the win over Russia.
Liviero is also able to play in central midfield, a role he has fulfilled numerous times in his career to date and this versatility may prove useful should Conte decide to use him.
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Matteo Liviero  Empty Re: Matteo Liviero

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 16:11

I remember that LDN said that we have quality young LB
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team