When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas?

+29
ChollaVille
guest7
B-Mac
Doc
jibers
El Chelsea Fuerte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Le Samourai
DeviAngel
Jeps33178
VivaStPauli
rwo power
emassy
McAgger
Sushi Master
LeSwagg James
Lord Awesome
H.A.
windkick
Arquitecto
Pedram
Albiceleste
The Franchise
Raptorgunner
lszanto
wigglesworth
The Madrid One
Kick
BarrileteCosmico
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

When did Casillas become better than Buffon?

When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 40

When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Empty Re: When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas?

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:02 am

The Franchise wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:
The Franchise wrote:To answer the question, I dont feel Iker took it from Buffon as so much as Buffon gave it up because if injuries and simply not playing enough to be called the best goalie.

Iker to me isnt the best goalie in the world, he makes too many errors.
the question was did he overtake, and he did..

and if so then who do you rank as the best in the world?

OK, sure, he overtook him, but not based on anything he did.

Who is the best goalie in the world? I dont know. But not Iker, as I said, too many mistakes.

I dont seperate him from the pack like I used to with Buffon.

Although I feel you are underrating San Iker, I do feel that Buffon has a greater legacy as a goalkeeper as Iker still has some way to go before overtaking gigi.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 2 Empty Re: When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas?

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:05 am

Arquitecto wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:
The Franchise wrote:To answer the question, I dont feel Iker took it from Buffon as so much as Buffon gave it up because if injuries and simply not playing enough to be called the best goalie.

Iker to me isnt the best goalie in the world, he makes too many errors.
the question was did he overtake, and he did..

and if so then who do you rank as the best in the world?

OK, sure, he overtook him, but not based on anything he did.

Who is the best goalie in the world? I dont know. But not Iker, as I said, too many mistakes.

I dont seperate him from the pack like I used to with Buffon.

Although I feel you are underrating San Iker, I do feel that Buffon has a greater legacy as a goalkeeper as Iker still has some way to go before overtaking gigi.

iker has won more titles than buffon has, if he was ways to go to overtake gigi, then its based on skill, and based on that he never will.

casillas and neuer are two exceptional goal keepers but because iker has done it for longer and in more important sitautions i still would vote for him being number 1.

@ windkick, most goalkeepers wouldnt be able to stop most of the goals casillas has to concede against barca Smile

Last edited by The Madrid One on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:05 am

I think comparing goalkeepers gets you no where at all and is stupid. How do you compare them?

Amount of saves? Its far too inconsistent as one can save 20 in a game while the other 2 or 3.

Amount of important saves? Define important first because it really can mean anything.

Amount of saves in important matches? One goal keeper can have 100 important games under his belt while the other has just 10.

Amount of errors? All keepers can make errors, some more than others but does it mean the keeper is bad.

Amount of games played? Just no.

Trophies? A bad keeper can still win trophies.

Do you rate them on a per season performance, whole career performance or peek performance? Some people cannot separate between the three.

I could go on and on lol. A keeper is noticed for saving crazy shots constantly and that's when the best separate from the bunch.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:07 am

windkick wrote:
El Pipita wrote:Casillas step up in big games and when he does it you can't score against him anyway. that makes him different.

Barca score a ton on him in big games, just saying

Big game does not mean only Barca. also you can't blame him on that one, Messi is not a player to miss one on one. doesn't matter who is the keeper.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:10 am

For some reason I still think Zenga and Pagliuca were both better than Buffon ever was. So many great Gk's Italy have produce, has to be said.

I don't think Casillas "took" Buffon's title as best GK, rather, Buffon simply lost it due to his injuries and was never the same after he came back.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:13 am

Lord Hispano wrote:For some reason I still think Zenga and Pagliuca were both better than Buffon ever was. So many great Gk's Italy have produce, has to be said.

I don't think Casillas "took" Buffon's title as best GK, rather, Buffon simply lost it due to his injuries and was never the same after he came back.

Zoff was better than all of them, actually. The saves he made in the 1982 World Cup were epic.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:13 am

H.A. wrote:I think comparing goalkeepers gets you no where at all and is stupid. How do you compare them?

Amount of saves? Its far too inconsistent as one can save 20 in a game while the other 2 or 3.

Amount of important saves? Define important first because it really can mean anything.

Amount of saves in important matches? One goal keeper can have 100 important games under his belt while the other has just 10.

Amount of errors? All keepers can make errors, some more than others but does it mean the keeper is bad.

Amount of games played? Just no.

Trophies? A bad keeper can still win trophies.

Do you rate them on a per season performance, whole career performance or peek performance? Some people cannot separate between the three.

I could go on and on lol. A keeper is noticed for saving crazy shots constantly and that's when the best separate from the bunch.

+1
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:19 am

Buffon's injuries slowed him down, he is still the best keeper I have ever seen... He's so polished

Casillas is great too but not on Buffon's level imo... But I don't think Neuer has passed Casillas
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:22 am

wigglesworth wrote:Zoff was better than all of them, actually. The saves he made in the 1982 World Cup were epic.

Yeah, no argument there Zoff is just Legendary along with Yashin and Banks.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:24 am

Casillas has won more titles than Buffon? Just asking.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:27 am

Has he? Razz

I'm not a cup freak. ('Less it's coffee :coffee:)
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:32 am

wigglesworth wrote:Casillas has won more titles than Buffon? Just asking.

Casillas has 14 and Buffon has 8 according to wikipedia. That includes supercups but excludes youth tournaments [if it includes it then casillas would be 18 and buffon 9]
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:33 am

Lord Hispano wrote:Has he? Razz

I'm not a cup freak. ('Less it's coffee :coffee:)

I don't think so, but someone said so. I think that they are about even in titles.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:41 am

Neuer is not as good as these legends, yet. He has the raw talent to be at their level, definitely.

For those saying that he popped up only last year... negative. He's been great for several years now, but since he plays for Schalke obviously was underrated. Only when people saw him in the WC and the CL did they hype him.

Wait for him to fully integrate himself in Munich so he can be Duke Nukem again.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:56 am

lets be fair to iker.....he overtook Buffon when he beat him face to face in Euro 08 penalty shoot-outs....Before that Buffon was by far the best, since then Casillas has been better than Buffon
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by emassy Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:36 am

Buffon remains the best goalie in the last decade by IFFHS and took it from schmeichel,van der sar is 3rd and casillas is 4th. VDS is retired and buffon is diminishing of late which means casillas have enough time to be no 1 (if he hasnt already) by retirement if he keeps up like this with silverwares inclusive.
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:51 am

Well, I think the question will very likely be decided during the Euro 2012 as then we can see Neuer, Casillas, Buffon (hopefully, I really want him to return from all his injuries in top form), Lloris and probably some other interesting keepers in action and can compare them more easily.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:43 am

emassy wrote:Buffon remains the best goalie in the last decade by IFFHS and took it from schmeichel,van der sar is 3rd and casillas is 4th. VDS is retired and buffon is diminishing of late which means casillas have enough time to be no 1 (if he hasnt already) by retirement if he keeps up like this with silverwares inclusive.

When you copy my signature make sure you also don't copy stuff that does not pertain to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:35 am

emassy wrote:Buffon remains the best goalie in the last decade by IFFHS and took it from schmeichel,van der sar is 3rd and casillas is 4th. VDS is retired and buffon is diminishing of late which means casillas have enough time to be no 1 (if he hasnt already) by retirement if he keeps up like this with silverwares inclusive.

Kahn :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:12 pm

Casillas overtook Buffon in 07/08 and showed exactly why in the Eurocup.

Casillas' Eurocup performances were like no performances ive sever seen by a keeper. Ever since about a year ago Casillas has plateaued
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:04 am

Jeps33178 wrote:Casillas overtook Buffon in 07/08 and showed exactly why in the Eurocup.

Casillas' Eurocup performances were like no performances ive sever seen by a keeper. Ever since about a year ago Casillas has plateaued

lol and Buffon overtook Casilias in the ucl 09/10 he saved miracles ...

for me still Buffon > casilias ( when in form)
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:33 am

Sigh............ this is just such a tired topic. People still maintain buffon is the best in the world although he hasnt had a decent season in the last 3 years.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:23 am

ragbirjosh wrote:Sigh............ this is just such a tired topic. People still maintain buffon is the best in the world although he hasnt had a decent season in the last 3 years.

if not buffon was inj whole last season .... and the season before he was class lol IF we don't play UCL it doesn't mean buffon sucks u know
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Casillas has been meh for 3 years except for a handful moments of brilliance
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Casillas is crap.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Never thought cassilas was the best never will. Valdes is better and has been for a while, van der sar was better, neuer is on his way, lloris is better. RM fans clutching at straws, like the way marcelo after haldf a good season became the best lb is the whole world.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next