Casillas rift with Mourinho

4 posters

Go down

Casillas rift with Mourinho Empty Casillas rift with Mourinho

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:29 am

I've been hearing a lot about this, from the commentators on both feeds of the Zara game when I was watching, from friends, and now I stumble across this.

What's the situation here? Apparently the phone calls were about keeping what is happening at the club level separate from the national team.

Mourinho and Casillas on collision course after phone row

By David Redshaw
Saturday 27 August 2011

Rumours of a fallout between Real Madrid boss José Mourinho and his goalkeeper Iker Casillas are now a reality, according to Friday´s digital edition of El Confidencial. While nobody outside of the dressing room at the club will openly admit there is a problem, it seems Casillas´ demotion to the bench for Wednesday´s Trofeo Santiago Bernabéu game against Galatasaray was not just a case of resting the Spain captain.

It was reported that Mourinho admitted to a close circle of friends, and in front of his players, that Casillas was left out of the starting line-up as punishment for his phone calls to Barcelona´s Xavi Hernández and Carles Puyol following the ill-tempered meeting between the two sides in the second leg of the Supercopa de España. Casillas had contacted his Spanish international teammates to offer an olive branch to try to defuse an already volatile situation, yet the Portuguese has interpreted this as crossing the line between what goes on inside the dressing room and what gets aired publicly.

Mourinho also showed his annoyance in the Press conference after Wednesday´s game. Questioned about Casillas´ decision to make the calls, he replied: “Casillas can phone who he wants, he doesn´t need my permission,” before rising from his chair and walking out of the room. Even so, barring any last minute surprises Casillas is expected to be restored to the team for Sunday´s opening fixture of the 2011/12 La Liga season against Real Zaragoza at La Romareda.

Meanwhile, Mourinho has decided not to accept an invitation from UEFA to be present at the organisations´ summit of Europe´s top coaches, scheduled to take place in Nyon, Switzerland, on August 31 and September 1. UEFA has tried to convince the former Chelsea and Porto boss to attend the event, even though it is thought his presence might have diverted attention from the purpose of the meeting. The incidents at the end of last week´s Supercopa game with Barcelona when Mourinho was seen to poke his finger in the eye of Tito Vilanova, a member of Barca´s coaching staff, were seen around the world and have damaged his image in the eyes of many.

In contrast, Barcelona´s Pep Guardiola confirmed his attendance some days ago.

Then this today

"I get on very well with him, just like the rest. Sometimes we disagree on certain things, but our relationship is very good. The situation is normal," Casillas is quoted as saying by Marca.

"I have always defended him and he has done the same with me. There are no problems whatsoever. Things have been good right from the start, and to say there is a bad relation between us is absolutely false."
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Casillas rift with Mourinho Empty Re: Casillas rift with Mourinho

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:55 am

people make up crap.

the phone calls + the fact that mou has said no one is a certainty to be starter + and casillas didnt play santigao bernabeu trophy= endless fake news and crap from everyone.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:11 am

more bs made up

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:53 am

Mourinho realized what i have been telling you all along. We need a new goalkeeper who's fresh and full of positive chi.

Adan is better anyway.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:12 pm

It's not BS guys, but definitely it is being made out to be more than it is. Mou was annoyed but Casillas has as much interest in seleccion as with RM. He is the captain of both and given the seleccion is about to be together for next week, his phone calls were essential to the harmony on that team. Mou just doesn't understand the rational on National teams. However, he is smart enough to know how good and important Iker is to both Real and España. The issue is now over with.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:21 pm

Bill I think you're right, hopefully Mou lets Iker do his thing when it comes to La Furia Roja
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down