When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas?

+29
ChollaVille
guest7
B-Mac
Doc
jibers
El Chelsea Fuerte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Le Samourai
DeviAngel
Jeps33178
VivaStPauli
rwo power
emassy
McAgger
Sushi Master
LeSwagg James
Lord Awesome
H.A.
windkick
Arquitecto
Pedram
Albiceleste
The Franchise
Raptorgunner
lszanto
wigglesworth
The Madrid One
Kick
BarrileteCosmico
33 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

When did Casillas become better than Buffon?

When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_lcap5%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_lcap0%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_lcap3%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_lcap8%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_lcap15%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_lcap5%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_lcap8%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_lcap0%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_lcap58%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 40

When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Empty When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:26 am

:coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Empty Re: When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas?

Post by Kick Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:29 am

Neuer overtook casillas last year.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Empty Re: When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas?

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:30 am

doesnt matter when, the fact that hes been consistent enough and big enough to do it when it counts rank him as a huge goalkeeper.

i cant careless for anyone that thinks hes overated, hes done enough to be considered among the best, and because of when hes done it and how hes done it hes been the best atleast since 2007 or 2008 and one of the best since forever.

When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? 102816134_display_image

When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? Casillas_save_Italy

Last edited by The Madrid One on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:30 am

With Serie A on strike I watched some EPL and La Liga. Buffon would have stopped 90% of the goals I saw scored. And I am an Inter and Cesar fan.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:33 am

and anyone why are people saying he was never better than buffon? you honestly think the buffon of right now or even all these past 3 or 4 years has been the same god he once was?

if you rank them both at their prime its understandable that people roll to bufffons side but atm?

LOLS
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:35 am

Neuer showed last year he is the best shot stopper in the world by a mile.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:37 am

Neuer still makes some weird ass mistakes. Not the best IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:38 am

i think to be the best you have to prove your self in big teams and big moments too. if you want to rate solely based on ability as a goalkeeper, is neuer really better than casillas?

id have to see more of him.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:41 am

Buffon and Cassilas have won World Cups. Just saying.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:43 am

Almunia is the best, and you all know it. Suspect
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:43 am

wigglesworth wrote:Buffon and Cassilas have won World Cups. Just saying.

So Pedro > Messi
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:45 am

wigglesworth wrote:Buffon and Cassilas have won World Cups. Just saying.
Keep living in the past

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:45 am

but how can one rank a goalkeeper that hasnt won anything and hasnt really showed anything special enough in big games, (because he hasnt been given the chance yet.. neuer that is...) higher than a guy who reapeatedly shows his worth in the big games and has done so for a very long time now?

i guess people are just basing it on pure goal keeping ability.. but in what areas is he better than casillas.. eg positioning.. consistency.. etc..
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:46 am

To answer the question, I dont feel Iker took it from Buffon as so much as Buffon gave it up because if injuries and simply not playing enough to be called the best goalie.

Iker to me isnt the best goalie in the world, he makes too many errors.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:46 am

Buffon is the best of the three. He will be considered one of the best of all time, along with Dino Zoff, Peter Schmeichel and Gordon Banks.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:47 am

Casillas step up in big games and when he does it you can't score against him anyway. that makes him different.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:47 am

The Madrid One wrote:but how can one rank a goalkeeper that hasnt won anything and hasnt really showed anything special enough in big games, (because he hasnt been given the chance yet.. neuer that is...) higher than a guy who reapeatedly shows his worth in the big games and has done so for a very long time now?

i guess people are just basing it on pure goal keeping ability.. but in what areas is he better than casillas.. eg positioning.. consistency.. etc..
Neuer kept the scoreline vs Man U in the first leg respectable, that would qualify as a big game.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:47 am

The Franchise wrote:To answer the question, I dont feel Iker took it from Buffon as so much as Buffon gave it up because if injuries and simply not playing enough to be called the best goalie.

the question was did he overtake, and he did..

and if so then who do you rank as the best in the world?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:48 am

Comparing Neuer to Casillas and Buffon is an insult to 2 individuals who have for years, been absolute rocks between the sticks as Neuer only popped up last year.

He is great, but prone to some serious mistakes.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:51 am

The Madrid One wrote:
The Franchise wrote:To answer the question, I dont feel Iker took it from Buffon as so much as Buffon gave it up because if injuries and simply not playing enough to be called the best goalie.

OK, sure, he overtook him, but not based on anything he did.

Who is the best goalie in the world? I dont know. But not Iker, as I said, too many mistakes.

I dont seperate him from the pack like I used to with Buffon.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:51 am

Neuer's saves continually change matches and can save his team, he's young(for a keeper) and will continually get better, his raw reactions saves are top. Put him in Barca/Real and there would be no dispute he is the best.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:53 am

ya fair enough..

buffon was in a class of his own at his best..

but iker deserves the respect hes got, hes the number 1 because hes won the titles and helped win titles with his performances.. thats why based on that i cant say neuer is better, but he probably will be known as the best in the world if he proves a bit more.

when it comes to 1 vs 1 ability if he isnt beter yet, he will be, by what im reading...

The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:00 am

El Pipita wrote:Casillas step up in big games and when he does it you can't score against him anyway. that makes him different.

Barca score a ton on him in big games, just saying
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:01 am

Buffon was the best, then Iker was the best...but the last year or so I feel Iker hasn't been in his prime anymore. Not to take anything away, the man is amazing but I don't sense he is at his peak anymore.

I could see Neuer in the next year or so taking his spot
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:02 am

The Franchise wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:

OK, sure, he overtook him, but not based on anything he did.

Who is the best goalie in the world? I dont know. But not Iker, as I said, too many mistakes.

I dont seperate him from the pack like I used to with Buffon.

Although I feel you are underrating San Iker, I do feel that Buffon has a greater legacy as a goalkeeper as Iker still has some way to go before overtaking gigi.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next