pUsHa
zizzle
the xcx
Shamirr
poolsupporter
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Illegal Downloading in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Downloading in America

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:50 pm

I love how the government goes after teenagers and what not downloading music instead of going after the child molesters, terrorists, and serial killers on the loose.

JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Illegal Downloading in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Illegal Downloading in America

Post by poolsupporter Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 pm

The xcx wrote:Oh and Id like to add that people getting caught are usually uploaders, not downloaders its impossible to authorities always to track back ur ip, since you can always use proxys, or change ur IP, if your net provider allows it.

Not true. My cousin who was contacted by Verizon was called because of downloading from a Rapidshare type site.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:23 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:I love how the government goes after teenagers and what not downloading music instead of going after the child molesters, terrorists, and serial killers on the loose.

What makes you think they aren't going after the people you mention?

Besides, this has almost nothing to do with the government as of now. It's a deal between the RIAA and ISPs.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:24 pm

EVERYTHING (songs, movies, tv shows, games) is downloaded or a pirated CD copy. God bless England!
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:37 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
The xcx wrote:Oh and Id like to add that people getting caught are usually uploaders, not downloaders its impossible to authorities always to track back ur ip, since you can always use proxys, or change ur IP, if your net provider allows it.

Not true. My cousin who was contacted by Verizon was called because of downloading from a Rapidshare type site.
trust me uploaders get twice as much butthurt from authorities, than the ones whos downloading it. Just tell ur cousin to keep a low profile for some time or change your internet provider.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:37 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:I love how the government goes after teenagers and what not downloading music instead of going after the child molesters, terrorists, and serial killers on the loose.

Besides, this has almost nothing to do with the government as of now. It's a deal between the RIAA and ISPs.

Nothing, but place more effort into it.

Like seizing atdhe.net.

Go visit the site, that is a government agency who overtook it.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:41 pm

The xcx wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

trust me uploaders get twice as much butthurt from authorities, than the ones whos downloading it. Just tell ur cousin to keep a low profile for some time or change your internet provider.

Oh I know that. Sharing pirated data can land you in jail. The RIAA in the last couple of years caught a couple of people and made examples out of them. However their actions made no difference to the overall attitudes to downloads.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:44 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

Nothing, but place more effort into it.

Like seizing atdhe.net.

Go visit the site, that is a government agency who overtook it.

How are you judging their efforts though?

Finding illegal activity online is handled by some agency, while the search for other kinds of criminals are carried out by different divisions. The actions of one group have no bearing on the other. (The agencies that is)

As for atdhe.net. They just seized the domain. And rightly so, no matter how much we hate it. They made a big post mocking the USA online regarding how a single domain was seized by government so they opened up like 5 new domains in different countries. atdhenet.tv is their new domain by the way.

I have no sympathy for these people and no one should. They know what they are doing is illegal.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:48 pm

Oh I know atdhe has a new site and that is why it is even more of a joke and a useless effort.

Honestly, music is overpriced and artists make enough money. Sorry they do not have enough to buy their ninth car or their fifth house.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
The xcx wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

Oh I know that. Sharing pirated data can land you in jail. The RIAA in the last couple of years caught a couple of people and made examples out of them. However their actions made no difference to the overall attitudes to downloads.
The thing is it all depends where you live. The fact is that countries that is serious about illegal uploading/downloading they usually charge you, or a lawsuit, depends all whos pulling the strings. Not surprised if you end up being in jail in US. Laws do not apply to every country.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:08 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:Oh I know atdhe has a new site and that is why it is even more of a joke and a useless effort.

Honestly, music is overpriced and artists make enough money. Sorry they do not have enough to buy their ninth car or their fifth house.

Overpriced? Really? All the millions that artists make come from the live shows and concerts. They barely make enough from their releases unless they are seriously big stars. I'm friends with a number of electronic music producers who are signed to half decent labels who barely see any money when their music is released all because of the revenue sharing model.

At .99 cents for the average track, the price is not something worth complaining about.

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:09 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:Oh I know atdhe has a new site and that is why it is even more of a joke and a useless effort.

Its not about artists who care about the money. Industries are the top dogs in this. Same goes for gaming etc, alot of video game developers shut down their studious, because they cannot cover their budget expenses. Alot of good studios do not develop games to pc, so instead they develop to console. Or they do like Capcom and Ubisoft does. They publish games first in console, meaning that they intend to get the profit from consoles, and they think about releasing the game to pc later.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:11 pm

The xcx wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
The xcx wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

The thing is it all depends where you live. The fact is that countries that is serious about illegal uploading/downloading they usually charge you, or a lawsuit, depends all whos pulling the strings. Not surprised if you end up being in jail in US. Laws do not apply to every country.

Absolutely. I like that the North American laws made me go the right direction towards my internet activity. Illegal downloading is too widespread to expect one change in laws to completely eradicate it.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:42 am

I believe if they catch you after they warn you they can terminate your service.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:15 am

Lionel Messi wrote:I believe if they catch you after they warn you they can terminate your service.
You mean like cut down the internet? Yes they can do that, infact France is already doing it I think.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:57 am

I see nothing wrong with Sharing Music, movies, tv shows etc... It comes down to everyone having access to the information. I think if you can't afford it then it's cool, Pirate away! The second you can, you need to man up and make your Pirated collection legit. That's what I've done. When I was in HS and Uni I couldn't afford crap, but I still loved movies and Music, So I pirated. Now that I work I've been buying everything I pirated. It's costing me a ton, but now I can pay for what gives me joy...

Oh and the Movie industry doesn't make as much money as you would think from DVD sales (money is made it's just not spread out)so Watch Movies at the Cinema to truly show your support...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:33 am

remember how it used to be? 1 guy buys a CD and then the whole block has it...
today its the same thing, but the whole world has it.... sharing Smile

but, ye. I got a warning from comcast, for some movie downloaded... so i stopped downloading other movies... and stopped sharing the rest

i read up, that the whole thing is being discussed and mostly they track down seeders! And shoot them warnings.... no serious action has taken place!!! yet!
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:35 am

Shamirr wrote:I see nothing wrong with Sharing Music, movies, tv shows etc... It comes down to everyone having access to the information. I think if you can't afford it then it's cool, Pirate away! The second you can, you need to man up and make your Pirated collection legit. That's what I've done. When I was in HS and Uni I couldn't afford crap, but I still loved movies and Music, So I pirated. Now that I work I've been buying everything I pirated. It's costing me a ton, but now I can pay for what gives me joy...

Oh and the Movie industry doesn't make as much money as you would think from DVD sales (money is made it's just not spread out)so Watch Movies at the Cinema to truly show your support...

^^ That's like saying if you can't afford a shirt, go out and steal it.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:43 am

no its not.... its more like sharing a bottle of water after a game of football with your mate
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:50 am

Shamirr wrote:I see nothing wrong with Sharing Music, movies, tv shows etc... It comes down to everyone having access to the information. I think if you can't afford it then it's cool, Pirate away! The second you can, you need to man up and make your Pirated collection legit. That's what I've done. When I was in HS and Uni I couldn't afford crap, but I still loved movies and Music, So I pirated. Now that I work I've been buying everything I pirated. It's costing me a ton, but now I can pay for what gives me joy...

Usually the uploaders leave a message like " If you really like the product, then you should support the developers/industry" meaning that you are supposed to buy the product afterwards.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:00 am

KMD wrote:no its not.... its more like sharing a bottle of water after a game of football with your mate

How the hell do you get to that conclusion? There are multiple copies of a file as opposed to a single bottle of water.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:07 am

poolsupporter wrote:
KMD wrote:no its not.... its more like sharing a bottle of water after a game of football with your mate

How the hell do you get to that conclusion? There are multiple copies of a file as opposed to a single bottle of water.

it depends on how you look at it, if you buy a movie, can't you set it up on a big tv and let 100 people watch it?
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:30 am

KMD wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

it depends on how you look at it, if you buy a movie, can't you set it up on a big tv and let 100 people watch it?

Yeah, but they don't get to keep copies.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:53 am

The shirt analogy is probably closer to the truth than the water... but neither is quite accurate.
When a shirt is taken it's stolen... gone from the original place and now solely in the possession of the "thief."
When a computer file is shared a new copy is created. Nothing is stolen or removed from the original possessor's grasp.

Still, paying for whatever DVD, game, or music you want is always the better option. A) it's the morally correct thing to do and (B) It shows the producing company that the product is worth supporting and continuing.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:11 am

The way I was looking at:

A single file can be copied and duplicated to make a number of copies. This is similar to rack of similar shirts at a store.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:19 am

RedOranje wrote:The shirt analogy is probably closer to the truth than the water... but neither is quite accurate.
When a shirt is taken it's stolen... gone from the original place and now solely in the possession of the "thief."
When a computer file is shared a new copy is created. Nothing is stolen or removed from the original possessor's grasp.

Still, paying for whatever DVD, game, or music you want is always the better option. A) it's the morally correct thing to do and (B) It shows the producing company that the product is worth supporting and continuing.
Debatable. Thats why most of the files are copyrighted. Lets say you make a copy of a original movie and share it with your friends, whan the law exactly says that you are not allowed modify or make a copy out of it, it still can qualify as a theft.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next