RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
Pedram
guest7
zarola
the xcx
16 posters

Go down

Limiting forum to quests? Empty Limiting forum to quests?

Post by the xcx Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:35 pm

What if we limit the forum to guests, so they are forced to register? Just lock up some sections or give some kind of time limit.
Point of this is that they will sooner or later register, that means they could also become active posters, and we can become more active?.
Just a thought tho.

Last edited by The xcx on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Limiting forum to quests? Empty Re: Limiting forum to quests?

Post by zarola Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:47 pm

I'm sorry is English your first language? I'm finding it very difficult to understand this.

Guests are limited, they can read but they cannot post, what is it exactly that you're asking?
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:53 pm

zarola wrote:I'm sorry is English your first language? I'm finding it very difficult to understand this.

Guests are limited, they can read but they cannot post, what is it exactly that you're asking?
Nope it isint btw, what I meant is that the forum should more private towards lurkers/guests. To completely make the forum avaible for themselves is to register. That means we could get more posters.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:59 pm

No it's their choice if they want to come or not. I've been a lurker if they like the site they will eventually join
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Don't force people to join the forum.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:29 pm

That would increase membership but not necessarily participation.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:36 pm

i was a lurker at some warez forum years back, used to *cough*download*cough* stuff there. THen they made every forum private. i registered and continued downloading lool
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Yeah it was a stupid idea. Mods delete or lock this thread, please Very Happy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:17 pm

no idea is stupid mate.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:19 pm

It was a good thought, maybe it would help who knows

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 pm

we should just make a pop up that comes on for guests that says "HEY I SEE YOU LURKING! DONT HESITATE TO SIGN UP AND BE ACTIVE"
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:20 pm

I dont think it's a stupid idea I just didnt understand what you were suggesting. It is a good problem to raise, just the solution probably won't work.

I'd think the only way to increase posting would be to make benefits for posting (ex. Cant post threads until x amount of posts, cant use sigs/avys until x amount of posts)... But this wouldnt decrease guests.

The lurkers we have now are just waiting for the season to start to post, since we dont have any non-goal.com members.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:28 am

I agree, force them to Register and you do any thing until you get like 100 posts Very Happy

And its usually them who are giving all the negative crap.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:21 am

I used to be a lurker on a particular forum. Everything was open for guests but later they locked particular sections which guests can't see. We can do something like this imo.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:31 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:That would increase membership but not necessarily participation.

I'd see this as a problem, however I believe it would be more likely to affect long term participation. With the posting option constantly activated they'd be more tempted to leave short thoughts on a topic, from which participation would either stem if they were involved in a decent discussion, or they could be scared off by a bunch of petty trolls flaming them.

We'd get a few more posters possibly, however we might also make it more annoying for those who discover the site, as opposed to those who are still lurking from goal.com, possibly because they're embarrassed about their English or they are simply reluctant to participate. If I recommend the site to a friend however, I think they'd be more likely to consider it if they could just lurk for a few weeks freely. People are very different though, so it might help others, those are just my thoughts.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:04 am

Everyone on here would probably like more lurkers to register and start posting, but I'd keep it the way it is. Let them lurk and see what an amazing place this is until they cannot resist joining in and become addicted, soon distracted from studies and/or work, eventually get kicked out of school or get fired, slowly lose all their friends and other real world social contacts, a little by little start getting in trouble with the law, the first charges are raised against them within 18-24 months of registering and eventually there's no escaping their downward spiral, despite of those occasional mornings when they - with tears of self-hatred in their eyes - decide to search for help, find that slight recovery for a few days when they actually open the curtains of their sorry, mould-damaged small one-room apartment that they call home and say "hi" to the checkout worker at the store for the first time in weeks, hoping that she won't ask you to show the contents of your old backpack, until again and again succumbing to the delicious, intoxicating allure of the Goallegacy forums Cool
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:07 am

Hahaha Art, that was brilliant.

I agree though, eventually they will have to bite.

I would register if I saw some comment I badly disagreed with.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:02 pm

Heskey > Maradona..

Come at me, Lurkers..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:28 am

Art Morte wrote:Everyone on here would probably like more lurkers to register and start posting, but I'd keep it the way it is. Let them lurk and see what an amazing place this is until they cannot resist joining in and become addicted, soon distracted from studies and/or work, eventually get kicked out of school or get fired, slowly lose all their friends and other real world social contacts, a little by little start getting in trouble with the law, the first charges are raised against them within 18-24 months of registering and eventually there's no escaping their downward spiral, despite of those occasional mornings when they - with tears of self-hatred in their eyes - decide to search for help, find that slight recovery for a few days when they actually open the curtains of their sorry, mould-damaged small one-room apartment that they call home and say "hi" to the checkout worker at the store for the first time in weeks, hoping that she won't ask you to show the contents of your old backpack, until again and again succumbing to the delicious, intoxicating allure of the Goallegacy forums Cool

Epic post
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 am

Art Morte wrote:Everyone on here would probably like more lurkers to register and start posting, but I'd keep it the way it is. Let them lurk and see what an amazing place this is until they cannot resist joining in and become addicted, soon distracted from studies and/or work, eventually get kicked out of school or get fired, slowly lose all their friends and other real world social contacts, a little by little start getting in trouble with the law, the first charges are raised against them within 18-24 months of registering and eventually there's no escaping their downward spiral, despite of those occasional mornings when they - with tears of self-hatred in their eyes - decide to search for help, find that slight recovery for a few days when they actually open the curtains of their sorry, mould-damaged small one-room apartment that they call home and say "hi" to the checkout worker at the store for the first time in weeks, hoping that she won't ask you to show the contents of your old backpack, until again and again succumbing to the delicious, intoxicating allure of the Goallegacy forums Cool

Epic Limiting forum to quests? 3176931354
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:19 am

Well, I personally find forums with a minimum amount of posts before you can do stuff thoroughly annoying, and people usually just spam posts until they can get to that minimum.
So I don't think it'd be clever :L

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Has any ever thought the lurkers are just members who haven't logged on yet. Anyways the idea in itself is a good one, don't know why so much people think its shit.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:49 pm

why do people even care

they will just register and never post again whats the use?

they will naturally register if they want to post and increasing the number of users wont matter

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:41 am

I don't understand it really. sure we can't force them to join, though it's a shame they are taking advantage of the forums by reading our news and etc... They should at least register for it, it stupid to see more guests than people who are actually registered. They should at least participate in some ways in such they can read at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:46 am

Who knows, maybe some of them are Goal.com's writers. they actually use our ideas at their articles sometimes.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down