BeautifulGame
RedOranje
mr-r34
36 posters

Page 7 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 42  Next

Go down

Our Squad - Page 7 Empty Re: Our Squad

Post by donttreadonred Sat 9 Feb - 6:43

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I hope we don't rush him if it's serious. Give Borini the start. Or Coutinho.

Really? scratch

IMO, it's far more likely that we will see a Sterling-Suarez-Downing front three if Sturridge can't go. Coutinho should only get a sub appearance, at most.

I would actually be fairly surprised if Sturridge didn't make it. He was able to complete the 90 mins against City, and seemed to be moving freely and having a laugh with Hodgson when he reported to the England squad. To me, this sounds like classic international duty avoidance posturing. I do think he took a knock against City, but I'd wager a guess that if it was an LFC match or a competitive England game, he would have played.

Most importantly, he and Coutinho are the two players that don't have to worry about the Thursday match, as they are ineligible. For me, this makes Sturridge all the more necessary against West Brom. He has almost the full week to recover before Swansea.
----------
In other news, I'm really pleased Kelly signed a new deal. I really want to see him train/play as a CB in the near future. He seems to have many of the necessary qualities to be a good CB, and he has the pace and composure on the ball to play the ball out from the back. Perhaps one of the several CBs we all agree that we need to acquire is already in our squad.

Our Squad - Page 7 Martin-Kelly-2012_2833816

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 9 Feb - 9:03

I'd like to see Coutinho start just because I've never seen him play and I've got a bad feeling he won't be what we need.

But this should be in the match thread, someone start it already x)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat 9 Feb - 12:16

donttreadonred wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I hope we don't rush him if it's serious. Give Borini the start. Or Coutinho.

Really? scratch

IMO, it's far more likely that we will see a Sterling-Suarez-Downing front three if Sturridge can't go. Coutinho should only get a sub appearance, at most.

I would actually be fairly surprised if Sturridge didn't make it. He was able to complete the 90 mins against City, and seemed to be moving freely and having a laugh with Hodgson when he reported to the England squad. To me, this sounds like classic international duty avoidance posturing. I do think he took a knock against City, but I'd wager a guess that if it was an LFC match or a competitive England game, he would have played.

Most importantly, he and Coutinho are the two players that don't have to worry about the Thursday match, as they are ineligible. For me, this makes Sturridge all the more necessary against West Brom. He has almost the full week to recover before Swansea.

Nothing head scratching about that tbh. Neither Coutinho or Sturridge can play midweek in the EL so in essence we would hope to see both play minutes on Monday. And with Sturridge the one with a slight knock, I'm sure we could agree that Cou would be a smarter choice for the start with Suarez in the middle.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat 9 Feb - 12:34

Keep in mind that Coutinho has also just come back from injury and has only been training with LFC for less than a week or thereabouts. Rushing him into the side could cause problems, especially with how quickly some fans can latch onto poor performances and use them against a signing. Let him come off the bench if he's ready, but no need to throw him into the deep end for his first match.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun 10 Feb - 0:03

There is absolutely no reason to rush Coutinho (start or sub) into Mondays match. Even if Sturridge is unavailable, we can do with Borini, Suarez 'n Rahim/Downing.

BTW, Borini hasn't played (even sub) in last couple of matchs, any idea why!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun 10 Feb - 7:51

RedOranje wrote:Keep in mind that Coutinho has also just come back from injury and has only been training with LFC for less than a week or thereabouts. Rushing him into the side could cause problems, especially with how quickly some fans can latch onto poor performances and use them against a signing. Let him come off the bench if he's ready, but no need to throw him into the deep end for his first match.
^^^ This. ^^^

Red took the words out of my mouth. Coutinho has only trained with the club for a few days. That's hardly enough time to integrate well into the squad. It's slightly different for a CB or a Striker where the roles are fairly well defined. For Coutinho, he would likely come into a role where he would be expected to help build an attack, work with teammates, find the delicate balance between attack and defense, and generally control a game. Add to that the fact that Coutinho hasn't played since December 15th (on in the 85th min) and hasn't started a match since December 6th (against Neftchi in the Europa League), and you can see why I'm scratching my head at the idea that he should start this match. The most likely result of a starting birth would most likely result in under-performance and premature judgment of the player (see Borini for a great example).

No, I don't think him starting this match does anyone any favors. The best case scenario is for him to be on the bench and used as a substitute if we need to change the momentum of the match. As supporters, we need to avoid elevating Coutinho before we ever see him pull on a red shirt. Remember, Coutinho is still only 20 and adjusting to a new country, a new league, and a new system. I think we all need to go take a cold shower and come back with a few more realistic expectations.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun 10 Feb - 7:56

iftikhar wrote:There is absolutely no reason to rush Coutinho (start or sub) into Mondays match. Even if Sturridge is unavailable, we can do with Borini, Suarez 'n Rahim/Downing.

BTW, Borini hasn't played (even sub) in last couple of matchs, any idea why!!!
Forgot to respond to this...

Poor performance against Oldham and lack of experience to contribute in big games likely being the two major reasons.

I would've liked to have seen him come on late against both Arsenal and Man City, but being away from home, Rodgers likely wanted to ensure we didn't concede late more than he wanted to chase the 3 points. I think that's fairly understandable and the difference between a supporters perspective and a managers. A manager makes the prudent decision even if it's not the most popular. A supporter wants to go "hell-for-leather", because he/she wants to see the club win.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 11 Feb - 1:26

I can see Borini starting against WBA honestly. With Sturridge a doubt and all.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed 13 Feb - 10:50

I have been meaning to ask this for a while. Who is the cover for Lucas!!! Neither Allen or Henderson are the type to cover the back-four.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 13 Feb - 10:58

Tbh we have no real cover at DM for Lucas. Allen seems to be the go to guy if something happens to Lucas, but we all know he's not a quarter of what Lucas is at DM. However, even still we have more pressing concerns than DM.

btw Iftih I'm very glad you are posting a lot Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat 16 Feb - 15:43

Are we playing Reina in the wrong position???

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat 16 Feb - 16:00

BR putting Reina, Skrtel, Enrique, Downing, Coates n Henderson for sale

wanting to replace Carra with Ashley Williams according to Tony Barret of the Times

why is he obsessed with buying swansea scrubs :facepalm:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat 16 Feb - 16:07

Quite pulling stuff out of your a$$ Sep. Unless you work for LFC there is no way in hell you can possibly know that and neither can the Internet Bullshit Artist's you follow on twitter.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat 16 Feb - 16:29

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Quite pulling stuff out of your a$$ Sep. Unless you work for LFC there is no way in hell you can possibly know that and neither can the Internet Bullshit Artist's you follow on twitter.

get off your high horse you arm-chair fan

Do you even know Tony Barrett ?? He is THE most reliable journalist when it comes to LFC news. He works for The Times, the most reliable newspaper in England.

just because you are so illeterate that doesn't even know the respected figures of LFC on internet, it doesn't make them bullshit artists.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 16 Feb - 16:39

easy guys
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat 16 Feb - 19:04

by the way, I follow a total of 84 people on twitter , NONE of those are Internet Bullshit Artists. not a single one of them, in fact only half of them are sports related.

so shut your mouth and stop talking out of your ass based on pure propaganda

If you have a personal problem with me, you can PM me and we'll manage to sort it out in person

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat 16 Feb - 19:11

You do know that PM to sort shit out wont do jack. It will just cause more conflict.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat 16 Feb - 19:14

^ I just hate it when people date to judge others based on stereotype and pure assumptiosn rather than facts

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat 16 Feb - 20:21

Please don't flatter yourself, I got no personal agenda against you. As it happens you are the the one who is always posting things that have no concrete truth behind them other than some twitter bs. It grinds my gears so I voice my opinion on it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat 16 Feb - 20:52

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Please don't flatter yourself, I got no personal agenda against you. As it happens you are the the one who is always posting things that have no concrete truth behind them other than some twitter bs. It grinds my gears so I voice my opinion on it.

Again, absolute horses hit

It was reported in a very respected newspaper

you don't even know what twitter is or the point of it. learn about that, n then use "twitter" in your every other sentence

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun 17 Feb - 4:08

lol guys

At the end of the day we're all in the same boat so let's keep things civilized even in disagreements.

We all know that Sepi posts information without reliable sources every now and again, but he also has some correct info once in a while that the rest of us haven't heard of. No need to make that an issue.

About those wild rumours: no way Henderson will be sold and if Skrtel is sold that's when I'll have some serious issues with our management.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun 17 Feb - 23:03

Harry Redknapp wrote:by the way, I follow a total of 84 people on twitter , NONE of those are Internet Bullshit Artists. not a single one of them, in fact only half of them are sports related.

so shut your mouth and stop talking out of your ass based on pure propaganda

If you have a personal problem with me, you can PM me and we'll manage to sort it out in person

How does propaganda come into this?

They're disaagreeing with you for valid reasons. Twitter is NOT a guaranteed reliable source.

Tony Barret is a respected source, but he's not always right.

I highly doubt we'd get rid of Skrtel and Henderson in the summer also.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 17 Feb - 23:55

Harry Redknapp wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Please don't flatter yourself, I got no personal agenda against you. As it happens you are the the one who is always posting things that have no concrete truth behind them other than some twitter bs. It grinds my gears so I voice my opinion on it.

Again, absolute horses hit

It was reported in a very respected newspaper

you don't even know what twitter is or the point of it. learn about that, n then use "twitter" in your every other sentence

rofl I can't even.....You think you are the only one in the whole world that has access to internet Laughing Anyways, I'm done arguing with you, you just showed how incompetent you are with your futile attempts to sound intelligent with that post.

You'll probably get banned if I continue this, as that warning bar is getting shorter by the day. Thank me later for stopping this now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon 18 Feb - 17:09

^ my warning gear has been at 25% for almost half a year now.

I am happy it's like this, because I am at my best when I am on the edge.

as for Skrtel/henderson rumours, those WERE NOT from Tony Barret. Those were specifically from Mirror.

The one I was arguing about was the Ashley Williams one.

I personally think the Mirror was is bollocks too, because there is no way we are buying 3 CBs in one summer. though, we'll see how much action time Martin will get for rest of the season.

p.s. If even we want to bring in new LB, it'd be retarded to sell Jose.

We'll never become a competent team selling first team player, for another one. We need depth and quality everywhere.

According to a reputable French paper, we are scouting Lovren of Lyon by the way

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon 18 Feb - 20:12

Ashley Williams, I actually quite like. I understand that he's not World Class, nor is he particularly young. What he is is a physical presence and an organizing personality in the center of the defense. To be honest, I could see both being brought in, especially if Skrtel is sold.

Skrtel has obviously fallen out of favor, and the hard truth of the matter is that he has not looked anywhere near the stout, reliable defender he was last season. If we can get a good price for him in the summer (and are capable of bringing in a replacement for both him and Carra), then it wouldn't be a bad piece of business. If someone like Man City came back for him in the summer, do you honestly think we would turn down ~15 mil for a 28 year-old CB who has become a glorified squad player?

Ashley Williams may not set the world on fire, but he is a good reliable defender. If we're losing Carra and Skrtel, we will need a 3rd choice CB that we aren't afraid to play regularly. I'm of the opinion that Williams can be that player, or even step in as a starter while another, younger player is integrated.

Lovren could be that younger player. He's played basically anywhere along the back-line. Last I heard, he was playing LB with Lyon, which was why I was somewhat confused by the link at first. However, he's a natural CB, and apparently mobile enough to play consistently at either full-back position. It's been a while since I've watched much Ligue 1, but he reminds me of a more developed (physically and tactically) Martin Kelly. I, for one, am rather excited about that.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 18 Feb - 23:57

Skrtel is better than Williams.

And Skrtel would not be sold.

Carragher is retiring, Coates will be sent out on loan and we'll try and bring someone like Lovren as Sepi said. Or someone like Sakho. (Although he's probably unrealistic.)

I don't understand the logic in selling Henderson. To begin with, he was never as bad as everyone was saying last season. He's improved this season. He's made Joe Allen into a squad player, got rid of a world class talent in Sahin, is finally getting recognition for his work ethic and performances.
He's also one of the few at the club that GENUINELY cares about the club atm (that's just basing it on emotion during games, I obviously don't see the players in training etc) but many players in football today only care about themselves and Jordan definitely plays for the shirt.

Enrique I can't see us selling personally.

I can see Downing and Carroll definitely gone in the summer. You can probably add Pacheco. And Reina's definitely not safe imo.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 42  Next