BeautifulGame
RedOranje
mr-r34
36 posters

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down

Our Squad - Page 22 Empty Re: Our Squad

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:08 am

I actually say let him ride his luck and be careful.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:10 am

We can't risk it as we NEED him against Chelsea/City.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:14 am

It would've been ideal if he just missed this wednesday's match against Sunderland Laughing

But still I think he can ride his luck. Not worried. Whatever Brendan does, I trust it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:22 pm

I don't know if it's the most appropriate thread and didn't wanted to add another in what's already a jumble of threads.

Who is having more impressive season: Atletico or Liverpool???

Both have a rather thin squad with barely any quality outside the starting XI. While Atletico have better luck with fitness and also had to deal with the extra rigors of CL.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:01 pm

I don't know if he can ride his luck on this one, his holding position combined with his tendency for the late challenge doesn't make me confident. But we've got Lucas who can slot right into that role, so I'm not too worried.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:58 pm

Art Morte wrote:I don't know if he can ride his luck on this one, his holding position combined with his tendency for the late challenge doesn't make me confident. But we've got Lucas who can slot right into that role, so I'm not too worried.

So the suggestion is Lucas can assist as many as Gerrard has this season and score penalties as calmly as Gerrard has?  scratch 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:09 pm

...because, obviously, there's only one successful way to play that holding role.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:00 am

Art Morte wrote:...because, obviously, there's only one successful way to play that holding role.

I have not for once said that! Just made an argument because it was suggested the current role of Gerrard can easily filled in.  scratch 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:54 am

So, you think we haven't got anyone else capable of scoring penalties or taking free-kicks?

Lucas has his own strengths compared to Gerrard and that should be Lucas' ideal position, too, so I'm not worried if we have to play him instead of Stevie in a game or few.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:37 am

rofl rofl 

Funny you are just twisting words all i meant and i would stand by the point is that "Gerrard is not easily replaceable" as you have seemed to think. Nothing else. And yes i do believe no one else can take penalties as coolly as Gerrard and btw he doesn't even take majority of the free kicks so when did i talk about that  rofl 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:46 am

So when you mentioned Gerrard's assists, you were referring to his open play assists and not to his free-kicks, right, right...

Anyway, so I'd be more comfortable with seeing Lucas start in the odd game in Gerrard's place than you'd be. That's cool, understandable, mo-mo-mo-moving on now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:38 am

rofl 

When did i say not his free kick assists!!!! rofl rofl OMG you are being hilarious mate!

It would be an endless and pointless argument it seems. So, yes lets move on. And i stand by my point Gerrard on his current cannot be easily replaced by Lucas.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Lucas cannot replace Gerrard. Nobody on our team can. He's one of the very best in the world. That said Lucas can be slotted into that role, but I feel like the team would have to change their approach a little bit. I definitely wouldn't be as confident with Lucas there over Gerrard, but if it has to happen I'm sure Rodgers knows how to get the most of it.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:43 am

Lucas will go back to playing the controller, with Henderson taking over Gerrard's DLP role as soon as Stevie gets the yellow card similiarly to how we played back in December. Nothing to worry about unless we're playing Chelsea/City.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:37 pm

I think if we lose Gerrard, we will lose some of the creativity, set pieces but we will do fine without him. Against City, we might his leadership also but in other games we should good enough to get three points

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Reds star Luis Alberto guilty of drink-driving

25 April 2014 11:35 AMBy Liverpool Echo

LFC player banned from driving for 12 months, fined £1500 and told to attend alcohol awareness course

[http://i2]

Luis Alberto

By Lewis Price

Liverpool FC star Luis Alberto was banned from the road after pleading guilty to drink-driving.

The 21-year-old Spanish attacking midfielder was caught during the early hours on Monday March 31 while driving home from a friend's birthday party.

Police stopped the footballer, who was driving a white Porsche, on Croxteth Drive as he appeared to be using his mobile phone.

Alberto, whose full name is Luis Alberto Alconchel Romero, was also seen swerving the car and, after narrowly missing an island, was asked to step out of his vehicle and undergo a breath test.

He was found to be nearly double the legal limit of 35mg, with a recorded 61mg.

Alberto, who was accompanied by an interpreter at Liverpool magistrates' court yesterday, admitted being in control of a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.

His lawyer, Michael Hogan, said: "Mr Romero does not go out, this was the first time he has been out properly since he has been in Liverpool.”

He added: "Luis has no previous convictions to his name and is unused to strong alcohol. Normally his drinking habits are modest and with being a professional footballer, he will find it difficult without the use of his car.”

District Judge Richard Clancy banned the football star for 12 months and ordered him to attend an alcohol awareness course

He said: "You will have six months to pass a drink drive course, if this is completed in six months the ban will be reduced to nine months."

He was also fined £1,500 and told to pay a a £150 victim surcharge.

Alberto, who was signed from Sevilla last summer for £6m, has made a total of 12 appearances this season, but is yet to start a Premier League game
no doubt now, he is not able to get on the bench...scrub Mad

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:00 am

:facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:50 am

He's got my support. Not the wisest it seems at 21 but hey he'll only learn from this. Glad no one got hurt.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:04 pm

McAgger wrote:He's got my support. Not the wisest it seems at 21 but hey he'll only learn from this. Glad no one got hurt.

This. It's a terrible and stupid thing to do, but he's super young and hopefully he'll earn from this and won't do it again. Frankly, I'm glad he got caught, and thank god nobody got hurt.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:40 am

Nope, no respect for this type of behaviour from me.

On his phone AND intoxicated. Terrible. Someone (including himself) could of been seriously hurt / killed.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:28 am

that was unacceptable, not saying because he plays for us, but even as a normal human being.

may be he is not a spoiled character like other footballers but he should be careful.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:07 pm

Red Alert wrote:Nope, no respect for this type of behaviour from me.

On his phone AND intoxicated. Terrible. Someone (including himself) could of been seriously hurt / killed.

No respect from me either. Don't take it the wrong way, I don't support drunk driving in any way shape or form.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue May 06, 2014 10:16 am

While I’m not totally sold on Mignolet, I think he is a solid keeper and even at 26 he has potential to improve.

The R&LWB situation is truly scary. Our best performer is Flanagan. While he had a solid season and being ‘only’ 21 is expected to improve/mature further, I would only consider him as a rotation player. I can’t see Johnson being any better than a rotation/depth player even if he experiences some spectacular peak in form. Even then he would be a luxury/liability considering his wage and he is a ‘must go’ player. It’s totally uncertain if/when Enrique will return to full fitness and what sort of quality he will present. As mentioned earlier, this sort of long-term injuries/lay-off at this age is potentially career-ending. I wouldn’t mind keeping him as rotation/depth, subject to the condition of his fitness & form. We need quality signings for both positions.

Kolo is a ‘must go’. WHATEVER quality he brings in WHENEVER he plays can be expected from the likes of Wisdom & Ilori. The later option also holds immense long-term benefits for both the players and the club. I’m not totally sold on Shako. While he hasn’t been awful, he wasn’t awesome either. He looks convincing dealing with high balls, but he is miserably slow for a CB who has to venture quiet high up the pitch. We need; at least, one quality & experienced CB. Skrtel & Agger both have their own strengths & weaknesses and provided they are willing to accept rotation, I would keep both if we intend to go full-throttle on all fronts.

While I haven’t exactly given-up on Lucas, I don’t believe he will be any better than rotation/depth even if he maintains highest level of form & fitness. We need a young player for this deepest/defensive midfield position who will share rotation with Lucas and eventually succeed Gerrard.

Henderson will take the B2B midfield position. But we will need a similar quality signing for this position. This is the engine-room and no matter what, we must have the same level of quality. Allen is a different player and while chipping-in occasionally, he will flourish in a different role/strategy.

Coutinho, Raheem and to a lesser degree, Allen has filled this position and all have done reasonably well with each bringing certain unique skill/edge. I’m a bit torn between getting a quality player for the farthest/most creative midfield position and making Coutinho & Allen his cover/competition and letting Coutinho, Allen or Raheem rotate among themselves.

All rumours in last one year suggest we are after a quality & established player to partner Suarez & Sturridge upfront. With that addition along with the return of Borini and perhaps Suso, we will have the required quality & cover to mount serious challenge on all fronts.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed May 14, 2014 1:25 pm

So what's everyone's opinions if we get a proper DM, regarding the stance of were Gerrard will play, or do we even need an upgrade on him?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 14, 2014 2:26 pm

mr-r34 wrote:So what's everyone's opinions if we get a proper DM, regarding the stance of were Gerrard will play, or do we even need an upgrade on him?

I'm happy to go into next season with Gerrard and Lucas as the DM options.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed May 14, 2014 9:46 pm

I wouldn't mind a younger option who better suits our requirements for the role if one becomes available, but I don't think that the club should spend massive money to replace Lucas with other positions crying out for addressing first.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next