Link: https://2img.net/h/oi52.tinypic.com/2w4ebzl.jpg

poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

LFC Stats - Official - Page 4 Empty Re: LFC Stats - Official

Post by poolsupporter Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Now that I'm back:

- We hold the best defensive record in the league. Conceded 13.
- Conceding 0.87 goals/game.
- Tackle Success % - 74%
- 80% of open play pass completion.
- 2.48 successful dribbles per game.
- 95 out of 416 crosses have been accurate. 23% accurate.
- Created a total of 202 chances.
- 1 of only 3 teams with chance creation above 200.
- We create a chance every 7 minutes.
- A total of 203 shots have been attempted with 81 being on target. 40% accuracy.
- Chance conversion still lies below double digits at 9%. Ranked third from the bottom in this regard.

Having followed our stats after each game this season, there is no doubt finishing chances is where we have failed.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:41 pm

I've been wondering. What constitutes a "chance created"?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:I've been wondering. What constitutes a "chance created"?

I'm guessing some sort of goal opportunity. Be it a cross where the header was met, a shot, etc. There is a statistic out there for 'clear cut chances' as well, if you'd be interested in that.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Well if its not too hard to include the clear cut chances in future that'd be cool.

The reason I ask is simply cause over 200 chances seems like a lot.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:54 pm

So far this season Liverpool have had 37 clear cut chances.

In comparison, Manchester City have had 43, Chelsea have had 35, Arsenal have had 38 and United have had 36.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:59 pm

^ Nice one.

That stat just proves even further that we are no where near clinical in front of goal.

37 clear cut chances only 18 league goals scored :facepalm:
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:01 am

At a 9% completion rate we are ranked in the bottom along with Wigan and Blackburn. We desperately need someone who can finish chances.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:14 am

poolsupporter wrote:At a 9% completion rate we are ranked in the bottom along with Wigan and Blackburn. We desperately need someone who can finish chances.

But what do we do?

1. Wait and hope our own players come good?
2. Buy a striker in Jan?
3. Buy a striker in summer?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:52 am

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:At a 9% completion rate we are ranked in the bottom along with Wigan and Blackburn. We desperately need someone who can finish chances.

But what do we do?

2. Buy a striker in Jan?

Our owners have come out in public and mentioned our goal for this season to get back into the Top4. The sooner we get someone to finish chances the better. It just doesn't look like anyone in the squad is going to come good so far. I'd invest in a good striker in the winter.

BUT

I refuse for us to be robbed again. I don't mind paying a little above market value; in fact in this window I don't expect deals to be fair at all, but I just don't want a Carroll type robbery.

If the ideal deal doesn't come along, I'd rather wait out this season and look in the summer.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:11 am

poolsupporter wrote:

But what do we do?

2. Buy a striker in Jan?

Our owners have come out in public and mentioned our goal for this season to get back into the Top4. The sooner we get someone to finish chances the better. It just doesn't look like anyone in the squad is going to come good so far. I'd invest in a good striker in the winter.

BUT

I refuse for us to be robbed again. I don't mind paying a little above market value; in fact in this window I don't expect deals to be fair at all, but I just don't want a Carroll type robbery.

If the ideal deal doesn't come along, I'd rather wait out this season and look in the summer.

One only thing about buying a new striker is that I feel like we'd be giving up on Andy and I don't want that. I know he has disappointed so far but I retain hopes that he will be a beast in the future.

And as you said there are issues to buying players in January and getting screwed again would be more than annoying. Also imo there are not really that many realistic quality targets out there. We should only buy if a good opportunity presents itself and not for the sake of buying.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:21 am

poolsupporter wrote:

But what do we do?

2. Buy a striker in Jan?

BUT

One only thing about buying a new striker is that I feel like we'd be giving up on Andy and I don't want that. I know he has disappointed so far but I retain hopes that he will be a beast in the future.

And as you said there are issues to buying players in January and getting screwed again would be more than annoying. Also imo there are not really that many realistic quality targets out there. We should only buy if a good opportunity presents itself and not for the sake of buying.

The one thing I've maintained since I've been a part of these forums, is patience.

Results are not going to come in a single season. Top 4 is a realistic target, but 2 years ago, none of us would have envisioned the level of competition we'd be facing. Not just for the Top 4 spot, but also in all our games.

I agree that we should only go after someone if he is a) good b) affordable. The last thing we need to do is pull a Chelsea and spend big to buy a big name who doesn't deliver.

Andy needs time. One has to consider how young he is. If people watch his ability on the ball more closely, I think they'd be impressed. With that said though, he's been here for nearly a year and hasn't done much, so it's a tough position for the manager and club as a whole as far as the transfer window is concerned.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:26 am

poolsupporter wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

But what do we do?

2. Buy a striker in Jan?

BUT

The one thing I've maintained since I've been a part of these forums, is patience.

Results are not going to come in a single season. Top 4 is a realistic target, but 2 years ago, none of us would have envisioned the level of competition we'd be facing. Not just for the Top 4 spot, but also in all our games.

I agree that we should only go after someone if he is a) good b) affordable. The last thing we need to do is pull a Chelsea and spend big to buy a big name who doesn't deliver.

Andy needs time. One has to consider how young he is. If people watch his ability on the ball more closely, I think they'd be impressed. With that said though, he's been here for nearly a year and hasn't done much, so it's a tough position for the manager and club as a whole as far as the transfer window is concerned.

Basically agree with all of that.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:51 am

By summer Carroll will be good. More regular games will help that. However, another striker would be good IMO. This is one area we don't have much cover. Only viable option at CF/ST other than Carroll & Suarez are two 30+ players.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:08 pm

Liverpool - Blackburn

LFC Stats - Official - Page 4 ITazb

LFC Stats - Official - Page 4 BnXlA

LFC Stats - Official - Page 4 2qarA

Even Yakubu had more touches than Carroll at 40.

For the amount we dominated the game the number isn't great. He needs to be more involved. It seems like no one ever passes the ball to him.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:53 pm

did you guys see this
sorry for posting in your section Embarassed

04 January 2012
Liverpool Crossing 2011-12

So, how's that crossing toward Carroll thing going?

LFC Stats - Official - Page 4 Image-10

Through the first 17 league games, Liverpool averaged just under 19 crosses per match. In the three since, Liverpool are averaging exactly 35 crosses per match, with 43 against Blackburn, 26 against Newcastle, and 36 against City. Aside from an aberration at Blackburn, when Liverpool completed 16 crosses, the side hasn't delivered more than eight successful crosses in a single match. And all those crosses have led to just two league goals this season.

The change in tactics isn't totally down to Andy Carroll's inclusion. Prior to Blackburn, Liverpool's crossing habits barely differed whether the big striker played or not. Carroll featured in slightly less than half of Liverpool's first 17 games – 750 minutes, starting in eight. Liverpool attempted 165 crosses with Carroll on the pitch in those 17 games, completing 34, a success rate of 20.6% and an average of 4.54 minutes per cross. Liverpool played 780 minutes without Carroll during that span, attempting 154 crosses and completing 29 – 18.8% successful and an average of 5.06 minutes per cross. A negligible difference, at best.

However, with Carroll completing 90 minutes in each of the last three matches, twice without Luis Suarez, Liverpool have attempted 105 crosses, completing 26 – 24.7% successful and an average of 2.57 minutes per cross. A slightly better success rate, but with almost twice as many crosses attempted. The tactic led to exactly one goal – the equalizer against Blackburn, when Maxi (!) headed in Skrtel's (!!!) volleyed cross after a broken-down corner.

That was one of just two Liverpool goals from crosses, according to Guardian's chalkboards.The other was Suarez's header against QPR, assisted by Adam, after a corner was initially cleared. Corners (Bolton, Villa) and free kicks (Sunderland) do not count. Why Enrique's chipped cutback to Carroll against Everton isn't included is beyond my comprehension, but that'd make it three instead of two. Which is hardly better considering Liverpool have attempted 424 crosses this season.

With Suarez out for the next seven matches, Liverpool will invariably continue blasting crosses toward target-men, primarily Carroll. The mocked and maligned striker's finishing has to has to has to improve, but Downing, Kuyt, Johnson, Enrique, Adam, Henderson, etc, etc also need to provide better balls. Gerrard's cameo against Newcastle at least gives some encouragement that Liverpool's delivery can and will improve.

Hopefully, practice makes perfect. Liverpool don't have much margin for error anymore.
oh you beauty
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Liverpool Vs. Stoke.

Substitution 59'

Andy Carroll IN
Stewart Downing OUT

Andy Carroll - Total Playing Time = 31 minutes at the very least.

Total Touches = 6

6! It just seems like no one in the team trusts Carroll with the ball at his feet. As a result, almost every ball is a cross.

He is never going to do well for us unless some changes are made. Perhaps he needs to get more involved in the game himself, but seriously, 6 touches in 31 minutes is sad.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:48 am

Carroll spend a lot of time rather deep than where he should be. If I remember correctly, when Crouch used to play for us; he would be positioned around the box to hold-up the ball, knock-down for others or simply to get on on his own.

Another thing is most of the time it's just crosses (and that good) that are delivered to him. more diagonal balls should be sent to him.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:06 pm

A quick analysis of Henderson for those interested.

http://www.eplindex.com/9475/jordan-henderson-statistical-performance-analysis.html
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Liverpool are the 1st team in the top 5 European Leagues to have 500 shots!!!!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

AND WE ARE 9th IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:00 pm

We had like 20+ shots ON TARGET against Swansea.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:57 am

Fahim89 wrote:Liverpool are the 1st team in the top 5 European Leagues to have 500 shots!!!!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

AND WE ARE 9th IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

7th* Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:46 am

LFC's Team of the Year entrants:

Steven Gerrard

Alan Hansen

Kenny Dalglish
Ian Rush

Graeme Souness
Mark Lawrenson

John Barnes

Fernando Torres
Sami Hyypia
Kevin Keegan
Peter Beardsley
Rob Jones
Steve McMahon

Luis Suarez
Jamie Carragher
Michael Owen
Steve McManaman
John Toshack
Stig Inge Bjornebye
Ray Clemence
Gary Gillespie
Ray Houghton
David James
David Johnson
Sammy Lee
Terry McDermott
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

LFC Stats - Official - Page 4 Empty STATSlegacy

Post by Helmer Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:23 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f56/18/58/81/89/goals10.png

I thought lets discuss about few stats. As the international break has started, had nothing else to discuss Laughing This thread is all about stats and their interpretation and

*how has it affected the results we already had and
*how likely it is to affect the results in the future
*the reasoning out of the numbers we see in the table

So I thought I would start from the stats 'goals scored by individuals in our team'. May be this table can be updated time to time.

As long as we are winning, it is not a problem who is scoring goals but I think if we see the goal distribution it is so uneven compared to other teams in the first 10 games. With teams like Arsenal, Chelsea...there are 9-10 players involved in the goals contribution. We see that only 5 players from our team are involved in the goal contribution and that too out of 21 goals scored 16 are from the strikers and 1 own goal which involved Suarez, which seems terrible as pure numbers. Also remember that Gerrard has scored two goals but both are from penalty. The above stats include only EPL games and not cup games.

It is also possible that it boils down to the tactics from BR and the way he is setting up his team right now, that we play with two strikers up front so we expect the maximum contribution from SAS. The further fact is that after Suarez came back in our team we started scoring more than 2 goals although the sample size is very small and the factor of the opponent we played. So except Notts County game where we scored 4 goals but we needed 120 minutes to do that and which is not relevant to the above stats.
So how worrysome it is  or it can be ignored and it is just a matter of time that the stats will start looking different and no way it is going to affect the results in the future

:discuss:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:58 pm

The way I see it, if only the strikers are scoring, then all the players are doing their job properly.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Well, we are a bit attack-heavy, I suppose, playing with two strikers and a CAM. So maybe it makes sense, then, that it's the strikers who end up in goal-scoring situations, because there's less space for midfielders to charge into the box.

I dunno, I'm not really buying my own explanation x)

Yeah, goals from midfield would be nice. If good defenders manage to keep SAS in their pockets, that is likely to be a non-scoring game from our part right now. If that happens I'm sure this topic will get hot, but right now we're 2nd in the table and coming from a 4 - 0 win, so hard to get too pessimistic about this pirat 
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next